IGNORED

You learn more after a defeat..

GrahamC

That was truly woeful.

First half I thought only Weimann played well, Martin (sorry everyone) & Atkinson were ok, but on that evidence Bajic, Low & Kadji are a million miles away from being ready & King looks finished.

Second half we started well but uncertain goalkeeping gifted them a third & it was never going to be anything other than a Lincoln win after that.

Scott & Conway hugely improved us, O’Leary, Pring & James all benefitted by not being involved but there are some real problems.

Semenyo’s completely lost form, Klose seems to have become a bit of a scapegoat (why King stayed on in preference I have no idea) & Martin is out on his feet by the hour mark. Sykes & Dasilva did little to suggest they should start.

My marks were;

Bajic 4 Low 2 Klose 5 Atkinson 6 Sykes 4 King 4 Kadji 4 Dasilva 4 Martin 5 Weimann 7. Semenyo 3.

Subs Scott 7, Conway 7, Vyner 6, Williams 5, Wells n/m.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Can’t argue with much of that.  Joe Williams is a shadow of the player I saw at Wigan.  Must be injuries as firstly he does not move like a 26 year old but also his passes is so sloppy at times. 

Low and Kadji certainly not ready. Bajic should have done better on the first goal, stuck on his line.  King was a passenger. Klose looked every second his 34 years.  Semenyo looked 19 again, incredibly immature performance.  Conway and Scott the only players with any class

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Absolutely and what scares me more is we got 1 point out of 6 against Swansea and Sheff Utd at home, games where we outperformed our opposition.

You can outperform Sheff United all you want possession wise but let’s not forget their keeper hasn’t had a save to make. Does a team deserve to win a game if the opposing keeper is a spectator ?

• Like 1

I could not really see what happened on the third. Thought Bajic was ok considering his debut and first game in England. 

Low was bad. Felt like wide of a 3 wasn’t for him. Not an excuse but didn’t help imo. Wouldn’t say Klose was great either. Seems we sucked the last bit of good play from him and Martin last season. Atkinson was fine. 

Said in another thread Martin, King and Klose down the spine of your team is asking to be overrun. You can’t pinpoint mistakes from them probably but imo the lack of legs takes it toll. 

Semenyo I am convinced he is saving himself for the world cup. Not an excuse but I get it. Think he’ll hit form after looking for his move away. Selfish but he has barely earned anything so far in career money wise. 

Sykes and Dasilva are too slow and weak to play wingback imo. You need pace and power at a minimum. If you can’t get past your man you aren’t going to help the attack which is fatal as it is your only width in this formation.

Weimann I thought played better at wingback but his touch is poor at times costing us good attacks. He also does not have the patience to stay back post. We often could have maybe recycled from a cross but he had made a run in front of one of our strikers and it had gone over both their heads for a goal kick. 

Subs changed the game especially Conway and Scott. Wells come on far too late. Williams didn’t add anything for me. Vyner was fine. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Scores for Semenyo, Dasilva and Low.........too high?   At least Low now knows how big the step up from U21's to the first team is?  Just hope  it does not ruin his confidence?

I feel sorry for Low , he wasn't ready and honestly think it would have been better for him to be took off after 10mins than have to take the boos for the whole first half, 

Really what were people thinking booing a young kid like that , you could see he knew how badly it was going,

Edited by winsaw
  • Like 2

I think the only ones (other than those who didn’t play) that come out with credit are Conway (MoM by far for us), Scott (at least prompting and a few very good balls), Wells (who gave the focal point Martin didn’t within minutes) and Weimann (who ran himself into the ground). I also think Vyner was fine.

If I look at that starting eleven

- Low, Kadji and Bajic don’t look ready. However they may be ready if the players around then help them better (see next point)

- Agree King is finished. Martin is finished as well - he was knackered after sixty but moves like he’s running in treacle before. As for Klose - I think he was poor and didn’t help Bajic and Low (ditto King with Kadji)

- Sykes, as I’ve said - I don’t know what he’s for. He played ok defensively early in the season at RWB but offers nothing going forward to pick over a natural player in that position like Tanner or Wilson

- JD - Was ok defensively but poor going forward - much like Sykes.

- Semenyo. I left on 86 minutes. One because I’m in the Dolman, and two because he rank gave up on a ball he could reach. And he’s doing that too often. Whether it’s not wanting to be injured I don’t know but he’s a shadow of last season.

Taking learning in a defeat and putting that into how we play on Saturday, assuming Tanner isn’t banned, tonight says to me we have to play 

O’Leary

Tanner-Vyner-Klose(replace with KN or TK if fit)-Atkinson-Pring

Scott-James 

Weimann

Wells-Conway

• Like 7
  • Flames 2

2 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I could not really see what happened on the third. Thought Bajic was ok considering his debut and first game in England. 

Low was bad. Felt like wide of a 3 wasn’t for him. Not an excuse but didn’t help imo. Wouldn’t say Klose was great either. Seems we sucked the last bit of good play from him and Martin last season. Atkinson was fine. 

Said in another thread Martin, King and Klose down the spine of your team is asking to be overrun. You can’t pinpoint mistakes from them probably but imo the lack of legs takes it toll. 

Semenyo I am convinced he is saving himself for the world cup. Not an excuse but I get it. Think he’ll hit form after looking for his move away. Selfish but he has barely earned anything so far in career money wise. 

Sykes and Dasilva are too slow and weak to play wingback imo. You need pace and power at a minimum. If you can’t get past your man you aren’t going to help the attack which is fatal as it is your only width in this formation.

Weimann I thought played better at wingback but his touch is poor at times costing us good attacks. He also does not have the patience to stay back post. We often could have maybe recycled from a cross but he had made a run in front of one of our strikers and it had gone over both their heads for a goal kick. 

Subs changed the game especially Conway and Scott. Wells come on far too late. Williams didn’t add anything for me. Vyner was fine. 

Bajic made one save all night, was indecisive on both the second (Low’s nightmare) & the third.

I appreciate it was his debut but he did nothing to suggest he should even be on the bench, let alone start.

• Like 2

Just now, winsaw said:

I feel sorry for Low , he wasn't ready and honestly think it would have been better for him to be took off after 10mins than have to take the boos for the whole first half, 

Really what were people thinks booing a young kid like that , you could see he knew how badly it was going,

Your right........but it was Pearson who threw him to the sad wolves?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, winsaw said:

Really what were people thinking booing a young kid like that , you could see he knew how badly it was going,

Not sure what you are on about. I literally heard no booing of him. I heard a boo of one of his passes but that didn’t seem personal 

I don’t think Sykes gave Low much defensive cover in the 1st half and was exposed pace wise before their 2nd goal which was a confidence destroyer for the lad.

Agree on Martin in first half and thought AW looked much sharper.

Bajic doesn’t strike me as someone who has the build/physique for the championship. Early days for him

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I think the only ones (other than those who didn’t play) that come out with credit are Conway (MoM by far for us), Scott (at least prompting and a few very good balls), Wells (who gave the focal point Martin didn’t within minutes) and Weimann (who ran himself into the ground). I also think Vyner was fine.

- Low, Kadji and Bajic don’t look ready. However they may be ready if the players around then help them better (see next point)

- Agree King is finished. Martin is finished as well - he was knackered after sixty but moves like he’s running in treacle before. As for Klose - I think he was poor and didn’t help Bajic and Low (ditto King with Kadji)

- Sykes, as I’ve said - I don’t know what he’s for. He played ok defensively early in the season at RWB but offers nothing going forward to pick over a natural player in that position like Tanner or Wilson

- Semenyo. I left on 86 minutes. One because I’m in the Dolman, and two because he rank gave up on a ball he could reach. And he’s doing that too often. Whether it’s not wanting to be injured I don’t know but he’s a shadow of last season.

Taking learning in a defeat and putting that into how we play on Saturday, assuming Tanner isn’t banned, tonight says to me we have to play 

O’Leary

Scott-James 

Weimann

Wells-Conway

Tanner is still banned, last game of 3.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

O’Leary

Scott-James 

Weimann

Wells-Conway

Tanner is banned but otherwise agree with all of that, Sykes might get in by default with him suspended & Wilson injured.

Semenyo was shocking, people say Weimann’s touch is so so but he never gives up on a ball until it has gone out of play.

A short summary we were utter crap. 

A longer summary awful first half that we didn’t compete in. 

Semenyo is on the plane to Qatar and Klose was as awful as the 19year old who played along side him Kadji was beyond anonymous and Williams was utter utter useless  Senior pros not turning up to help out debuts/almost debuts. Beyond gutless!

Edited by REDOXO
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Can’t argue with much of that.  Joe Williams is a shadow of the player I saw at Wigan.  Must be injuries as firstly he does not move like a 26 year old but also his passes is so sloppy at times. 

Low and Kadji certainly not ready. Bajic should have done better on the first goal, stuck on his line.  King was a passenger. Klose looked every second his 34 years.  Semenyo looked 19 again, incredibly immature performance.  Conway and Scott the only players with any class

Williams is class on his day, Cardiff this year for example 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

That was truly woeful.

First half I thought only Weimann played well, Martin (sorry everyone) & Atkinson were ok, but on that evidence Bajic, Low & Kadji are a million miles away from being ready & King looks finished.

Second half we started well but uncertain goalkeeping gifted them a third & it was never going to be anything other than a Lincoln win after that.

Scott & Conway hugely improved us, O’Leary, Pring & James all benefitted by not being involved but there are some real problems.

Semenyo’s completely lost form, Klose seems to have become a bit of a scapegoat (why King stayed on in preference I have no idea) & Martin is out on his feet by the hour mark. Sykes & Dasilva did little to suggest they should start.

My marks were;

Bajic 4 Low 2 Klose 5 Atkinson 6 Sykes 4 King 4 Kadji 4 Dasilva 4 Martin 5 Weimann 7. Semenyo 3.

Subs Scott 7, Conway 7, Vyner 6, Williams 5, Wells n/m.

It certainly seems Semenyo has his mind on the World Cup 

4 minutes ago, Beni71 said:

Bajic doesn’t strike me as someone who has the build/physique for the championship. Early days for him

This I couldn't believe how small he was, he's never going to be able to dominate his box, I hope he turns out to be a good shot stopper,

• Like 1

Bajic 4 - didn’t look comfortable and beaten at near post on a shot a half decent keeper should save.

Low 2 - Miles off it. The booing of him unacceptable though.

Klose 4 - maybe better off with Pring at CB!

Atkinson 6 - not bad

Sykes 4 - can’t cross at all. No end product and offered no support defensively.

JD 4 - really disappointing display

King 5 - didn’t offer a lot

Kadji 4 - not up to it sadly

Weimann 6 - see Atkinson.

Semenyo 3 - not even trying 

Martin 3 - Finished at this level

Thought Conway and Scott did well after coming on - contenders for motm! Williams needs to stop shooting (he can’t). Vyner did ok. Wells not on too long. 

• Like 1

Just now, Taylor10 said:

Cardiff being a very rare example. Doesn’t look up to it at all.

Cant disagree, just think the persistent injuries dosent exactly boost his morale, even if he has played a lot this year, the blokes made of styrofoam 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Not sure what you are on about. I literally heard no booing of him. I heard a boo of one of his passes but that didn’t seem personal 

He was booed when he want over to pick the ball up from the side line it was proper cringe, at least some clapped him, more than once his passed were booed as well, welcome to men's football :laugh:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Bajic made one save all night, was indecisive on both the second (Low’s nightmare) & the third.

I appreciate it was his debut but he did nothing to suggest he should even be on the bench, let alone start.

Possibly but if the club is going to actually persist with academy players and young players, we need to persist with them. I don’t think we should really be judging him based off of tonight with what was in front of him. 

Perhaps a bit hesitant on the second but probably spoiled with Bentley on that. Bentley top level in those 1v1 situations. Think less hesitant comes with more time and familiarity. Bentley probably leaving in the summer(perhaps January?) it is probably time to keep Bajic on the bench behind Max. If he gets a stretch of 8-10 games I think then would be more fair to judge him. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Bajic 4 - didn’t look comfortable and beaten at near post on a shot a half decent keeper should save.

Low 2 - Miles off it. The booing of him unacceptable though.

Klose 4 - maybe better off with Pring at CB!

Atkinson 6 - not bad

Sykes 4 - can’t cross at all. No end product and offered no support defensively.

JD 4 - really disappointing display

King 5 - didn’t offer a lot

Kadji 4 - not up to it sadly

Weimann 6 - see Atkinson.

Semenyo 3 - not even trying 

Martin 3 - Finished at this level

Thought Conway and Scott did well after coming on - contenders for motm! Williams needs to stop shooting (he can’t). Vyner did ok. Wells not on too long. 

About sums it up.

Felt very sorry for the lad Low, and hope he can recover. 

12 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Sat 3 seats from the singing section and a large portion booed him while he retrieved the ball for a throw in. It happened 100%. It wasn’t long a drawn out or anything so perhaps you were focused on something else and didn’t register it.