IGNORED

Portway park and ride

Andy thomas

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

But why would you get the train from Yatton to portway Parkway? What would be the point?

And portray Parkway is on the CNX while Yatton is on the MLN1, you have to go through bristol temple meads to get there so defeats the object of parking there for commuting into the centre

I don’t think anyone is likely to get a train from Yatton to the Portway P&R.

That isn’t the point that I was trying to make.

Many people only see a P&R with a bus link.

You stated: “I dont understand the need for a station there ether”

Whilst the P&R provides a large car park right next to the railway line, which is less than a mile from the motorway, does it not make sense to utilise it?

It provides another option for transportation into Bristol, or onto a multitude of other places, (including Yatton which, as I said, I chose because it is my nearest railway station).

Parking at the P&R also negates the need to drive into the clean air zone.

It will also be possible to park there and get a direct train to Parson Street, (useful for a visit to the Three Lions before a match!!!)

As to your reference to CNX and MLN1, I have no idea what your point is or what you mean.

Edited by Redtucks
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Monkeh said:

Err what's Yatton got to do with Portway Parkway station, they aren't even on the same line, you'd have to change at temple meads to do that journey so kinda defeats the object,

Unless they've build a direct line to portray from Yatton in the last 24 hours

You don’t need to change at TM. There is an hourly train from Severn Beach to WSM and vice versa. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, glynriley said:

You don’t need to change at TM. There is an hourly train from Severn Beach to WSM and vice versa. 

I never said you did, I said if you were travelling by train from Yatton, why would you then use portway Parkway

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

I never said you did, I said if you were travelling by train from Yatton, why would you then use portway Parkway

You said

Err what's Yatton got to do with Portway Parkway station, they aren't even on the same line, you'd have to change at temple meads to do that

As I say, you don’t. I know because I’ve just caught that train home. Started in WSM and will go through Yatton and Portway P&R on route to Severn Beach. 

• Thanks 1

On 27/07/2023 at 16:06, Ska Junkie said:

I use it for every home match, a really good service and stress free. I usually aim for half 1 and don't wait long plus it's really easy to get out and no worries about parking.

I've used the Bris P&R and the bus to Ashton Gate is a dream, really easy.

However, the journey back I've found the complete opposite. By the time I've got out the back row of the South Stand, the buses are either jam packed, gone, or stuck in the traffic trying to get away from the ground, and then I'm waiting around for a loooong time! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beaverface said:

I've used the Bris P&R and the bus to Ashton Gate is a dream, really easy.

However, the journey back I've found the complete opposite. By the time I've got out the back row of the South Stand, the buses are either jam packed, gone, or stuck in the traffic trying to get away from the ground, and then I'm waiting around for a loooong time! 

I still don’t understand why they don’t use the stop on the cricket pitch side of the road. Far less traffic congestion and safe pedestrian underpass access from the Ground.

Probably the bloke that manages the specials bus stops is the same one that controls use of LA P&R.