IGNORED

Lee Johnson

Discussion about ex managers is often important context to threads regarding whatever manager is in charge in the present.

I think there’s a place for threads about Tammy Abraham and more historical ex-players to be put in a sub forum.. but the Johnson tenure is still important context to the current situation of the club.

It’s a bit like when a thread that begins to veer off in a mildly political direction gets thrown in ‘non-football chat’ prematurely.

On 31/12/2023 at 13:13, 2015 said:

He was given more money at Bristol City than any other Manager has ever been allowed to at this club and we never even made the Play-offs under him. Based on the money he spent, he failed. The transfer business of Summer 2019 and January 2020 were absolutely dire.

He should have been disposed of after we failed to make the playoffs in 2019. Thank you, but we need someone who can take us there with the money spent.

I didn't like him as a player, or how he conducted himself in interviews and I thought his man management was pretty dreadful at times too. He shouldn't have ever been given the job in the first place.

We don't give money to the ones that could.

• Like 3

Lee Johnson was a shite player who played the majority of his career managed by his dad - now he’s proved that he’s no better at managing…………..:dunno:

As others have said he’s a decent enough coach so maybe he’d better off sticking to that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

On 12/01/2024 at 09:09, Laner said:

EFL boss sacked TWICE already this season offers to help coaches on LinkedIn (msn.com)

Now offering his knowledge to potential coaches. Bet 'I beat Man Utd' comes up a lot.

Well he’s updated his LinkedIn and has had over 700 responses from coaches interested in hearing him out. 

On 12/01/2024 at 09:09, Laner said:

EFL boss sacked TWICE already this season offers to help coaches on LinkedIn (msn.com)

Now offering his knowledge to potential coaches. Bet 'I beat Man Utd' comes up a lot.

A manager and leader he is not. But he is a coach and should find his place, and a good one at that. I can never see him managing or leading as a number 1, it is just not him, but it would not be a surprise to see him have a long coaching career. He works hard, very hard, and I hope for him he finds his level/role. It was not his fault he was given a job he was never equipped for. But he also needs to recognise his own limitations and strengths. 

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

Absolutely it will be.

LJ has always tried  to outdo his father which is why the over complicated approach he has to what is a simple game. 

He'll never outdo Gary Johnson - 1000 games as Manager, six promotions ( 8 if you count his role at Cambridge Utd in a duo with John Beck) - one of the all time great EFL managers as I'm sure you'll agree. 😃

• Like 3
  • Haha 2