IGNORED

Team for Lincoln (Tues)

Davefevs

9 hours ago, James54De said:

How will Bajic “build his fitness” without starts?

I've said this before; it's just a sub-category until we see him in an 18, as then we know he's first-team ready. Why are you taking such issue with this? ?

I write the injury list after every game as I was doing it for myself anyway, so figured I'd post on here in case others found it useful. If you don't, stop reading it :)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Super said:

Whatever team we put out there can be no excuses if we don't win.

Agreed. A convincing win for me is needed and and on top of that it would be nice to see a good solid performance aswell. We need to be going into the Watford game with as much confidence as possible. 

• Like 1

I'd have thought Bell would be nailed-on to start, possibly alongside Conway or Martin. Also he may give Joe Low his full debut. King and Massengo in midfield.

Lincoln fans saying their team prefers not to have possession and play on the break, that's why they lost to Chippenham, their midfield is not up to much. Having said that they won 6-3 at the Mem in September so a bit unpredictable. 

1 hour ago, Son of Fred said:

No,

That was John Galley 

Yes, was working at the Gate and saw Galley running the line on the five a side pitch on the car park behind the "Grand Stand" with a bib in hand and foot in a plaster cast. He played on the Saturday. 

Was it his debut and did he notch a couple or even an hat trick?

21 minutes ago, redysteadygo said:

Yes, was working at the Gate and saw Galley running the line on the five a side pitch on the car park behind the "Grand Stand" with a bib in hand and foot in a plaster cast. He played on the Saturday. 

A hat trick

How is Bajic doing in the U21s? 

there will be a couple of switches I reckon. Joe Low and Bell possibly Andy King getting a start, but I don’t see in my Crystal Ball beyond anything that hasn’t been in the match day squad recently. This is a money spinning game if we get the right draw and may make a difference to spending in the future. SL will want to win it!

• Like 1

With where this falls in the season & with only one game afterwards for 4 weeks, I don’t expect too many changes from full strength at all.

Maybe King might start to allow a first choice midfielder an hour or so off, Martin might get a start but don’t think there will be that many.

Sykes & Dasilva could come back in, but seeing as they were first choices up until Saturday that’s not exactly revolutionary.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

With where this falls in the season & with only one game afterwards for 4 weeks, I don’t expect too many changes from full strength at all.

Maybe King might start to allow a first choice midfielder an hour or so off, Martin might get a start but don’t think there will be that many.

Sykes & Dasilva could come back in, but seeing as they were first choices up until Saturday that’s not exactly revolutionary.

Yep, hardly as if we have options at WBs to replace them with, have we?

I would give the front 4 (Wells, Conway, Semeneyo, Weimann) a go as well. 9 goals in 11 games is probably the reason why we've stuttered a bit as a team results wise. Give them the opportunity (particularly in Semenyeo's case) to kick start the scoring again.

I'm guessing Naismith, and Kalas are still out (judging by NP's comments), so no players returning from injury really who will need minutes.

1 minute ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Yep, hardly as if we have options at WBs to replace them with, have we?

I would give the front 4 (Wells, Conway, Semeneyo, Weimann) a go as well. 9 goals in 11 games is probably the reason why we've stuttered a bit as a team results wise. Give them the opportunity (particularly in Semenyeo's case) to kick start the scoring again.

I'm guessing Naismith, and Kalas are still out (judging by NP's comments), so no players returning from injury really who will need minutes.

Thought he said Atkinson might be well enough to be involved as he’s back in training, but can’t see the point in doing so for this one. Watford has to be the priority with him.

If we did play all 4 it is a question of how we fit them all in?

Weimann at RWB? Semenyo looked all at sea playing behind a Wells Conway front two, as well.

Can't see too many changes. It's a similar scenario to the Coventry game where these players need to start getting confidence from a win. No need for a rest, they've got 4 weeks off after Saturday.

Andy King has started both LCup games so would expect that to continue.

Personally I would keep Max in goal, the more minutes he gets the better understanding he has with the back three.

A good opportunity to play the 'old' WSM with Conway and Wells as impact subs if needed.

As said above this could be a decent money spinner with the right draw (home preferably and a packed 'Gate)

• Flames 1

5 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Thought he said Atkinson might be well enough to be involved as he’s back in training, but can’t see the point in doing so for this one. Watford has to be the priority with him.

If we did play all 4 it is a question of how we fit them all in?

Weimann at RWB? Semenyo looked all at sea playing behind a Wells Conway front two, as well.

I would play RA, just to get to see Pring at LWB (as well as he’s played at LCB3) and how they link up.

We have been at our most “creative” down our left in terms of “situations”, but as we all know the final ball from JD has been lacking.

I’d like to see a double-edged power left side.

Nige underplayed his performance against Sheffield Utd, but praised him on Saturday, so I think he’s started to prove himself again to Nige.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, redysteadygo said:

Yes,I do believe he did hit the net!

47 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I would play RA, just to get to see Pring at LWB (as well as he’s played at LCB3) and how they link up.

That would be best case. Hopefully he is able to go again after 3 hard games. I doubt he's done any less running at LCB than he would of at LWB. I think that could be a good partnership, Pring is normally more direct than Jay and crossing is better. 

I feel something like this as a balance between giving squad/young players a start and putting out a team that could win...

-------------------------------Bajic

--------------Vyner-----------Klose-----------Low

Sykes------------------------------------------------------Pring

----------------Kadji--------------------------James

-----------------------------Weimann

---------------Semenyo-----------------------Martin

Can't believe how many are suggesting starting Martin, he is well past his best before date now! 

I would have thought Bell should start up front, also Low at the back and Kadji in midfield. Beyond that I would not 'rest' too many. Just because Lincoln had an off-day Saturday does not mean we can treat them too lightly, otherwise it will be us on the end of shock result instead.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

My team:

Bajic

Vyner Atkinson Low

Sykes King Kadji Massengo Pring

Conway Bell

Subs: Bentley/O' Leary, Dasilva, Scott, Williams, Martin, Semenyo, Wells

Pearson's team:

Bentley

Vyner Atkinson Low

Sykes King Kadji Dasilva

Weimann

Conway Bell

Subs: Bentley/O' Leary, Scott, Williams, Martin, Semenyo, Pring, Wells

Note for both teams I have assumed Atkinson is well to play but if he is not, I think Klose would start and I think James would be on both benches. 

I predict to see changes from Nige. I could see him putting Bentley in goal, but I would be quite happy to see Bajic (I doubt he would give them 45 minutes each). I would like to see Low given a start and see how he can do I can also see Nige doing this. I would like to see Massengo start but I doubt he will. I would like to see Kadji given a start as well. I would like to see Conway and Bell to see how they work with each other. May be an opportunity to see some youngsters but not too many as we still want to win this.

6 minutes ago, MrRedRobin said:

My team:

Bajic

Vyner Atkinson Low

Conway Bell

Pearson's team:

Bentley

Vyner Atkinson Low

Sykes King Kadji Dasilva

Weimann

Conway Bell

Note for both teams I have assumed Atkinson is well to play but if he is not, I think Klose would start and I think James would be on both benches. 

I predict to see changes from Nige. I could see him putting Bentley in goal, but I would be quite happy to see Bajic (I doubt he would give them 45 minutes each). I would like to see Low given a start and see how he can do I can also see Nige doing this. I would like to see Massengo start but I doubt he will. I would like to see Kadji given a start as well. I would like to see Conway and Bell to see how they work with each other. May be an opportunity to see some youngsters but not too many as we still want to win this.

I'm not sure that's allowed, even in the Carabao Cup - players must choose which side they are going to play for before kick-off.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, MrRedRobin said:

My team:

Bajic

Vyner Atkinson Low

Conway Bell

Pearson's team:

Bentley

Vyner Atkinson Low

Sykes King Kadji Dasilva

Weimann

Conway Bell

Can have 9 subs too.

u21 game at 1pm…that’ll be our first insight.  A reasonable chance Massengo makes the 20 you’d think?