IGNORED

World Cup Timekeeping

frenchred

8 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

Dolman will still empty on 85 mins irrespective 

The problem with the Dolman is that egress is slow so it's probably noticed more, and there are probabaly a slightly higher percentage of elderly/infirm supporters. And with slow egress, comes a desire or need to leave 'a bit earlier' just to get out in a reasonable period. I always stay until last (in fairness I can be home in less than 5 minutes from leaving my seat), but there is a real bottleneck trying to get out if you try to leave at the final whistle, and I reckon it takes double the time to clear the Dolman than any other stand.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, handsofclay said:

FIFA had to wait until Neil Warnock retired from management to implement this new strategy as they figured otherwise matches involving his teams wouldn't finish on the day they commenced and the end of the football season would have to be extended from May until mid-July.

Or Jamie McCombe would pop up with a late equaliser ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, frenchred said:

Great ain't it! 

Head of refs, Collina, said we asked the 4th officials to keep track of lost time in Russia and it sort of worked, we have asked them to be more accurate this time around" roughly translated. 

Think it's great, been a long time advocate of taking timekeeping away from refs as would stop the sheff utd's of this world with their antics. 

Hope it finds its way into domestic football

Can he sort use of var out too please 

7 hours ago, Mr X said:

I'd be happy with the longer added-time in Championship games as we pay to watch 90 minutes of football and currently only see approx 60 minutes of football.  

As per Davefevs previous post 52 and a half minutes average in the champ. That's a lot of time for the ball NOT to be in play! 

22 hours ago, Mr X said:

I'd be happy with the longer added-time in Championship games as we pay to watch 90 minutes of football and currently only see approx 60 minutes of football.  

14 hours ago, frenchred said:

As per Davefevs previous post 52 and a half minutes average in the champ. That's a lot of time for the ball NOT to be in play! 

You could argue though that sixty(ish) minutes is all we`ve ever watched so do we pay for 90 or just what we`ve always had?

On 22/11/2022 at 08:03, frenchred said:

Great ain't it! 

Head of refs, Collina, said we asked the 4th officials to keep track of lost time in Russia and it sort of worked, we have asked them to be more accurate this time around" roughly translated. 

Think it's great, been a long time advocate of taking timekeeping away from refs as would stop the sheff utd's of this world with their antics. 

Can he sort use of var out too please 

On 22/11/2022 at 08:03, frenchred said:

Great ain't it! 

Just copy Rugby, their system has worked great for years. When the player looks up and sees the clock stopped the reason to waste time just goes

7 hours ago, Clutton Caveman said:

Just copy Rugby, their system has worked great for years. When the player looks up and sees the clock stopped the reason to waste time just goes

Yes, I'd prefer they stop the clock.  Time wasting and feigning injury - particularly head injuries - is ruining the game. 

Would screw up catching trains/bus etc for some but ideally schedules would change to accommodate this.