IGNORED

Max O’Leary

Davefevs

Is 9 games long enough to reach a view that Max is now no1?

image.thumb.png.cae9bbeb5217b9f13ca1dc2167d3c909.png

9 games played, 2 clean sheets, just 9 conceded…some decent saves amongst it.

Needs to improve his kicking a bit, but he looks assured, and importantly his defence look confident in him.

Is Bajic ready enough to gamble on trying to move Bentley on in January?  Wiles-Richards and Buse behind him.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Needs to improve his kicking a bit, but he looks assured, and importantly his defence look confident in him.

Is Bajic ready enough to gamble on trying to move Bentley on in January?  Wiles-Richards and Buse behind him.

Yes we should trust Bajic and if poss, move Bentley on.

• Hmmm 1

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

iIs kicking is erratic, it varies from Fielding like to Schmeichel like in the same game. His throwing and quick distribution after set plays is very good though.

• Like 3

I think given it’s still a bit tight with the money… I’d be tempted to move Bentley on. No doubt a risk but Max looks very steady, probably shaded MoM today with a collection of catches and saves. 

We just have to trust the recruitment in Bajic, and certainly not judge him on a disappointing night against Lincoln where we weren’t at it. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Is there away to show where he takes touches of the ball? I think what sets him apart is he  really is a sweeper keeper - When we have the ball he is part of the defensive line, steps up and is proactive. He has touches in RB and LB positions at times, he basically gives passing options in a way an outfield player would. 

16 minutes ago, BCFC Rich said:

Is there away to show where he takes touches of the ball? I think what sets him apart is he  really is a sweeper keeper - When we have the ball he is part of the defensive line, steps up and is proactive. He has touches in RB and LB positions at times, he basically gives passing options in a way an outfield player would. 

8A166DA7-D4C0-4AF1-B884-CE1883142801.jpeg.e572f400335a0cd36ff17022b4e0d05a.jpeg

96FD5012-9420-4046-AC59-DEE0F5A33E7A.jpeg.8c581aa33a236ac4bbcb8e4a526d1ec2.jpeg
Not including today…that’s all their passes this season (league only).

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Nice to see max doing well,,, bajic, after that lincoln game looks exactly what i hoped he wouldnt be, flapping and lacking  authority… for a team who let so many goals in from set pieces and close range in general, i would have hoped for a bigger stronger keeper to come in,,, the dutch keeper in the world cup has played most of his career in the 2nd division in holland,, he would have been great 2 years ago, obviously now completely out of our league!

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Not sure he did much wrong against Lincoln.

Thought he was really weak for the third & possibility could have come out further for the one that Low messed up, but that’s maybe a little harsh.

Back to Max, provided he was happy to stay I always thought he was ideal as one of our two main keepers, looks like he has a great opportunity to become first choice over the rest of this season.

• Like 1

Just now, Red-Al said:

I didn't go to the Lincoln game,but according to the commentary on RB he was awful,

I don’t agree.  Got beaten by a screamer, a one on one after Low lost it. No chance on their third.

Not saying he did great, but there was nothing in his performance to say he was awful.  That’s just based on number of goals conceded, a poor team performance overall, combo of both.  My view is that there wasn’t enough in that game to really form an opinion.

• Like 6

Just now, Port Said Red said:

My understanding is that Max was on his way to be number one elsewhere, until Bajic turned up injured. 

That injury might have done us a big favour.

Exeter I reckon.  Max and Matt Taylor (now Millers manager) had a very long chat with each other after the friendly.  Reckon they were hoping Bajic would come back sooner.

As you say, done us a favour.

• Like 4

Another example for us all in that players can and should improve the more they play and train.

So many are quick to label a player “league one at best” or similar after seeing them for one or two games like that’s as good as they’re likely to get.

I’m certainly good with him at number one but am happy to let Nige decide if others behind him are good enough back up as I’ve not seen them enough.

I’d like to think Bajic has enough about him to be not far off.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Davefevs said:

96FD5012-9420-4046-AC59-DEE0F5A33E7A.jpeg.8c581aa33a236ac4bbcb8e4a526d1ec2.jpeg

Dave, I'm guessing those touches near the edge of the box are in the warm up or changing ends :thumbsup:

We could do with someone showing interest in Bentley this Window. Don't want another to walk on a free really.  
I'm with you on Bajic, I didn't go V Lincoln so can only go by highlights and I don't think he was at fault. Then again it's the way of things to blame the keeper. I remember Max getting crucified during his run last year where we did concede a lot. I thought he was at fault for maybe one, but he got abuse for the whole defence .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

It did us a favour alright. Bentley has been conceding goals for fun this season......and not great ones either.

I always think the term "confidence player" is used incorrectly much of the time, mainly because I think confidence is 90% of every players game. But there are definitely those who can work through a crisis in confidence, but it's much harder for a goalkeeper and it seems someone like Bentley is one of those.