IGNORED

World Cup 2022 thread (football only)

Super

Amazing really, 20 odd shots 4 on target. 

Players can ping 40yard passes with accuracy yet get anywhere near that 8yard wide goal and get nowhere it with shots.

Just shows most of it in's the head.

Anyway unlucky Canada so deserved to win. Belgium? so poor i know sometimes winners of the thing get off to a bad start,but no chance this lot are going deep into this.

1 hour ago, BigTone said:

France here. My wine is a bit chilly

Don't get cocky as French summer hailstones are the only ones to have left my hire car with more dimples than a golf ball and screens (front and rear) with more cracks than a City defence. Motorway like a scene from The Blues Brothers. As for the gite's roof and veluxes when we made it back.....

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I feel sorry for the colour blind viewers of Cameroon V Switzerland, hopefully the yellow socks of Cameroon will help to differentiate between the teams.

Yeh it's pretty bad. When they're up the shady end it's pretty nigh on impossible for me.

The socks help a little yes.

Edited by ExiledAjax

18 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

Personally i don't care for it, neither do I find her ideas original. As for Margate....

If you're into installations I refer you to 'King' Edward Keinholz, whose major retrospective I was fortunate to catch in NY years back. When done well an immersive experience. Badly, it just recalls countless 'house parties' of my youth around the art colleges of South London.

interesting,  thanks...........Personally i believe that Emin is an ultimate  example  of the "Emperor's New Clothes"  Ha!

BREAKING NEWS.....................

Wifi down on England family cruise ship

England players' families have been staying offshore on a luxury £1billion cruise liner which comes complete with six swimming pools, 30 bars and the tallest slide on a ship.

But the wifi isn't working.

That's what the Daily Mail report this morning as the England players struggle to have contact with their loved ones ahead of facing USA. 

A rest day is scheduled for Saturday, but the players may not be able to see their family members due to Covid concerns. The internet problems have meant limited contact has been made this week.

It has allowed the players to focus fully on the matter at hand, but it is far from ideal not being able to touch base with family, wives, girlfriends and children in the lead up to Friday's crucial encounter.

34 minutes ago, Super said:

BREAKING NEWS.....................

Wifi down on England family cruise ship

England players' families have been staying offshore on a luxury £1billion cruise liner which comes complete with six swimming pools, 30 bars and the tallest slide on a ship.

But the wifi isn't working.

That's what the Daily Mail report this morning as the England players struggle to have contact with their loved ones ahead of facing USA. 

A rest day is scheduled for Saturday, but the players may not be able to see their family members due to Covid concerns. The internet problems have meant limited contact has been made this week.

It has allowed the players to focus fully on the matter at hand, but it is far from ideal not being able to touch base with family, wives, girlfriends and children in the lead up to Friday's crucial encounter.

Covid concerns? Who outside of China still cares about that?

Spare a thought for the commentator in the S Korea game... the GK and the entire back 4 are all called Kim. There is also a Kim on the bench.

MF and striker both called Hwang. And back to the bench, 3 players called Cho and 2 called Kwon. 

Just now, Countryfile said:

Take a look at the Korean back four

KIM.   KIM.   KIM YOUNG.   KIM.

According to the BBC

Can’t wait for the commentary.

GK also Kim

19 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

Covid concerns? Who outside of China still cares about that?

Judging by an interview the other day Southgate does.

The number of people testing positive in England continues to fall thankfully but the most recent figures I saw from the ONS estimated that 1 in 60 were infected so probably wise to have a little caution.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DolmanGaz said:

Spare a thought for the commentator in the S Korea game... the GK and the entire back 4 are all called Kim. There is also a Kim on the bench.

MF and striker both called Hwang. And back to the bench, 3 players called Cho and 2 called Kwon. 

GK also Kim

Sounds like a Monty Python sketch !

13 minutes ago, DolmanGaz said:

GK also Kim

Hope they make a game of it and play out of their Kim's.