IGNORED

The Importance of being Andi.

Major Isewater

Our points return  since the last international break has been very poor and for me it coincides with a drop in form from Andi Supermann. 
Last week’s match was his first goal for about 15 games but I noticed his all round play was back to his usual level. Then v Watford he was everywhere and unlucky not to score. 
He is a key player and when he’s off it the team struggle. Thank Bob that Austria didn’t qualify for the Fraud Cup because he can rest and drive us on to a top half , top six? , finish. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Our points return  since the last international break has been very poor and for me it coincides with a drop in form from Andi Supermann. 
Last week’s match was his first goal for about 15 games but I noticed his all round play was back to his usual level. Then v Watford he was everywhere and unlucky not to score. 
He is a key player and when he’s off it the team struggle. Thank Bob that Austria didn’t qualify for the Fraud Cup because he can rest and drive us on to a top half , top six? , finish. 

It wouldn't have been quite so bad if he was an isolated example. For some reason several players had a dip in form. Conway and Scott are understandable as youngsters you expect some inconsistency, the former had the euphoria and publicity of Young Player of the Month, the latter had an intense summer when most were getting a rest. 

Sykes I think has a lot on his plate, a step up in class and learning a new position, and Semenyo understandably with one eye on the World Cup. 

Conway and Scott have come through there's as well, but this time I am hoping the International break will be a welcome distraction rather than the annoying interference that it was last time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

Without a doubt Andi is a key player for us but i do feel irrespective of him getting back in form it’s going to take a hell of a lot more than just that to get us in the top 6 IMO - our problems run deeper than just that.

I still think lower mid table should be the aim with anything in the top half being the absolute ceiling of this squad. Anywhere from about 17th - 12th is where i see us ending up.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Negan said:

A top 6 finish? Jesus wept where do they make you people ?

Let's see how the international break treats us and other clubs. We all know what this league is like, there is 7 points between us and Millwall, in fact there is only 9 points between 23 and 6th and we are not even halfway through the season yet. I think this break is great for us, a chance to get some a break and hopefully get Naismith and Kalas fit too.

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Let's see how the international break treats us and other clubs. We all know what this league is like, there is 7 points between us and Millwall, in fact there is only 9 points between 23 and 6th and we are not even halfway through the season yet. I think this break is great for us, a chance to get some a break and hopefully get Naismith and Kalas fit too.

Also 1 point above being in the bottom 3…

3 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

‘Intelligence’  as in not knowing the meaning of a question mark. You know the one following my ‘ top six ‘ comment. When you’re in a hole lad stop digging.

:10_1_108:

I understood what you meant, I just think it’s ridiculous to even mention top 6. So my original comment was my response to said top 6 question. Now please calm down grandad, you’ve got way to triggered over a jokey comment, take a stroll and relax lad ?

Edited by Negan

10 minutes ago, Negan said:

I understood what you meant, I just think it’s ridiculous to even mention top 6. So my original comment was my response to said top 6 question. Now please calm down grandad, you’ve got way to triggered over a jokey comment, take a stroll and relax lad ?

I'm getting a bit confused with all this wit and repartee -  is he a grandad or a lad?

10 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

I see Andi is in Spain with the Austrian National Squad !

Whats that all about ?

A training camp I guess , but nuts 

They have a friendly away to Andorra tomorrow (!) & one at home to Italy on Sunday.

I was hoping he might have finally got a break but it seems not.

The schedule for an international footballer, especially one who plays in a league with 46 games is just ridiculous.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

They have a friendly away to Andorra tomorrow (!) & one at home to Italy on Sunday.

The schedule for an international footballer, especially one who plays in a league with 46 games is just ridiculous.

thks

I would guess Pearson will give him a break after these games

Madness

• Like 1

On 15/11/2022 at 09:26, GrahamC said:

Looks like he picked up a strained ligament injury in the Andorra game that will keep him out for at least a month.

FFS.

• Sad 3

No Weimann in the squad for Austria. Supposedly diagnosed with a "strained inner ligament" after being hit on the knee during their friendly against Andorra

Not confirmed by City, nor has Rangnick given an update on how long he's expected to be sidelined, but on average these injuries can keep players out for approx 6 weeks... perhaps not returning until the New Year. Four fixtures between now and then for us.

9 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Looks like he picked up a strained ligament injury in the Andorra game that will keep him out for at least a month.

FFS.

https://www.nachrichten.at/sport/fussball/fussball-oesterreich/fix-oefb-elf-ohne-danso-trauner-weimann-und-prass-gegen-italien;art127116,3745117?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1668888618-1

• Thanks 1

There have been moments in recent games when he looked like he was nursing an injury, if it's a slight strain that's enough to get him some rest for the next month it might work in our favour. 

Shame for him though, having broken into the squad so late in his career I imagine he wants to play every minute he can at that level.

14 hours ago, GeorgeT_UK said:
No Weimann in the squad for Austria. Supposedly diagnosed with a "strained inner ligament" after being hit on the knee during their friendly against Andorra

You got to love Andorra they are quite thuggish in their play.  And they always get beat by a cricket score vs teams with strikers.  Pointless game verse them tbh. 

Look at those stats pointless game. 

Screenshot_20221121_091303.jpg

Edited by Lorenzos Only Goal

14 hours ago, GrahamC said:

FFS.

Why we can't do this - Ben Brereton Diaz: Blackburn Rovers withdraw striker from Chile squad for friendlies - BBC Sport - is beyond me. But no, nice Bristol City wouldn't want to do that, would they? FFS indeed.