IGNORED

Rugby League World Cup

BigTone

Not much on the forum regarding this but a good SF yesterday with Australia coming out victorious over the Kiwis 16-14.

Today England take on Samoa in the 2nd semi and although I think England will win it will be a tough game.  Hopefully Samoa are still feeling the effects of their bruising QF win over Tonga. We live in hope.

Expect an Australia vs England final which will be very close to call.

Come on England !!

32 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Samoa are going to win this. They are playing brilliantly so far. 20-12 up now.

What a game. 26 all after 80 mins. No wonder I drink.

Golden point now wins it. No wonder I love this game.

Edited by BigTone

58 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

The NRL league comes out as the big winners. It’s proved ( if it actually needed proving) that it’s a class above the Super League. Samoa have 8 Penrith Panthers players, the NRL winners.

Indeed it does. Wouldn't rule out Samoa winning the final. Going to be a good game I think.

8 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Tend to agree but have a few Aussie mates who are piddling their pants. Going to be closer than we think.

Most Pacific Islanders have turned out for NZ in the past which is why they have always been so strong. Now being said that they are now being more loyal to their traditional heritage hence why the islands are now much stronger. Fair play to them.

Even Lebanon have a competitive team because most play in the NRL. For those unsure there is a very large Lebanese community in Oz especially Sydney. The after game interviews they all have Aussie accents. 

Edited by BigTone

3 hours ago, BigTone said:

Most Pacific Islanders have turned out for NZ in the past which is why they have always been so strong. Now being said that they are now being more loyal to their traditional heritage hence why the islands are now much stronger. Fair play to them.

Even Lebanon have a competitive team because most play in the NRL. For those unsure there is a very large Lebanese community in Oz especially Sydney. The after game interviews they all have Aussie accents. 

A lot of the Samoan squad will have  been born and bred in NZ, Auckland alone has about the same amount of Samoan’s as the actual country of Samoa has!. 

For instance, in the last Rugby Union WC, 18 players in the Samoan squad were born in New Zealand!. 

Edited by Portland Bill
  • Like 1

England Wheelchair Rugby League World Champions! 28-24 over France but what a bruising game. Great entertainment that even had a pantomime villain in the French touch judge who was doing his pieces on the sideline following a decision by the ref that went against his nation. Fantastic stuff!! 

Edited by RoystonFoote'snephew
Text corrrection
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BigTone said:

Looking forward to a close and very tough final this afternoon. Samoa have nothing to lose so will go all out. Head says Australia to win but heart wants Samoa.

Like you Tone I'd love to see Samoa win, but I don't see Australia making the mistakes England made and I expect them to win by a clear 10 points. Whatever the outcome though Samoa have done their nation proud. 

• Flames 1

9 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Like you Tone I'd love to see Samoa win, but I don't see Australia making the mistakes England made and I expect them to win by a clear 10 points. Whatever the outcome though Samoa have done their nation proud. 

100% agree