IGNORED

"Nige Should Walk"

39 minutes ago, gl2 said:

You dont know me ffs been a City fan since 1966; been to most away grounds and used to go to all homes games; "revel in us struggling" you really have no clue I LOVE MY CLUB and always will; but I am sorry for having an opinion on the current situation........my bad I must be more positive, I must be more positive, I must be more positive.....nah stuff it say what I think

I said that is what it reads like.

I wasn’t questioning you support, merely stating how it comes across.

14 minutes ago, Sturny said:

Gotta be quite depressing to believe that Nige is getting the best performances out of the majority of these players and there's no other that could do better within our range. 

So are City truly powerless to correct our current pickle? Let's say we get relegated, do we still standby Nige? How bad does it have to get 

Imho, if he has to continually pick from what he currently has, I’d say there are some mitigating circumstances.  If he gets Naismith and Kalas back, and has the decent core to pick from most weeks, and we don’t pull away, then I’d say he deserves to go.

When we put out a decent line-up, we can compete most games, that has been shown / proved.  That will be enough.

But when we have injuries / illness to too many of the good / better players we are a shadow of the side that can compete.

I hope we use the WC break wells because it’s offered us a chance to get players ready to go again.  I know it sounds cliched.

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Imho, if he has to continually pick from what he currently has, I’d say there are some mitigating circumstances.  If he gets Naismith and Kalas back, and has the decent core to pick from most weeks, and we don’t pull away, then I’d say he deserves to go.

When we put out a decent line-up, we can compete most games, that has been shown / proved.  That will be enough.

But when we have injuries / illness to too many of the good / better players we are a shadow of the side that can compete.

I hope we use the WC break wells because it’s offered us a chance to get players ready to go again.  I know it sounds cliched.

Agree with this. Struggle with the view “he’s got a squad that should be further up the league”, seems pretty clear that’s not the case. However we have got a first XI that are good enough to be further up the league. Therefore a) can we improve availability of the first XI (possible, but optimistic to think we’ll be injury free for months) and b) can we improve the quality of the squad so that when (say) Scott or Conway aren’t available, the drop off is minimised? Some of this needs money we haven’t got currently and then good man management to keep decent quality reserves happy. January conundrum might be: Scott out for a monster fee, enabling improvements to the ‘next best’ contingent - but is that net better given the loss of Scott from the first XI? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Reading this makes me wonder about who are the real leaders amongst the players?   Our captain is on the bench.   Weimann can lead by example in terms of passion but he's been out of sorts lately.    James is a calming influence and we fall apart without him but not exactly a "lead them over the trenches" type leader.   Naismith is a strong presence but is too wayward.    Conway has the qualities but is inexperienced.       And so on ...

I think lack of leaders the pitch is our downfall

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Listening to the weekly pre match press conference it would seem he knows he isn’t going anywhere, but need a result 

I thought he showed a little bit of feeling the pressure on our results. He is doing what was asked to cut costs etc very well but it seemed to me that although he knows he has done a decent job on all the past club issues and what was asked of him  its time the results turned and I thought he came across like he knows It.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, gl2 said:

So summing up then;

Win lose or draw Sat NP wont walk away; SL isnt going to twist until NP reaches 1/10 wins as he did with lj and may not even then (currently 1/7 at home 2/13 all); it will take a prolonged stay in bottom 3 for most to worry; we need the upcoming WC break (as do the other teams) the next transfer window could improve us (and others) We are 20th in this div and possibly 1 more defeat from a relegation place, WBA currently in the last relegation place have a game in hand and are 3pts behind.

Our current form is down to injuries/illness/poor refs/fine lines/bad luck and what ifs and not NP team/player selections.

OK thats cool hope you all have an exciting WC and break be in touch again when we are in the Zone.

It's a totally different situation. You can't quantify it in the same terms re winning or losing runs etc.

There is an argument that says if Johnson was sacked after one win in ten, notwithstanding that he survived at least two atrocious runs prior to that, then Pearson should be nowhere near the sack yet.

You can't compare Johnson or Johnson's situation to either Pearson or Pearson's situation.

The two situations are chalk and cheese. As, for that matter, are the people.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Highly recommend his pre match presser. Articulated everything absolutely perfect. Encourage anyone to watch and think someone else could operate under the same issues and do much better, given the level of individual errors that have been what’s cost us

I pretty much always enjoy his press conferences.

But dependent on your opinion you may not see it that way and hear excuses. Each to their own I guess.

I find his comments balanced and fair in the main, and I sometimes wonder what some are expecting him to say any differently.

I liked a lot LJ’s pre-match press interviews too, didn’t enjoy his post-match ones as much.  LJ’s pre-match ones were a bit more technical, Nige’s are more management based…no real surprises there.

• Like 1