IGNORED

Lincoln City at home Carabao Cup third-round match thread

Jerseybean

8 minutes ago, Andrew_V1 said:

This club is an absolute joke.

Fed up.

A slow painful deterioration until inevitable relegation to league 1 again beckons.

Owner has lost interest and frankly is incapable of leading a concurrent football strategy or good appointment to save his life

So sh*t at home for years now, embarrassing to hit this point with all the wasted millions on the Johnson jr vanity project

Hard to argue with that synopsis 

6 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

Have up until now been Pearson in.

However, this just isn’t good enough. Not by a long shot. These players should be doing better, and there has to be someone out there capable of getting more out of the players than NP and his coaching team are able to.

Time for change.

This

3 minutes ago, Street red said:

Someone else will get the best out of them for 5 minutes it will make no difference players seem to like the cozy life at this club,Put in performances when they want. Whoever is in charge it won't change a thing! The club's a shambles and needs massive massive change.

What do you suggest changes?

4 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Point is right, but Div 1. It’s a bit of a scratch side we have put out, but should still have more than enough quality really.

Lincoln will be absolutely fuming about going out of the cup at Chippenham, they will have been given an absolute roasting over the last 2-3 days by their coaching staff.

So if there was ever a time to put out a weak side, tonight clearly wasn’t it. 

Been very patient over the last few years but this is a bit hard to swallow, coupled with a situation below us getting tighter…this is much more Pearson’s team now and the same issues are occurring. I want it to work out for him but honestly? I’m beginning to waver in terms of my opinion, this isn’t really good enough. 

1 minute ago, firstdivision said:

Glorious hat trick tonight of defensive incompetence: not closing down, defender robbed, set piece. Sums up the last two years. 

I agree. It’s unacceptable now. The coaches should be able to instil better defensive organisation and match awareness in our players than we are seeing. 

We are so, so poor defensively and we could be far better than this.

I’m 40 next year.

That means I’ve spent four decades supporting:

A club in the 11th biggest city in the country with no bigger clubs within 100 miles.

A club with a 27,000 all seater stadium and a top class training facility.

A club capable of taking 45,000 supporters to watch a game two hours away against Walsall.

A club with a billionaire owner.

….and not ONCE in those FOUR DECADES have I EVER seen us in the top division.

I’ve never seen us win a play off final.

I’ve never seen us in a major cup final.

I’ve seen us in the second tier playoffs ONCE.

Conclusion: I genuinely think this makes City fans of my generation amongst the most long suffering in the country. Just perpetual underachievement and disappointment for my entire life. And I’m really starting to wonder if it’ll ever be worth it.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Flames 2
  • Robin 3

3 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

That sort of thinking is probably why you're sitting posting bollocks on an internet forum rather than relaxing in the channel islands as a billionaire tbh

Money aside, I probably give more of a damn about the club than the owner, who is more interested in an egg shape ball and is happy to watch us disappear into League One!

Funny how bringing in a problem solver has worked for many clubs, but it wouldn't be good enough for City, who continue with someone who has won less than 30% of the games he has been in charge of, and less than 25% of the home games he has been in charge of.  Yet a fan who is fed up, is the problem and not the bloke who couldn't manage for toffee!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Portland Bill said:

Lincoln will be absolutely fuming about going out of the cup at Chippenham, they will have been given an absolute roasting over the last 2-3 days by their coaching staff.

So if there was ever a time to put out a weak side, tonight clearly wasn’t it. 

But surely NP knows this and it was to be expected, personally think this represents where his priorities are and the cup isn't one of them when your getting dragged into a relegation battle.

• Like 2