IGNORED

World Cup 2022 thread (football only)

Super

7 minutes ago, RedRock said:

A common theme developing with Japan, Saudi and now Canada (whatever happens in the second half). High energy, high tempo, aggressive, forward-thinking teams. Keeping it simple, creating loads of last third chances and playing with passion. 

Love it.

Oddly, England have - whether by design or accident - some of these characteristics. Might we be in the mix with a realistic chance?

Our problem is Kane. He's not a presser. But then he brings other things to the team. 

Wilson would probably more suit the style you describe. 

7 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Our problem is Kane. He's not a presser. But then he brings other things to the team. 

Wilson would probably more suit the style you describe. 

Yep. While I think Kane is great, didn’t think our team play/strength/intensity was diminished when Wilson came on.

Nice to have options for a change when we get to a tournament, rather than all our eggs in one basket ala Rooney et al. 

5 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

There’s not many things I have hatred for. But that road, I hate that road.  

Is this at Kendleshire turning off A432 towards Golden Heart pub? Too many cars pulling out or turning into that junction for the main road to be 40mph imo. Always a disaster there 

• Like 1

Just now, cidercity1987 said:

Is this at Kendleshire turning off A432 towards Golden Heart pub? Too many cars pulling out or turning into that junction for the main road to be 40mph imo. Always a disaster there 

I believe that’s where it was.  I hate pulling out of there at the best of times, let alone when it’s dark and raining. Amazed there’s not lights controlling that junction. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, reddevon said:

Anyone know who and why an Australian player wore a shirt and shorts without a name or number but had a “ ? “ symbol in its place.

Perhaps he was identifying as the artist formerly known as Prince

• Haha 1