IGNORED

Portway park and ride

Andy thomas

13 minutes ago, Andy thomas said:

Watching city  v stoke and as the railways are looking likely to strike , is the port way p& r a viable option or does it get filled by sat dinner time

It's a great option if you are driving mate and never full to my knowledge or the times I've used it. It's bloody huge!

• The title was changed to Portway park and ride

Most people using the existing daily P & R are commuting to work or for later journeys shopping etc, the bus stops at Anchor Rd, centre, broadmead, Cabot, and Temple Meads.

Unless you work around TM or want to catch a connecting train the bus is more convenient..

Bus is cheaper as well.

3 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

Most people using the existing daily P & R are commuting to work or for later journeys shopping etc, the bus stops at Anchor Rd, centre, broadmead, Cabot, and Temple Meads.

Unless you work around TM or want to catch a connecting train the bus is more convenient..

Bus is cheaper as well.

Not on the Severn Beach line. I catch that train into work every day and it's £9 for a weekly ticket. The new P&R station is a godsend for me, I live 5 minutes walk away...dead 'andy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Not on the Severn Beach line. I catch that train into work every day and it's £9 for a weekly ticket. The new P&R station is a godsend for me, I live 5 minutes walk away...dead 'andy.

That's if the conductor comes round and charges you at all.

• Haha 1

Hopeing to bring my grandson to his first game at AG in September.

Will be driving in from Devizes so wonder if there other park and rides with buses to AG on matchdays that side of Bristol?

Edited by downendcity

5 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Hopeing to bring my grandson to his first game at AG in September.

Will be driving in from Devizes so wonder if there other park and rides with buses to AG on matchdays that side of Bristol.

Coming from Devizes you would use the Brislington P&R.

Used to get the train on the Severn Beach line when I worked in Easton and lived in Avonmouth. It baffles me why they have felt the need to spend the amount they have done when there is a perfectly good station in Shire, less than 0.5 of a mile from the P&R.

5 hours ago, Redtucks said:

How would you get from there to Yatton then?

Err what's Yatton got to do with Portway Parkway station, they aren't even on the same line, you'd have to change at temple meads to do that journey so kinda defeats the object,

Unless they've build a direct line to portray from Yatton in the last 24 hours

Edited by Monkeh

37 minutes ago, Red Homer said:

Used to get the train on the Severn Beach line when I worked in Easton and lived in Avonmouth. It baffles me why they have felt the need to spend the amount they have done when there is a perfectly good station in Shire, less than 0.5 of a mile from the P&R.

The amount of car parking at the P&R would be my guess. Only parking for about 10 cars at Shire and none at Avonmouth.

2 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Be aware the Bris p&r gets very busy, especially getting back after matches. You will get a bus but may have to wait a while.

Thanks SJ.

It's quite some time since I was at AG ( get to more away games in the last few years) and from comments on here don;t want t risk trying to park near the ground, so P&R seems like the best option, especially as I will have a 6 year old with me!

9 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Thanks SJ.

It's quite some time since I was at AG ( get to more away games in the last few years) and from comments on here don;t want t risk trying to park near the ground, so P&R seems like the best option, especially as I will have a 6 year old with me!

I use it for every home match, a really good service and stress free. I usually aim for half 1 and don't wait long plus it's really easy to get out and no worries about parking.

3 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I use it for every home match, a really good service and stress free. I usually aim for half 1 and don't wait long plus it's really easy to get out and no worries about parking.

?

31 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Err what's Yatton got to do with Portway Parkway station, they aren't even on the same line, you'd have to change at temple meads to do that journey so kinda defeats the object,

Unless they've build a direct line to portray from Yatton in the last 24 hours

I used to live in a prefab which was exactly where the Avonmouth P&R is now. The nearest rail station to where I live now is Yatton, hence why I chose it.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say that they are not even on the same line.

You can get direct trains from Avonmouth to Yatton and from Yatton to Avonmouth.

If I lived in the Shirehampton/Avonmouth area now, I would find the P&R platform very useful if I needed to make many train journeys.

1 hour ago, Red Homer said:

Is there any parking at Shirehampton station?

36 minutes ago, Redtucks said:

I used to live in a prefab which was exactly where the Avonmouth P&R is now. The nearest rail station to where I live now is Yatton, hence why I chose it.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say that they are not even on the same line.

You can get direct trains from Avonmouth to Yatton and from Yatton to Avonmouth.

If I lived in the Shirehampton/Avonmouth area now, I would find the P&R platform very useful if I needed to make many train journeys.

But why would you get the train from Yatton to portway Parkway? What would be the point?

And portray Parkway is on the CNX while Yatton is on the MLN1, you have to go through bristol temple meads to get there so defeats the object of parking there for commuting into the centre

• Like 1