IGNORED

World Cup 2022 thread (football only)

Super

Croatia looking increasingly good, and especially when the break at pace down the right. 

Brazil struggling to get the ball and get a foothold in the game.

Will Brazil doing so little I'm wondering what the pundits will find to be talk about at half time. :)

Edited by downendcity

1 minute ago, downendcity said:

Croatia looking increasingly good, and especially when the break at pace down the right. 

Brazil struggling to get the ball and get a foothold in the game.

Will Brazil doing so little I'm wondering what the pundits will find to be talki about at half time. :)

Croatia playing well but not looking like scoring.

18 minutes ago, Bobby Bollax said:

This is not a Brazilian side full of world class players. Let’s see how they perform against a good Croatian side 

They need to do a lot more than they have for the first 40 minutes then.

They are struggling to cope with the physicality of the Croatia team, the question is whether they can maintain the physical effort for 90 minutes and maintain concentration throughout, as one lapse against Brazil can be costly.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, downendcity said:

They need to do a lot more than they have for the first 40 minutes then.

They are struggling to cope with the physicality of the Croatia team, the question is whether they can maintain the physical effort for 90 minutes and maintain concentration throughout, as one lapse against Brazil can be costly.

It’s a shame Croatia are lacking quality players in forward areas. The way they move the ball around is a joy. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DolmanGaz said:

I fancy Netherlands to edge past Argentina in a high scoring classic, but think Brazil will have too much for Croatia. Not fussed who gets through today, just looking forward to, hopefully, two good games. Hoping Croatia can at least give Brazil a game!!

Just need to try and get my work for the week done by 3!!

Yep i fancy the Netherlands , scored some great team goals last game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 2015 said:

It really wouldn't surprise me if Croatia pushed Brazil the whole way. The Croats have shown since becoming an independent Nation that they can compete with anyone and shouldn't be underestimated. 

If Brazil are over confident then that could come back to bite them

Croats or Croatians? That is the question.

46 minutes ago, Bobby Bollax said:

It’s a shame Croatia are lacking quality players in forward areas. The way they move the ball around is a joy. 

2 minutes ago, DolmanGaz said:

i underestimated Croatia, more fool me, but their keeper is playing a blinder too!

Great midfield always gives a chance.

Post Mandzukic they lack a focal point up front IMO. They've never fully replaced him.

Small nation though, who through injury or retirement have since last WC been without Subasic, Vrsaljko, Vida, Corluka, Rakitic, Mandzukic- 4 or 5 starters and the remainder reserves.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

9 minutes ago, DolmanGaz said:

also, did I miss the FIFA directive that encourages play acting and diving, and if the ref spots it, you are no longer at risk of a booking?  terrible dive then, ref did well to spot it and wave play on, but why no booking? making me shout at the telly!!!

Right!? Ref has done well not to fall for the diving but where are the cards?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, redsince1994 said:

Right!? Ref has done well not to fall for the diving but where are the cards?

Agreed. As long as he keeps the cards in his pocket they will continue with their antics. Such a shame when they have so much talent. Tarnishes it for me TBH 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, City_USA said:

Agreed. As long as he keeps the cards in his pocket they will continue with their antics. Such a shame when they have so much talent. Tarnishes it for me TBH 

I've seen it at several games, they spot it and ignore it. Must be a directive or FIFA decision as not seen a single instance when somebody is booked for it, and seen LOTS of games where ref's have spotted it and waved play on...

Once again Nyemar fails to impress, there are now 4 players on the pitch who seem to have used the same hair bleach , so now he doesn't stand out at all. I am sure I posted this during the last WC, but all I can think is that he must have some incredible games when I am not watching, to get the reputation he has.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

Once again Nyemar fails to impress, there are now 4 players on the pitch who seem to have used the same hair bleach , so now he doesn't stand out at all. I am sure I posted this during the last WC, but all I can think is that he must have some incredible games when I am not watching, to get the reputation he has.

I think he's shite

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

Not as bad as when the whole Romanian squad bleached their hair (94 ?) 

Lets say it didn’t suit the Eastern European look 

• Like 1