IGNORED

What a Save!

Port Said Red

Daniel Bachmann did what I guess you pay good money for, he made a save to stop Watford losing a game they never looked like winning. I don't think you will see a better save at this World Cup than the one he made to what was a great header from Weimann. It took one Austrian to stop another today.

• Like 3
  • Robin 1

18 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Good height for him.  Still a good save though.

It was a good height but still needed fast reaction time. Imo that would have been 1-0 against the majority of Championship keepers. This is what the minority of people who were disappointed yesterday need to realise. Watford pay an international keeper top money to be quiet for the most part and then earn them a point when it’s needed. Keeping concentration levels like that sorts the men out from the boys where keepers are concerned.

I thought Bilic’s assessment of the game was spot on. Watford second best, we passed it way better than them but didn’t hurt them enough. When you compare the two sides, the wages etc. we really can’t moan about the performance yesterday.

• Like 1

Couple of things watching the highlights, for the save, the keeper had a great position but actually started to go the wrong way which makes his reactions even better. 

The other is totally unrelated but I thought that Conway had messed up with a poor pass to Nahki in the first half, but I can see now that it just caught the defenders heel.

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

Couple of things watching the highlights, for the save, the keeper had a great position but actually started to go the wrong way which makes his reactions even better. 

The other is totally unrelated but I thought that Conway had messed up with a poor pass to Nahki in the first half, but I can see now that it just caught the defenders heel.

Yes, I could see it hit the defender from my seat, just couldn’t tell if the defender had done well to block the pass lane.

15 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, I could see it hit the defender from my seat, just couldn’t tell if the defender had done well to block the pass lane.

At the time I thought it was excellent positioning by the defender and from my viewing position in the Dolman, and being a bit picky I thought Wells should have checked his run slightly and received a squarer ball, this avoiding the block, but he was going at full pelt.

31 minutes ago, redysteadygo said:

At the time I thought it was excellent positioning by the defender and from my viewing position in the Dolman, and being a bit picky I thought Wells should have checked his run slightly and received a squarer ball, this avoiding the block, but he was going at full pelt.

I don't think the defender knew anything about it, it's an example of the inches that make a difference at times. All those passes and attacking moves were going our way for the first couple of months of the season.