IGNORED

First time ever

Alan Dicks

2 hours ago, Alan Dicks said:

I’ve not watched an England world cup final game.

Anybody else refusing to watch this farcical spectacle?

I didn’t refuse, I simply couldn’t get out of work!

Managed to record it and have my phone turned off all afternoon… 

It was tough!

I get the moral issues and what not, but even FIFA have admitted it was a mistake giving it to Qatar. I dont (at least hope) it will ever happen like this again - until the world gets too hot and we have to play in the winter. But just cant shy away from the fact its an international tournament, its so difficult. I just love everyone in the country supporting one team. Its special

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

4 hours ago, Alan Dicks said:

Look yes there are many issues with the Qatar world cup which are very wrong. But I have a total passion and love for football. And my two teams are England and Bristol City. Life is full of compromises. Just living in our corrupt country , not as bad as most, but still corrupt.

So for me football wins the day .

And you did miss one hell of a performance today 

Come on the England 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Alan Dicks said:

I'm not tuning in and I will forego the entertainment for the simple reason this world cup is a complete sham (timing, corruption, human rights, deaths in building it ect - it's a long list) but also I don't really follow England except at tournaments usually, I didn't watch England last week and didn't feel like I was missing out, I didn't watch them yesterday and didn't feel like I was missing out.

It's interesting all those that said they weren't going to boycott the World Cup and instead they will go there and use there presence to highlight the issues and hold power to account. What that seems to have turned into is - only if they let us, and no one feels uncomfortable, and we don’t actually have to do anything.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Pezo said:

I'm not tuning in and I will forego the entertainment for the simple reason this world cup is a complete sham (timing, corruption, human rights, deaths in building it ect - it's a long list) but also I don't really follow England except at tournaments usually, I didn't watch England last week and didn't feel like I was missing out, I didn't watch them yesterday and didn't feel like I was missing out.

It's interesting all those that said they weren't going to boycott the World Cup and instead they will go there and use there presence to highlight the issues and hold power to account. What that seems to have turned into is - only if they let us, and no one feels uncomfortable, and we don’t actually have to do anything.

Exactly my view.

Usually get drawn into major tournaments but won’t this time.

Can find other stuff to do, & was working yesterday anyway.

Just uncomfortable with the whole thing.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, OliOTIB said:

I get the moral issues and what not, but even FIFA have admitted it was a mistake giving it to Qatar. I dont (at least hope) it will ever happen like this again - until the world gets too hot and we have to play in the winter. But just cant shy away from the fact its an international tournament, its so difficult. I just love everyone in the country supporting one team. Its special

Fifa have certainly Not said it was a mistake, did you not hear the clowns soea h prior to the world Cup? 

Blatter said it was a mistake, the man banned from football for ummm awarding the world Cup to Qatar!! 

Interestingly at the time of the '66 World Cup it was still illegal in the UK to commit "homosexual acts" in private, yet here we are now sat on our pedestal only 56 years later!  

I don't agree with the World Cup being awarded in the way it has been, the corruption and money paid, changing it to winter, the migrants workers etc but it's worth remembering that we aren't exactly perfect and havnt been in the recent history, people and attitudes can and will change

• The topic was locked