IGNORED

Lincoln City at home Carabao Cup third-round match thread

Jerseybean

1 minute ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Why blame Pearson? He's had f all money and yet is expected to work miracles? 

I suspect even in our financial position, we have had a better budget than any number of teams around us. Pearson and Gould confirmed recently, we are in the top ten payers in the league salary wise. If we are in the top ten salary wise, we should not be winning 2 in 12 (potentially 2 in 13). 

Clubs in the league, also haven't spent fortunes who aren't in the mess we're in.

People going on about Pearson has had no money to spend, but the majority of players who have played well for him, were already here, whether it be in the academy or at the club.

Most of what Pearson has brought in has not improved us at all, so why does it mean, if you give him money, he will suddenly be able to recruit brilliantly ? What he has recruited has been dire, and most are injury prone. If you can't perform without money, it doesn't mean you'll perform with it !

For 18 months he pretty much refused to play Wells, who alongside Conway this year has been our best attacking outlet. He was forced in to playing him because of injury to Semenyo! People say Wells is on too much money, but the fact is, he's our best striker and should be playing every week. Pearson has wasted the last 18 months and got it wrong about him. You read tosh about Pearson getting Wells to perform again and like Pearson has worked wonders with him. He kept our best striker on the bench for 18 months, playing him in 5 minute cameo's!!!! Pearson wouldn't know a good player if it was right in front of his nose. The bloke talks a good game, and has made fans feel sorry for him, with the no money debarcle.

Right now, I would much prefer to see Tinnion get the rest of the season in charge. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • Hmmm 1

2 minutes ago, Negan said:

Stop making out like he’s blameless ffs!! It’s his job to manage the team and train the players he has. He’s been here long enough now to atleast have us playing decent football/defensively solid. Less experienced managers with far less money at clubs deemed smaller than ours have had more success in 2 years than Nige has. This excuse of it’s not his fault because he’s had no money is getting tedious now. 

Spot on

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

And if you do that and get tonked by a team beaten by Chippenham on Saturday you do leave yourself open to criticism..........especially by those who have travelled and paid their hard earned to watch a team muster 2 shots in 42 minutes.

I get that but we got much bigger fish to fry , especially still with two of our best centre halves missing . Plus fringe players need minutes. You’ll only find out if they’re good enough if you play them 

Just now, Mihai said:

So good this World Cup break. We will be fighting for Relegation this season unfortunately. Let's hope Pearson can make it, but he doesn't seem the guy for the job either. He has worse results that he has to with this group of players.

If it goes like that, we better make a switch before is not too late.

Must admit I didn't expect us to be the way we finished the last season. This would be 3 seasons in a row where we are dogshit struggling at the bottom.

1 minute ago, robinforlife2 said:

I suspect even in our financial position, we have had a better budget than any number of teams around us. Pearson and Gould confirmed recently, we are in the top ten payers in the league salary wise. If we are in the top ten salary wise, we should not be winning 2 in 12 (potentially 2 in 13). 

Clubs in the league, also haven't spent fortunes who aren't in the mess we're in.

People going on about Pearson has had no money to spend, but the majority of players who have played well for him, were already here, whether it be in the academy or at the club.

Most of what Pearson has brought in has not improved us at all, so why does it mean, if you give him money, he will suddenly be able to recruit brilliantly ? What he has recruited has been dire, and most are injury prone. If you can't perform without money, it doesn't mean you'll perform with it !

For 18 months he pretty much refused to play Wells, who alongside Conway this year has been our best attacking outlet. He was forced in to playing him because of injury to Semenyo! People say Wells is on too much money, but the fact is, he's our best striker and should be playing every week. Pearson has wasted the last 18 months and got it wrong about him. You read tosh about Pearson getting Wells to perform again and like Pearson has worked wonders with him. He kept our best striker on the bench for 18 months, playing him in 5 minute cameo's!!!! Pearson wouldn't know a good player if it was right in front of his nose. The bloke talks a good game, and has made fans feel sorry for him, with the no money debarcle.

Right now, I would much prefer to see Tinnion get the rest of the season in charge. 

Agree with everything here apart from your last paragraph 

• Like 1

Just now, Numero Uno said:

That's what worries me. Sack Pearson and give the job to Steve and Junior to pick the next Manager and we may as well say hello to League 1 now. No decent Manager worth their salt will look at our finances and even come for an interview let alone take the job.

Blame the managers/players the real one to blame is the one who brought them here and sacked our best double winning manager in a long while...Step forward SL and son.

Just now, Andy082005 said:

We are in a dog fight. Not sure how you don’t think we arnt?

With all due respect there is still a lot of football to be played, it’s November not March.
Not saying I particularly want Pearson to stay mind you however we all know how Lansdown’s mind works by now - he is a ditherer and won’t act fast IMO.

Just now, IAmNick said:

I'm a big Pearson supporter but he needs to sort this total mess out.

Get into them at half time, make a few good, proactive subs and make sure we win this game. We should be beating Lincoln, no excuses.

He has to make changes at HT, get Conway & Wells on for Martin & Semenyo, Scott for King and lets play some football and turn this game around.

2 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I get that but we got much bigger fish to fry , especially still with two of our best centre halves missing . Plus fringe players need minutes. You’ll only find out if they’re good enough if you play them 

It’s worrying we are losing to Lincoln - this will make SL nervous 

7 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Think he has just found out?   I do feel sorry for them. but IT is embarrassing?

Edited by maxjak

Thoughts from someone unfortunate enough to be at the game:

- The main issue here is midfield. Kadji is positionally not there and King isn’t doing a James or Williams job to cover the gaps properly. Both need to go off at half time 

- As I said earlier, Lows error for the goal was coming. First touch was a welt, he’s taking ages to sort his feet out and now the other players are actively not looking for him. Needs to be hooked - the booings out of line but I liken this to Towler at Swansea a few years ago. He’s not at this level yet

- Bajic in real time I thought should have done better on the goal. Very near post, great hit but thought he should have had it. Looks nervy with feet but understandable as defence aren’t showing. Couple of good coming out to win and Klose sold him horrendously short once

- Mark Sykes can’t cross a ball

- Up front, as ever with CM, the mobility is gone. I think he’s done well for us but time is up.

HT I’d do Low, King, Kadji, Martin off and Scott, Vyner, Williams, Wells on. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, robinforlife2 said:

But that budget is spent on existing players, rather than being available for new players. 

• Like 1