IGNORED

World Cup 2022 thread (football only)

Super

3 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

What did he do that was so special at the last World Cup? 

Scoring against Peru? 

Scoring in the final after the game was already won? 

What has he done in club football? 

Put Haaland in that French team and he'd be smashing the goals in for fun. 

You are talking absolute garbage.

1 hour ago, Slacker said:

Mostly against us.93 minutes is too much for us!

I think I’d have to give up watching City if the Championship replicated these stoppage-time minutes. 

I’m a nervous wreck as it is when we cling on by our finger nails to a 3-0 lead heading into two minutes of stoppage time. Imagine playing for ten minutes! 

1 minute ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Please elaborate if you are able to. 

What has Mbappe achieved in club football? 

What's so special about him scoring a goal against Peru? 

Football fans are a funny breed. Complain about refs not adding on the correct amount of added on time and then when they do, complain about that too. 

He scored 4 goals in the WC aged 19. Ripped Argentina apart and scored in the final but yes I agree he did very little.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Please elaborate if you are able to. 

What has Mbappe achieved in club football? 

What's so special about him scoring a goal against Peru? 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kylian_Mbappé

his honours (at 23 years old) are listed on there if you want to read them. Multiple winner for which he’s often played a big part.  Lots of individual awards as well.  Im guessing you’re being contrary to pass the time 

7 minutes ago, Super said:

He scored 4 goals in the WC aged 19. Ripped Argentina apart and scored in the final but yes I agree he did very little.

Ahh so scoring 2 goals against a poor Argentina side is what makes him a better player than Haaland? 

When he can do it week in, week out in the best league in the world, then we can begin to compare ?

Just now, W-S-M Seagull said:

Ahh so scoring 2 goals against a poor Argentina side is what makes him a better player than Haaland? 

When he can do it week in, week out in the best league in the world, then we can begin to compare ?

Did I even say he was better than Haaland? It was you that said he didn't do much at the WC which was obviously nonsense.

A common theme developing with Japan, Saudi and now Canada (whatever happens in the second half). High energy, high tempo, aggressive, forward-thinking teams. Keeping it simple, creating loads of last third chances and playing with passion. 

Love it.

Oddly, England have - whether by design or accident - some of these characteristics. Might we be in the mix with a realistic chance?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I do think he’s one of the best out there, but that his talent is slightly wasted in a league with no real competition. I’m sure he could cut it in the Prem or La Liga but the ££££££ at PSG has kept him there I guess.

1 minute ago, Super said:

Did I even say he was better than Haaland? It was you that said he didn't do much at the WC which was obviously nonsense.

He scored 4 goals. 

1 was against Peru. 

1 was after the final was already won.

And 2 was against a rubbish Argentina team. 

He didn't score or assist against Australia, Denmark, Uruguay and Belgium. 

Don't get me wrong. He is a top player. But I think he is overhyped a little and certainly not on the same level as Haaland. Whilst he remains in that farmers league then he can't be spoken about in the same sentence imo. 

• Confused 3