IGNORED

"Nige Should Walk"

He won’t walk but it wouldn’t be the worst idea for us to part ways with him after the Watford game if we lose badly. Only if we could bring someone in quickly, that way the new manager will have a kind of “pre season” during the tournament to sort things out. 

• Like 5

Just now, Negan said:

He won’t walk but it wouldn’t be the worst idea for us to part ways with him after the Watford game if we lose badly. Only if we could bring someone in quickly, that way the new manager will have a kind of “pre season” during the tournament to sort things out. 

Gary O’Neill isn’t getting the Bournemouth job… we could get him in quickly i’m sure.  

• Haha 7
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

I wasn’t there tonight so can only base my comments on what I’ve read on here, the Sky coverage, the BBC stats and the final score.

To concede three at home is hugely concerning/embarrassing. We knew before tonight that we lacked strength in depth, this performance/result has certainly confirmed that.

The blame-game has been in full-swing tonight, for me everybody involved with the Club has to share responsibility for a night like this and the overall situation BCFC are in. That certainly includes SL, NP and the players. In professional football, however, the buck inevitably stops with the manager and NP will no doubt say something post-match along the lines of ‘it’s my team and so I take responsibility for tonight.’

For the record I have been and remain pro NP and really hope that the Club don’t react by sacking him and that he doesn’t himself decide to go. I really don’t see that under all the circumstances a change of manager is the answer. As noted above the problems are much deeper than just replacing the manager. 

• Like 11
  • Robin 1

1 minute ago, Jerseybean said:

I wasn’t there tonight so can only base my comments on what I’ve read on here, the Sky coverage, the BBC stats and the final score.

To concede three at home is hugely concerning/embarrassing. We knew before tonight that we lacked strength in depth, this performance/result has certainly confirmed that.

The blame-game has been in full-swing tonight, for me everybody involved with the Club has to share responsibility for a night like this and the overall situation BCFC are in. That certainly includes SL, NP and the players. In professional football, however, the buck inevitably stops with the manager and NP will no doubt say something post-match along the lines of ‘it’s my team and so I take responsibility for tonight.’

For the record I have been and remain pro NP and really hope that the Club don’t react by sacking him and that he doesn’t himself decide to go. I really don’t see that under all the circumstances a change of manager is the answer. As noted above the problems are much deeper than just replacing the manager. 

Absolutely spot on 

9 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

The club/nige clearly don’t care about this cup with this lineup. I can’t understand why anyone would be with our injuries in the squad. More than happy to be out and just focussing on keeping players fit for the league. We have enough games as it is.

We have been talking about money received for Jojo Wollacott possibly going to the world cup because of finances. Surely going through with prize money and the chance of tv money in the next round we should have tried. We have a month off after saturday for recovery so I don’t get it personally. 

But all that aside we saw a L1 side come here and press us high for the first 15-20 minutes and then see it out in a more organised fashion than I have seen from us in a long time. Tactically we are behind every match day. 

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Show Me The Money! said:

Sadly the problems are far deeper than just replacing the manager

I'm seriously not fishing here but what are the deep issues?

I appreciate that we aren't in a great place financially, but the same can be said for more than 80% of clubs in the football league.

Fortunately we have a chairman that has built an incredible infrastructure and continues to bail us out every season.

Mark Ashton has left and we appointed Pearson nearly 2 years ago and yet we have seen zero improvement. 

Defensively we are embarrassing and apart from a few promising performances early on this season, we have generally been very poor.

I'm honestly not sure what the answer is, but Nige has to shoulder most of the blame and even his most ardent followers must see that?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

It's the Mickey Mouse cup with a second string team, who cares, the league is what we need to worry about and I think we are doing about as good as we can in the league with the tools we have.

Posts like this do my head in. 

• Like 8
  • Robin 1

3 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

And here we go . No concept on where we are . I’ve already seen  someone say get dyche in ? . O’Neil would leave Bournemouth to come to us would he ? 

Because he’s not going to get the job there and likely to be unemployed. Unlike Dyche he needs to build a reputation and is an up and coming coach.
He’s a completely realistic target for a championship club with any desire to stay where they are. 

2 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

We have been talking about money received for Jojo Wollacott possibly going to the world cup because of finances. Surely going through with prize money and the chance of tv money in the next round we should have tried. We have a month off after saturday for recovery so I don’t get it personally. 

But all that aside we saw a L1 side come here and press us high for the first 15-20 minutes and then see it out in a more organised fashion than I have seen from us in a long time. Tactically we are behind every match day. 

Spot on

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Edgy Red said:

I'm seriously not fishing here but what are the deep issues?

I appreciate that we aren't in a great place financially, but the same can be said for more than 80% of clubs in the football league.

Fortunately we have a chairman that has built an incredible infrastructure and continues to bail us out every season.

Mark Ashton has left and we appointed Pearson nearly 2 years ago and yet we have seen zero improvement. 

Defensively we are embarrassing and apart from a few promising performances early on this season, we have generally been very poor.

I'm honestly not sure what the answer is, but Nige has to shoulder most of the blame and even his most ardent followers must see that?

We’re still clearing up the mess from Ashtons tenure .