IGNORED

It's surely far too late in the day but...

Mr Popodopolous

Someone told me, and I checked and it's accurate.

Both Bristol clubs at home on 3pm this coming Saturday. Not happened for a while.

Will one of us or them have to move slots? Usually been us moving kick off time etc in the recent past...

Again with just 6 days and nothing in the public domain, surely it's too late but anyone know?

Screenshot_20221106-184145_Chrome.thumb.jpg.051542c960b040c9634e8eb4f1dc3ca5.jpgScreenshot_20221106-184248_Chrome.thumb.jpg.547ba019c95e0e1452e1795707aa688a.jpg

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

It might be news to you and most of the rest of us who don't have the gas fixtures in our calendars, but I really don't think it's news to the efl, the clubs or the police. We were at home on the same day sometime last season. I doubt If we'll make 30k between us.

Edited by Sleepy1968
  • Like 2

I'm sure they've had to move it in the past? Or we have been home same day but we have been a later kick off due to T.V. for example, 2017 v Middlesbrough and 2018 v Norwich both seem familiar.

Then again we are the 6th or 7th biggest city in UK, shouldn't be an issue.

30 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I'm sure they've had to move it in the past? Or we have been home same day but we have been a later kick off due to T.V. for example, 2017 v Middlesbrough and 2018 v Norwich both seem familiar.

Then again we are the 6th or 7th biggest city in UK, shouldn't be an issue.

Yes I agree, until recent years (not that many!) games would move - but as the EFL wouldn't schedule us both at home on the same day in the first place, it would usually apply to cup games for at least one of the sides. I think we've been at home at the same time twice in the last three or four years, and one of those was last year. It might even have been an fa cup tie for them or something.

It`s not a problem for low-risk opposition. When police Julie used to post on here she said each game(s) were looked at on their merits and if there wasn`t likely to be any trouble it was fine. As @The Gasbusterposted, if we were playing Millwall and them Pompey one would have to move.

IIRC A&S Police`s biggest concern was fans meeting in the centre after the game and trouble kicking off then.

It's quite common for the fixtures computer to arrange both clubs at home for league games, but there is a convention that one will move to avoid a clash soon after they are released. However, in recent years it appears that the concerns are being quelled and we have had both teams playing on a Saturday a few times now. Cup matches are quite uncommon (seeing as City don't appear in the hat until January). I assume that the police will look at the possiblities of both Bristol crowds meeting up, but also the possibility of away fans mingling at Temple Meads - suppose two Midlands visitors get on the trains south for example.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Yes I agree, until recent years (not that many!) games would move - but as the EFL wouldn't schedule us both at home on the same day in the first place, it would usually apply to cup games for at least one of the sides. I think we've been at home at the same time twice in the last three or four years, and one of those was last year. It might even have been an fa cup tie for them or something.

I will correct myself actually, December 2018 wasn't a clash , definitely December 2017 saw two League games on the same day.

11 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

It`s not a problem for low-risk opposition. When police Julie used to post on here she said each game(s) were looked at on their merits and if there wasn`t likely to be any trouble it was fine. As @The Gasbusterposted, if we were playing Millwall and them Pompey one would have to move.

IIRC A&S Police`s biggest concern was fans meeting in the centre after the game and trouble kicking off then.

Agree with you and @The Gasbusterrisk or lack of feels key. Guess both games are sufficiently low risk to be on the same day at the same time.

Some Cup games too probably, feels unusual for the League though.