IGNORED

Jesse Lingard: ‘Nobody really knew about my struggles. We’re all human’

chinapig

11 minutes ago, chinapig said:

A timely reminder that if we are tempted to direct abuse at a player we should remember that footballers are people too. We never know what they might be going through in their private lives.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/nov/14/jesse-lingard-nobody-really-knew-about-my-struggles-were-all-human

Anybody shown this to Pearson?

• Confused 1

Sorry @Sheltons Army I seemed to have confused you. I was referring to Pearson saying at the fans forum that Lingard was a "disgrace" when he was on loan to him. I don't know the full story but just wondered if this might be an explanation if it was performance or attitude related.

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

Sorry @Sheltons Army I seemed to have confused you. I was referring to Pearson saying at the fans forum that Lingard was a "disgrace" when he was on loan to him. I don't know the full story but just wondered if this might be an explanation if it was performance or attitude related.

Ahhh

Im with ya

I was thinking that NP actually appears to be very understanding of players situations- Long term Injured players , other circumstances like Klose and Baker  ??

15 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Ahhh

Im with ya

I was thinking that NP actually appears to be very understanding of players situations- Long term Injured players , other circumstances like Klose and Baker  ??

Generally agree with you, although not sure about the one highlighted from what I have been told. Benarous might be a better example.

20 minutes ago, grifty said:

He’s one of those players who for me never really did it a club level but always looked excellent for England, similar to Welbeck and Sturridge bar those couple of seasons at Liverpool where he was unplayable.

Welbeck was good for England wasn’t he?  Thought we played better with him in the team.

It was said in his breakthrough / early years at MU that all the players through the was brilliant, just picked up injuries.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Welbeck was good for England wasn’t he?  Thought we played better with him in the team.

It was said in his breakthrough / early years at MU that all the players through the was brilliant, just picked up injuries.

Yeah sorry that’s what I meant, lingard, welbeck and sturridge all played well for England, but never really set the world alight at club level except those couple of seasons Sturridge had with Suarez