IGNORED

Auto electrician needed

54-46

My car alarm keeps going off at random times with no logical reason as far as I can tell

I’ve even started leaving it unlocked but of course after a few minutes it automatically locks itself and sets the alarm and I’m back to square one!

So can anyone recommend a decent auto electrician please?  I’m waiting for replies from a few places I found online but the issue is getting worse and don’t want to annoy my neighbours too much so am currently resorting to disconnecting the battery every night!

Thanks 

1 hour ago, 54-46 said:

My car alarm keeps going off at random times with no logical reason as far as I can tell

I’ve even started leaving it unlocked but of course after a few minutes it automatically locks itself and sets the alarm and I’m back to square one!

So can anyone recommend a decent auto electrician please?  I’m waiting for replies from a few places I found online but the issue is getting worse and don’t want to annoy my neighbours too much so am currently resorting to disconnecting the battery every night!

Thanks 

Have you tried putting a new battery in your key fob(know loads of people who had that problem and the alarm would just keep going off until they changed it)if it’s not a key fob car then god knows

Edited by joe jordans teeth
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Have you tried putting a new battery in your key fob(know loads of people who had that problem and the alarm would just keep going off until they changed it)if it’s not a key fob car then god knows

Father in law just mentioned this, will give it a go tomorrow. Thanks 

It can also be a split door seal. Car alarms tend to work on ‘air movement’ and a split door seal can set this off. 

However if you’d like an auto-electrician, then you can get in touch with Diagnostic Dave. His name isn’t Dave by the way!

https://www.diagnosticdaveltd.co.uk/

Or you can use a reputable garage found on this website:

https://trustmygarage.co.uk/

• Like 1

Thanks for replies. 

I popped into Timpsons earlier and got a new battery in my key - the chap tested my old battery and confirmed it was near enough dead. 

New battery for £16 and car has been outside my house for over an hour and, so far, all seems good.

Still no clue how a dying battery in the key can make the alarm go off mind!!

2 hours ago, 54-46 said:

Thanks for replies. 

I popped into Timpsons earlier and got a new battery in my key - the chap tested my old battery and confirmed it was near enough dead. 

New battery for £16 and car has been outside my house for over an hour and, so far, all seems good.

Still no clue how a dying battery in the key can make the alarm go off mind!!

I’ve no idea how you’ve managed to pay £16 for a battery for a car key? You could of popped into the pound shop and got a packet of various sizes.

21 minutes ago, Pearsonistheman said:

I’ve no idea how you’ve managed to pay £16 for a battery for a car key? You could of popped into the pound shop and got a packet of various sizes.

True. But was in Tesco and the whole thing has been doing my head in so thought why not

In other news, it’s just started going off again!!!

1 hour ago, 54-46 said:

True. But was in Tesco and the whole thing has been doing my head in so thought why not

In other news, it’s just started going off again!!!

Most car fobs have a way of turning the alarm off, for instance if you have a pet inside. It might be pressing a button twice or a separate button but you should be able to do it.