IGNORED

World Cup 2022 thread (football only)

Super

1 hour ago, AppyDAZE said:

Robbie Savage last week...

What's wrong with all these England fans, they've only beaten Iran.

The likes of Bale, Kieffer Moore & Sorba Thomas might want to focus on themselves a little more in the future before obsessing over England. 

However, that game on Tuesday could now be a cracker & no matter what people think will be a hard game for us.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

How does JP know all the info on most of these players, must do a lot of homework.

Not to sound glib but it’s his job.  Which he’s fantastic at. Contrast him with someone like Sam Splatterface who couldn’t even get the German players clubs right the other day or the commentator this morning who kept getting players wrong and you see the value of his homework! 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Saw a vid with Martin Tyler who explained his match notes that he uses .  I guess they all follow the same sort of method, detailed notes with facts ready to go. 

Hats off to JP. Fair amount of homework needed on the Qatar team, but at least we all know some of the Senegal team, and not just Fam. That said the guy who kept mentioning Bath City in relation to Semenyo really needed to do a bit more homework not get obsessed with one detail!

1 minute ago, Super said:

You sure that wasn't Iran fans?

Probably. Presume the Iran players stayed silent again as well.

28 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Pen then for Qatar surely?

Not a Bristol City pen but a pen

I'm surprised it wasn't given

23 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Not a chance, was looking for that 100%, stepped across Sarr.

Alex Scott does that half a dozen times a game, Grealish too. it's clever play - no different to a defender shielding a ball out of play, if you then go through him it's a foul. There's no harm in "looking" for a foul or "inviting" contact, defenders have to be smarter

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MarcusX said:

Alex Scott does that half a dozen times a game, Grealish too. it's clever play - no different to a defender shielding a ball out of play, if you then go through him it's a foul. There's no harm in "looking" for a foul or "inviting" contact, defenders have to be smarter

Yes and no.

IMO If they player gets their body between man & ball then slows or stops, free kick all day. Where I think he doesn't get this one is that he throws his leg to one side . I think then it's a toss up. I would have given it at normal speed, first time, that action just puts a doubt in my mind.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

I'm surprised it wasn't given

Subtle difference between “inviting” it and “moving into” it, maybe? 

Tough one. And I think Lineker was right. Whichever way the ref decides, VAR doesn’t overturn it

• Like 1