IGNORED

Tinnion Technical Director

1960maaan

• The title was changed to Tinnion Technical Director
8 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Happy for him, the academy work speaks for itself. Not sure if Tinns has experience in the transfer market but he’s clearly got the eye. 

Not massively improved my mood following last night mind, I’m nervy for Saturday. 

Hopefully learned a lot since he was manager as his signings then weren't great.

• Hmmm 1

45 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Doubt they'd be doing this if the manager was off. Which he's not.  

I think its more to do with Gould leaving in Jan. Tins now does recruitment and the new person, or person within, will do purely finance

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I think it`s more the first step in a post Richard Gould structure. Richly deserved though whatever has prompted it.

Sorry, I didn't read your post before saying almost exactly the same seconds ago ?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I think it`s more the first step in a post Richard Gould structure. Richly deserved though whatever has prompted it.

Certainly looks like a part of that.

33 minutes ago, chinapig said:

No, Tins is not Director of Football as his job description shows. He doesn't have day to day control of all football activities - unlike Ashton did.

Quite. He's also not being appointed to the formal board of "Directors", or at least there is no mention of that. 

This looks like a step to formalise a holistic recruitment policy across all age groups and genders.

Congratulations Brian.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

Good move IMO, not sure how , or if it effects anything short term. There seems to be a good working relationship between Tins & Pearson.

244857139_Screenshot2022-11-09at17_06_39.png.b1d44deb9f2c679fa5fbba2316a3cf89.png

Fantastic. This guy lives and breathes Bristol City and we’re blessed to have him.

Plus his oohs and aaahs on Robins TV are legendary.

Thanks for your brilliant work Sir Brian.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

They weren't but I dread to think what our recruitment "department" consisted of back then. 

Who did he sign, i really can't remember now?

Other than Bradley Orr who was f×××ing awesome ? 

Did he sign Dave Cotrill too or was he out of the academy?

1 hour ago, Shuffle said:

Fantastic appointment and hope he can be as successful with first team recruitment as he has with academy.  @Davefevs@Harry as an aside how’s the relationship going with player recommendations? Is it any open door? Any information on progress appreciated

Yep, still going well at the moment. We’re still getting a few emails into the group with players recommendations, which we’re monitoring. 
Was due to meet with Gould again recently but his cricket news scuppered that one as he’s been a bit busy, but we’ll wait to hear from him again and see how Tins’ appointment factors into what we’re doing. 

• Like 8

Be interesting to see how this fits in with the new structure once Richard Gould leaves.

The recruitment side always looked to be underpowered to me, Tinnion with overall responsibility for this will hopefully lead to a bit more focus in that area.

• Like 1

Tins won’t be the money guy in terms of negotiating fees and contracts during player recruitment.

my interpretation is that as ‘technical director’ he will head up the recruitment team and academy in regards to developing players and identifying targets whether that is senior or youth players, or promoting age group players into the first team.

We will still need to replace Richard Gould with another CEO/ money guy and I don’t think this effects Pearson in any way - it would be the same regardless of who the manager or head coach is. 

• Like 3