IGNORED

Lee Johnson

57 minutes ago, One Team said:

No surprise he’s failed and no surprise he’s been sacked, it’s been coming for a while.

Where next for Pep’s understudy? Yeovil Town? Probably a decent fit actually but perhaps he’d see it as beneath him. 

Torquay's manager might take him as assistant. 

• Haha 5

42 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Im amazed he wasn't sacked pre season tbh

Owners are desperate for their appointments to be seen as a success, hence the last thing they want is to have to admit to the fans they got it wrong by sacking them. 

No better example than close to home - just look how excruciatingly long it took SL to see the error of his ways after the bewildering appointment of LJ.

Edited by Nogbad the Bad
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

He will get another job soon because even if he doesn't necessarily walk the walk, he does talk the talk. And just like Hollowhead and others for a time he'll probably have some success, he is streaky Lee after all. I've always felt his biggest problem, like his dad, was over thinking the opposition. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

He will get another job soon because even if he doesn't necessarily walk the walk, he does talk the talk. 

I'm not sure he will

He managed 500 games for 5 clubs over 10 years and has never worn anything of note, his CV achievements section is embarrassingly just a single line that reads Papa John Trophy winner.

I'm just not seeing how other clubs could be attracted to him.

There's only one club who would be stupid enough to appoint him....... again.

• Like 12
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

Hollowhead actually won two promotions to the PL, the Blackpool one was especially miraculous.

Suppose he hit the crest of a wave and it went his way a bit. Good outweighed by the bad over his career for sure but the record books say he won 2 promotions via the playoffs with non Parachute clubs although the Crystal Palace one was perhaps more predictable.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

I'm not sure he will

He managed 500 games for 5 clubs over 10 years and has never worn anything of note, his CV achievements section is embarrassingly just a single line that reads Papa John Trophy winner.

I'm just not seeing how other clubs could be attracted to him.

There's only one club who would be stupid enough to appoint him....... again.

I can see exactly that,,, nige gets fed up with the transfers stance,, new manager comes in and gets 25 million to invest….

• Sad 1

A football manager has been sacked. Isn’t that the way most of them move roles?

I must admit I’ve not been keeping an eye on Hibs’s results  

Some people will be absolutely delighted. I personally don’t really care. I don’t hate the guy - he tried his best.
I don’t put him on a pedestal either - it was right he was sacked by us (although the manner out club handled the sacking and the appointment of his successor was frankly embarrassing).  

• Like 8

I thought LJ was a little unlucky to get ousted at Sunderland. I am pretty sure that he would have got them up and in any case it was his team that made it without him. 
Given a promotion on his C.V. perhaps he would get that chip off his shoulder and calm down a bit with this hyper bull that does him a huge disservice. 
I was relieved when he left as I felt he had stayed too long and things had gone stale. 
I wouldn’t want him back … unless Holden could come back as his number two.

:devil:

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

1 hour ago, frenchred said:

Weird

Do you not think that if he was good enough he would be given a chance here?

One thing they no one ( not even me!) Can criticize is the chances our youths are given!

Difference in standard, easier to get the odd appearance up there than in the championship

1 hour ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

He will get another job soon because even if he doesn't necessarily walk the walk, he does talk the talk. And just like Hollowhead and others for a time he'll probably have some success, he is streaky Lee after all. I've always felt his biggest problem, like his dad, was over thinking the opposition. 

He tried to over complicate football full stop.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Distortia said:

I agree Dave - a condescending tone and about 3 questions on perceived lack of board support is a recipe for a poor interview.

Or a refreshing/brave interview asking the questions fans want to be asked. She was obviously very perceptive after what followed which justified her approach. All we ever hear is Radio Bristol etc tip toeing around SL or NP 

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, JAWS said:

Or a refreshing/brave interview asking the questions fans want to be asked. She was obviously very perceptive after what followed which justified her approach. All we ever hear is Radio Bristol etc tip toeing around SL or NP 

Do we?

Geoff Twentyman seemed to be tough but fair as far as interviews went.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, JAWS said:

Always tough as a local journo because if you want the manager/club to feed you a few nice stories and indulge you during the transfer windows you won't get too far if you're too combative at the wrong times. I don't think many managers would have a problem putting the local rag on the naughty step for a bit in those cases.

• Like 2

Oh, the age-old puzzle of Mark Ashton or Lee Johnson - a real head-scratcher, that. Back in the day, fans were positively buzzing with the signings, oh, the signings! The resounding cheer for Kalas, the ever-so-insistent calls for Palmer, the electric anticipation for Jay DaSilva, and the delightful introduction of Han-Noah. Ah yes, the Webster stroke of genius that yielded a princely sum of £20 million, and the golden boy Tammy. Let's not forget, Johnson certainly had his slip-ups, but credit where it's due - he wasn't all mishaps and mayhem. A loyal player in a grand era, yet Pearson is exalted like football's benevolent overlord.

Now, let's not rush to anoint Pearson as the messiah of management just yet. Despite his court of 24 signings, the on-field ballet hasn't exactly morphed into a mesmerising spectacle. And dare we mention the subtle art of playing players out of position, or signing a player only to confine them to the bench? Ah, the selective amnesia, it's truly an art form.

While I'm no Lee Johnson enthusiast, the stark contrast in treatment simply because he didn't quite fit the face mould is, well, a tad intriguing, wouldn't you say?

• Like 5
  • Hmmm 3

31 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

Oh, the age-old puzzle of Mark Ashton or Lee Johnson - a real head-scratcher, that. Back in the day, fans were positively buzzing with the signings, oh, the signings! The resounding cheer for Kalas, the ever-so-insistent calls for Palmer, the electric anticipation for Jay DaSilva, and the delightful introduction of Han-Noah. Ah yes, the Webster stroke of genius that yielded a princely sum of £20 million, and the golden boy Tammy. Let's not forget, Johnson certainly had his slip-ups, but credit where it's due - he wasn't all mishaps and mayhem. A loyal player in a grand era, yet Pearson is exalted like football's benevolent overlord.

Now, let's not rush to anoint Pearson as the messiah of management just yet. Despite his court of 24 signings, the on-field ballet hasn't exactly morphed into a mesmerising spectacle. And dare we mention the subtle art of playing players out of position, or signing a player only to confine them to the bench? Ah, the selective amnesia, it's truly an art form.

While I'm no Lee Johnson enthusiast, the stark contrast in treatment simply because he didn't quite fit the face mould is, well, a tad intriguing, wouldn't you say?

No. I wouldn't.

• Like 4