IGNORED

World Cup 2022 thread (football only)

Super

According to an article on the BBC Football site, which is predominantly about the fans zone - a fans zone with little shelter from the sun - the cost of the tournament to the host nation is £160bn! 

In these difficult economic times the cost of bribery seems have gone up a level or two.

FWIW

Winners Brazil

Top Scrorer Mbappe

England round of 16

Edited by ScottishRed

20 minutes ago, Robbored said:

None of them - all too afraid of getting beaten. Of all the England mangers in the last 40 years Kevin Keegan was the one I rated most highly. Shame he resigned. 

That's an opinion not based on anything to do with his actual record as an England Manager. 

He chose Southgate over Ince and Batty in CDM for his last game. Imagine if Southgate himself stuck Connor Coady in the team vs Germany instead of Rice or Henderson?

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

None of them - all too afraid of getting beaten. Of all the England mangers in the last 40 years Kevin Keegan was the one I rated most highly. Shame he resigned. 

The man who said himself that he wasn't up to the job? Are you saying he was a proper manager??

12 minutes ago, chinapig said:

The man who said himself that he wasn't up to the job? Are you saying he was a proper manager??

KK realised that he’d become burnt out after decades spent in the high pressure football industry. Fair play to him for reigning when the enjoyment had gone out of the game for him.

10 hours ago, Robbored said:

KK realised that he’d become burnt out after decades spent in the high pressure football industry. Fair play to him for reigning when the enjoyment had gone out of the game for him.

So much so he started working again 6 months later for another 6 or 7 seasons.

He has one of the worst England records. Barely got us to a Euro finals before we went out at the group stage by losing to Romania.

I think you are confusing his cavalier style football when with Newcastle, England never played like that under him.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, Gazred said:

So much so he started working again 6 months later for another 6 or 7 seasons.

He has one of the worst England records. Barely got us to a Euro finals before we went out at the group stage by losing to Romania.

I think you are confusing his cavalier style football when with Newcastle, England never played like that under him.

Yep, we had some turgid games, where non-technical/tactical England were bossed by technical/tactical opposition.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, maxjak said:

This IS football related....because as far as i am concerned booze and football go together like Tommy and Nakhi?   Just reading a blog from some guys who are already in Queerta, at the Fanzone they are paying £12.50 for a pint.  Yet another black mark  against the worst country ever to  bribe its way in (So sorry, i meant chosen)  to stage the worlds greatest sporting contest?

16 hours ago, maxjak said:

So with the price of booze and snacks........should be able to get by on around £150 a day.  Must be great to feel so welcomed?

There's a lot to beat Qatar with, but I don't think cost of food/drink is specifically one.

It's an expensive country, as is somewhere like Norway or Iceland.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Robbored said:

Ummm………yeah I know…….but how many of those games did you enjoy?………..:dunno:

Almost all of them, you forgetting we trounced Ukraine 4-0? I always enjoy seeing England win

Admittedly Scotland game was a nervy and tense encounter - always will be when a massive underdog faces their biggest rival. Same as any City v Rovers game these days would likely be far from enjoyable.

How can anyone have not enjoyed Germany, Ukraine or Denmark games?

My predictions:

Winners: Brazil
Top Scorer: Neymar
England: I fear the group stage - but perhaps QF. Based on current form we'd be lucky to get that far