IGNORED

World Cup 2022 thread (football only)

Super

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

Quite right he’s not a proper manager at all - what’s he ever achieved as a manager in the game?   :dunno:
He’ an FA man who won’t ever rock the boat.

Nothing. Well, apart from getting an England team further in a major tournament than any manager apart from Alf Ramsey... :dunno:

But I suppose he's never won promotion from the Championship, which as we all know is the ultimate yardstick to judge all managers by.

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

Quite right he’s not a proper manager at all - what’s he ever achieved as a manager in the game?   :dunno:
He’ an FA man who won’t ever rock the boat.

Apart from a world cup semi final and a Euro final in the last two major competitions, yes nothing. And you said achieved not the way we actually play under him which is irrelevant if the team are having success, what would you prefer playing scintillating football and win nothing or make semis and finals? 

Edited by pillred
Punctuation.
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, pillred said:

Apart from a world cup semi final and a Euro final in the last two major competitions, yes nothing. And you said achieved not the way we actually play under him which is irrelevant if the team are having success, what would you prefer playing scintillating football and win nothing or make semis and finals? 

I like England to play high tempo, front foot football and in all honesty I can’t remember the last I saw England do that. Southgate’s way too cautious - England will qualify from the group with two 0-0 draws and a 1-0 win………I can hardly wait……….….:sleeping: …………….…..:disapointed2se:

37 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I like England to play high tempo, front foot football and in all honesty I can’t remember the last I saw England do that. Southgate’s way too cautious - England will qualify from the group with two 0-0 draws and a 1-0 win………I can hardly wait……….….:sleeping: …………….…..:disapointed2se:

Nobody forces you to watch it ………

• Like 2
  • Haha 1