IGNORED

Lincoln City at home Carabao Cup third-round match thread

Jerseybean

14 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I genuinely think we might be. And so much appetite here for a big, successful club. Nothing else for miles around. And it’s not a rugby city, it’s a football city. The attendances prove that.

I hate that I support us.

I guess, like, Dublin have quite a shit football team. 

I think we’re undoubtedly the most under-performing club in England/Scotland though. Comfortably. Can anyone name someone worse??

It really shows though just how threadbare our squad is and what constraints Pearson is working in.

As soon as we even pick a few players or change it up it goes to shit - it's all very well saying change it up (and broadly people seemed pretty happy when it was announced) but if this is what happens then what can he do?

Players like Low and Kadji are our backups at the moment in some positions.

• Like 7

Just now, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

So with one game before the World Cup - why didnt we play our best team , win the game ( which we almost certainly would) and then bring on our yoof once we were comfortable? Or questions like that.

Depends if some first teamers need a rest I suppose. 

Win on Saturday and this move looks genius. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

So with one game before the World Cup - why didnt we play our best team , win the game ( which we almost certainly would) and then bring on our yoof once we were comfortable? Or questions like that.

If he played Williams from the start and he got crocked everyone would be going "We've got a promising youngster in Kadji on the bench what the hell didn't he play him in a meaningless cup game? He's absolutely clueless this was the perfect chance to give the kids a run out and show what they're worth" etc.

• Like 3
  • Flames 4

4 minutes ago, westonred said:

We cant at the moment we have no money and have to play players that arn't good enough. We have to sell the crown jewels Conway Semenyo Scott in Jan that is the only way to raise money for some new signings

So your plan is sell all our best players on top of losing all the ones who aren't getting new contracts and will be released leaving us with a need to recruit 10+ players with only the money we bring in from selling our best assets.... sounds like a grand plan.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Even though I agree with you I would say it's because NP needs to see what else he has in the squad that is up to scratch. So many players may or may not be able to perform at this level and without giving them any meaningful game time he would never know.

1 minute ago, IAmNick said:

If he played Williams from the start and he got crocked everyone would be going "We've got a promising youngster in Kadji on the bench what the hell didn't he play him in a meaningless cup game? He's absolutely clueless this was the perfect chance to give the kids a run out and show what they're worth" etc.

Wouldn’t HNM have been a better option tonight?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Spike said:

So your plan is sell all our best players on top of losing all the ones who aren't getting new contracts and will be released leaving us with a need to recruit 10+ players with only the money we bring in from selling our best assets.... sounds like a grand plan.

It's not my plan but how are you going to raise funds for new players ? I'm affraid we are a selling club we have a history of selling our best players Brownhill Webster Reid Bryan in recent years

• Haha 1

As we’ve seen tonight, we have such a small pool of players that are actually up to playing in the Championship or at a decent standard. The fringe players like King, Klose, Martin aren’t good enough & Kadji, Bajic & Low all looked miles off it.

I know a lot want Pearson gone, but I don’t see anyone coming in & improving us with the current squad. 

Hopefully when we get the likes of Naismith & Kalas back, along with Wilson (who hasn’t looked great but will at least give Sykes some competition) we see a big improvement in our style of football and the results we get. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

Fair play to Rotherham, usually the whipping boys at this level but they look a decent outfit this season. Once again goes to show you don’t need to throw ££ to get a decent team at this level…!

Sshhh you can’t say that on here….its the uncomfortable truth that everyone probably knows…. Pearson has obviously got nowhere near the budget of previous managers but he has talented players who on their day are a match for any team in this league. We are terrible inconsistent and sadly do not look well coached.

• Like 3