IGNORED

You learn more after a defeat..

GrahamC

Just when we thought it couldn’t get any worse along comes tonight.  We are in a rut and badly needed a lift with a win, so Nige makes 8 changes!  Players as you say @GrahamCstock has risen are those who didn’t play.  Comes to something that we need a 19 & 20 year old to drive us forward.  If I was Martin, Klose, Sykes, JD, King, Atkinson, Semenyo watching their effort and desire to get on the ball I would be ashamed tonight as most earning a significant amount more than them but no heart & hiding when we needed them.

Never a good time straight after a game to comment but I’m fuming with what I’ve seen tonight & tried to stay patient as lots of posters I respect are so pro Pearson but time for a change as going backwards.  Football is a results business and and 29% win ratio is appalling.  I appreciate that he’s had a tough hand but are we really as bad as what I’ve witnessed in person as tonight , Reading and Birmingham all within a 4 week period. 

We won’t make change as can’t afford it but Neil Critchley would be my choice before anyone asks for an option. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

What I learnt is I have no idea why we chose Sykes over many many other League One players who can run a bit and also have zero quality in the final third

I know many rate him and Gary Owers speaks well of him but the last four or five games I have seen at home he has been pretty woeful. 

18 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

It certainly seems Semenyo has his mind on the World Cup 

On that evidence he better hope they aren’t watching him then because based on form he shouldn’t get picked for it.

He pulled out of several challenges too, poor.

48 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Can’t argue with much of that.  Joe Williams is a shadow of the player I saw at Wigan.  Must be injuries as firstly he does not move like a 26 year old but also his passes is so sloppy at times. 

Low and Kadji certainly not ready. Bajic should have done better on the first goal, stuck on his line.  King was a passenger. Klose looked every second his 34 years.  Semenyo looked 19 again, incredibly immature performance.  Conway and Scott the only players with any class

Conway and Scott our best performers tonight.

Real shame about Joe Williams but haven’t seen anything this season to suggest that he’s the box to box midfielder we signed.  I believe he has another year on his contract after this season.

What have I learned tonight?

In Saturday Nige is picking:

O’Leary (no slight on Bajic) just that he’s our no1

Vyner and Pring (and Atkinson if fit)

James, Williams, Scott and Weimann which means one of them will have to play at RWB (sorry)

Conway and Wells

Thats pretty damming isn’t it.

Sykes and Dasilva may get a reprieve through lack of numbers.  Klose is a good pro, but seems to struggling with his movement, but maybe needed too.

Eff me!!! ??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Absolutely and what scares me more is we got 1 point out of 6 against Swansea and Sheff Utd at home, games where we outperformed our opposition.

Well I'd argue Swansea had some positive chances 2nd half but we should have got 4 IMO. 3 v Sheffield United, probably a point fair v Swansea.

2 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Sat 3 seats from the singing section and a large portion booed him while he retrieved the ball for a throw in. It happened 100%. It wasn’t long a drawn out or anything so perhaps you were focused on something else and didn’t register it. 

Yep, this happened and was very noticeable when Joe went to collect the ball for a throw in. He looked devastated enough without some of our fans turning it into a walk of shame. 

Edited by An Outstanding Human
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, GrahamC said:

On that evidence he better hope they aren’t watching him then because based on form he shouldn’t get picked for it.

He pulled out of several challenges too, poor.

That’s evidence right there then if he pulled out of challenges. Not a popular opinion but I sort of understand it, trying to put myself in his shoes. Might his only chance of a World Cup so I get it . But also we’re paying his wages, bound to be on his mind though 

A few points from me. I totally agree our younger players looked nowhere near ready, but they were certainly let down by their more experienced team mates, Klosse, King etc. 

If the plan is to sell Bentley in Jan (difficult when he is OOC in the summer) and have Max as number 1 then Bajic is no where near a no2 yet.That plan has imploded.

I think Nigel put out that team to show how barebones we really are, a bit like Cotts not naming a full subs bench.

And finally, I don't think this has been mentioned yet but the club potentially has lost a huge amount of income by not progressing. Richard Gould won't be here much longer, and maybe now Pearson won't be either. Richard will want to hand the club over in a better financial shape, but if Nigel won't get any of the money to spend is he really hugely bothered?

• Like 1

It’s not being wise after the event as I said it at 6:45 yesterday, but what with the nonsense of the mid season World Cup I have absolutely no idea why he made eight changes last night. Also if Alex Scott is on the bench he should have been coming on after twenty minutes. Leaving it until three nil down was completely and utterly pointless.

The two young lads that played last night are clearly miles away, but I can live with that. What is more difficult to swallow though is just how pitiful some our senior players are. Sykes, DaSilva, King, Williams, Martin. Dreadful. Absolutely dreadful. We attempt to play 352 with the most useless pair of wingbacks you will ever see.

To be honest it’s pretty embarrassing the extent that Scott and Conway were ahead of the rest.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

Injuries and suspension mean we have little option for Saturdays starting line up.
Unless there is a fitness surprise with Naismith or Kalas, we have 3 fit (ish) Cb's plus Pring. 
We have 2 fit LB?LWBs
No fit RB/RWBs plus Sykes & Scott . Weimann can't play there IMO.
There are a few options in MF, but James will start, so +1
Wells and Conway must start.

However bad Williams was last night, I think Scott to WB, James & Williams in MF with Weimann keeping the 10 role.

The question is over the balance in the back 3. Vyner looked decent in that central role, but balance makes it look like he moves right & Atkinson steps in centrally. 

Whatever the lineup, another loss and there will be a lot of pressure on Pearson. 
Personally , I could see Nige moving upstairs to an organisational role. It could be time for a fresh voice as things aren't changing. He has done a big important job so far, but that soft underbelly looks as bad now as ever. That said, with no money and little likelihood of any coming in any time soon, it will be someone who can motivate and organise that is needed to get the best out of what we have. 

We've just discovered the one reason to look forward to the World Cup, a rest from City and win percentage discussions .

1 hour ago, bearded_red said:

It’s not being wise after the event as I said it at 6:45 yesterday, but what with the nonsense of the mid season World Cup I have absolutely no idea why he made eight changes last night. Also if Alex Scott is on the bench he should have been coming on after twenty minutes. Leaving it until three nil down was completely and utterly pointless.

The two young lads that played last night are clearly miles away, but I can live with that. What is more difficult to swallow though is just how pitiful some our senior players are. Sykes, DaSilva, King, Williams, Martin. Dreadful. Absolutely dreadful. We attempt to play 352 with the most useless pair of wingbacks you will ever see.

To be honest it’s pretty embarrassing the extent that Scott and Conway were ahead of the rest.

Yeah it doesn't really make any sense, does it

Edited by AshtonGreat