IGNORED

What's the point?

Curr Avon

1 hour ago, Wellspokenman said:

Good evening chaps, my word don’t emotions run high this evening…

A little bit of perspective one thinks…

If, and it is a big if, Nigel were to leave, do you really think things would improve ? Really ?

Better the devil you know at this point in time. We have a reasonable first 11, and a poor subs bench. Not Nigel’s fault, not in the least. The blame goes far higher up the management scale I’m afraid.

After 12 games the situation may look terrible, but I believe in Mr P. If anyone can, he can…well let’s hope so anyway ?

image.png

this table should be a wake up call for all including SL time to roll the tombola Steve you must get lucky soon; doing nothing could well prove even more expensive. and while what ifs are around what if they across town do indeed swap places with us ffs Angry No Way GIF by Arrow Video

1 hour ago, Hazelboy said:

No, not at all. I just think, similar to Tanner last season, that as he’s out of the team people are thinking he’s way better than he is. People were begging for him to be dropped before he was injured because of his persistent errors, now these same people are acting as though he’s Rio Ferdinand!

Thats not to say he’s not been missed, in my opinion he has, but the defence was still shit with him in it! 

Ta, got you ??

1 hour ago, Chivs said:

Where has this myth that Naismith gave us an "extra attacking threat" come from?

He doesn't come forward like Atkinson and his long passing is just average. He can pass short (though tends to prefer a Cruyff turn on the edge of the penalty box giving away goals) just like Klose....

Quite simple, he enables our midfielders to place facing forward, or at least on the half turn, by being able to pass through the opposition press / block.  Without him we have to play square and around the outside….and as our WBs can’t cross, it all becomes a problem.  That’s the basic answer anyway.

• Like 5

On 09/11/2022 at 15:31, Chivs said:

Where has this myth that Naismith gave us an "extra attacking threat" come from?

He doesn't come forward like Atkinson and his long passing is just average. He can pass short (though tends to prefer a Cruyff turn on the edge of the penalty box giving away goals) just like Klose....

I think he's got a good delivery on set pieces but I agree he's too blase at times in possession 

I suppose the point is we want to see obvious progress on the pitch. Yes, we have all the infrastructure, the coaching team, recruitment network etc etc but a modicum of consistency in our results wouldn’t go amiss? 

It’s not that we lost to Lincoln in isolation. It’s that we can’t string together a run of form to inspire any great confidence in the team.

Ashton Gate, whilst historically always on the quieter side, really is like a library these days and for me that comes down to the total apathy with which fans regard this squad.

Since we are financially hamstrung and unable to recruit big in January, it then becomes a discussion around whether another manager/head coach could extract more from these players on the pitch - and for me, I now sadly believe that someone else could get better performances out of the team than NP and his team are.