IGNORED

World Cup 2022 thread (football only)

Super

23 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Really tough game tonight, they are no mugs, any type of win will do, 4-0 ideally ?. I think an early goal for us will force them out early and could pick them off.

2 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Surely a regulation 2-0? 

Old England would really struggle in this game but our fellow big guns have got through so easily 

Go for the jugular from the off

3 hours ago, italian dave said:

It’s the player who played 169 games for the club, 51 goals (only 25 players have ever scored more for the club), who slogged his guts out for us for 3.5 years and often in a pretty thankless role up front, and whose mind (like many players or other employees in a similar, situation) was elsewhere when it became apparent he wasn’t wanted. 

I’ll always think of him fondly and hope he does well (not tonight obviously). 

I'd say lazy barsteward would more suffice ...

And as for fondness?

40 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Each to their own but he won’t live long in the memory for me. Touch like a breeze block , no football brain whatsoever . Downing tools shows the true character or the man. 

He scored 1 goal every 3 games, with a shot to goal conversion rate of 15%, consistently across 3.5 seasons of the Championship. Not many strikers manage a record like that, especially in a team like ours. He's carried that ratio on in Turkey as well, so he's clearly got something about him. 

As to the "true character" being revealed. Even if that is true, it doesn't erase that previous 3.5 years of excellent service.

Anyway, to each their own opinion. In mine he's fully deserving of his place on our top scorers board.

Now, were he to score a goal that knocks England out tonight, I may reassess.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

He scored 1 goal every 3 games, with a shot to goal conversion rate of 15%, consistently across 3.5 seasons of the Championship. Not many strikers manage a record like that, especially in a team like ours. He's carried that ratio on in Turkey as well, so he's clearly got something about him. 

As to the "true character" being revealed. Even if that is true, it doesn't erase that previous 3.5 years of excellent service.

Anyway, to each their own opinion. In mine he's fully deserving of his place on our top scorers board.

Now, were he to score a goal that knocks England out tonight, I may reassess.

He's still a lazy barsteward