IGNORED

Agricultural Tackle

Genghis Khan's pants

7 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

It always seems worse to me at those levels when players have to go to work the following day, they could cost people a lot of money.

Amazing how many of those challenges only got a yellow card or even no card at all. 

Also can be worse because people know each other, there’s feuds and personal issues that make it onto the pitch probably far more than you’d see on the professional game.

Also lack of any real “policing” if it kicks off the ref will just stand back or walk away ? Worst I remember was when one lad made a racist comment that everyone heard except the ref apparently. Next time that lad got the ball he was hit so hard by a two footed tackle that I’m surprised he ever walked again. The ref, realising his previous mistake, said he didn’t see it ?

No brawl though, the other team said he deserved it and nothing more was done. 

• Like 1

On 03/12/2022 at 23:11, spudski said:

The term has been used many times before over the years. In various sports.

In OZ... aggro- cultural means aggressive and was used in commentary over there. 

Heard it in cricket and golf mostly.

As in stroke/ swing or action was ' aggricultural.

I believe it has its origins in engineering. If a machine was built in a basic, functional and no frills way it was described as agricultural because at that time most framing machinery was like that. Since then, it has morphed into sport etc describing anything which is not elegant

• Like 2