IGNORED

Lincoln City at home Carabao Cup third-round match thread

Jerseybean

Pathetic. Gutless, spineless and talentless. 

I’m back in the country for a month after years stuck abroad and I’ve witnessed the dreadful performance against Millwall and now this. I feel so angry, let down and embarrassed. My last game before I go back abroad is on Saturday. I hope to see something resembling a game of football but I’m not holding my breath.

4 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

It really shows though just how threadbare our squad is and what constraints Pearson is working in.

As soon as we even pick a few players or change it up it goes to shit - it's all very well saying change it up (and broadly people seemed pretty happy when it was announced) but if this is what happens then what can he do?

Players like Low and Kadji are our backups at the moment in some positions.

Just posted pretty much this. I don’t think changing the manager will achieve much at all.

• Like 4

Just left the ground. An absolute mess of a performance. Team selection, tactics, style of play, attitude - all simply unacceptable. 

And with us heading for the bottom three by close of play Saturday, it is not an anomaly.

A lot of our fans are sleepwalking at the moment. I'm afraid Nigel and the players are underperforming badly and with a month break and January (where we are likely to lose personnel and players) on it's way, it's likely things are going to get worse before they get better. 

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Negan said:

This always makes me laugh. 

Jesus wept you can’t be this thick surely. Shouldn’t have to spoon feed you. I never said it’s ALL his fault but funny enough, being a MANAGER means you MANAGE the team. So when things don’t go right, yes the players take some responsibility but so does the MANAGER. 

Wow. 

3 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

If he played Williams from the start and he got crocked everyone would be going "We've got a promising youngster in Kadji on the bench what the hell didn't he play him in a meaningless cup game? He's absolutely clueless this was the perfect chance to give the kids a run out and show what they're worth" etc.

I think that Williams gets crocked so often that , in reality, no one would be surprised. 

However. when we lose at home 3-1 to Lincoln bloody City having always looked like the poorer side then everyone is going to have an opinion. Mine being right, of course.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

It really shows though just how threadbare our squad is and what constraints Pearson is working in.

As soon as we even pick a few players or change it up it goes to shit - it's all very well saying change it up (and broadly people seemed pretty happy when it was announced) but if this is what happens then what can he do?

Players like Low and Kadji are our backups at the moment in some positions.

Poor team selection

Poor result

At least 7 of the starting line up are L1 standard.

Why are we so surprised.

Bad management today.

He got it wrong and we have paid the price.

Chis Martin & Andy King in any starting line up is just asking for trouble

We have a poor squad we know but then why leave players on the bench for a game we wanted win.

Most players have a month off after Saturday so why rest them.

We look like a bit of a joke tonight.

Gutted really and just so sad we are in this position.

Just now, W-S-M Seagull said:

I just don't even know what the solution is. 

Well it’s hard to believe that carrying on the way we are is the answer.

Pearson is simply not delivering and don’t give me all this ‘no money to spend’ stuff.  He knew he had to generate money to be able to spend, and he didn’t do so.  A lot of managers are in that position.  Just what has he achieved since being here?  I would have loved to see him succeed, but enough is enough.  We are on a downward trajectory that has to be reversed, or we are in League One playing the Gas.

• Like 2