IGNORED

Stoke & WBA

Dolman_Stand

• Admin
2 hours ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Not seen it on here already so apologies if already discussed but both games are on the Red Button, the Stoke one is a bit odd given its a Saturday 3pm KO?

46 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Couple of the Championship games Saturday just gone were on the red button. Also 3 o clock kicks offs which haven't seen before.

A special agreement was made for when the World Cup was still on

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Super said:

Why?

Because over half the home games this year have been available via legal TV subscriptions we already have. If the only way we could see games meant we had to travel to AG we would. As is, sitting in comfort of home, watching the racing then footy then an immediate night out doing whatever,  rather than 3-4 hours each way, trying to source parking and £80 worth of petrol, its a no-brainer.

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, BTRFTG said:

Because over half the home games this year have been available via legal TV subscriptions we already have. If the only way we could see games meant we had to travel to AG we would. As is, sitting in comfort of home, watching the racing then footy then an immediate night out doing whatever,  rather than 3-4 hours each way, trying to source parking and £80 worth of petrol, its a no-brainer.

Let's be honest if you wanted to watch the games on TV it is very easily done now, there are those that are happy to watch on TV but equally those that prefer to go to the actual games

Nothing new in comparing to purchasing a season card

• Like 5

20 hours ago, phantom said:

Let's be honest if you wanted to watch the games on TV it is very easily done now, there are those that are happy to watch on TV but equally those that prefer to go to the actual games

Nothing new in comparing to purchasing a season card

I'm not one for breaking the law and, yes, things have changed.  Saturday 3pm fixtures on Sky for starters.

Start of the season we buy STs because that's pretty much the only way (supposedly) we can watch matches. Money banked the club moves games and announces games for broadcast. It used to be the odd game each season, its now more than half those games purchased.

Folks will do as they like but this mugs had enough and won't renew. I know, too, that's the the thin end of the wedge, of losing interest as quite a few games done in recent years I wouldn't have bothered had I not already had a ticket. Of interest to City is our empty seats in the Dolman next term won't be paid for, nor able to be announced as attendees. Its become a standing joke this year, it'll get worse next.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

I'm not one for breaking the law and, yes, things have changed.  Saturday 3pm fixtures on Sky for starters.

Start of the season we buy STs because that's pretty much the only way (supposedly) we can watch matches. Money banked the club moves games and announces games for broadcast. It used to be the odd game each season, its now more than half those games purchased.

Folks will do as they like but this mugs had enough and won't renew. I know, too, that's the the thin end of the wedge, of losing interest as quite a few games done in recent years I wouldn't have bothered had I not already had a ticket. Of interest to City is our empty seats in the Dolman next term won't be paid for, nor able to be announced as attendees. Its become a standing joke this year, it'll get worse next.

A one-off due to the World Cup.

On 13/12/2022 at 12:38, BTRFTG said:

Personally, watching City means being at the match, for me. Don't especially enjoy watching it on TV and it's the whole match day experience that I like. (Although I'll admit I question that myself watching a fairly tedious second half at Rotherham with my toes freezing off).

The other plus of your watching it at home that you haven't mentioned is you'll be able to get that Tesla - and not have to worry about where you recharge it. ?

48 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Personally, watching City means being at the match, for me. Don't especially enjoy watching it on TV and it's the whole match day experience that I like. (Although I'll admit I question that myself watching a fairly tedious second half at Rotherham with my toes freezing off).

The other plus of your watching it at home that you haven't mentioned is you'll be able to get that Tesla - and not have to worry about where you recharge it. ?

Wholly agree about being at the game, but there's no longer anything remotely enjoyable about a matchday experience spent largely in gridlock, visiting a City that hates visitors and, of late, seemingly starring in Trains, Planes & Automobiles just to get there. Even a couple of hours with mates in the boozer doesn't compensate for the grief endured. 

On a positive note, I don't have to pretend to show faux, green credentials by driving an EV. Not travelling is as green as it gets. NB: should I ever get an EV, the local planners in this 'heritage' conservation area aren't approving of external charging points, as they aren't of solar panels, solar hot water systems, energy efficient glazing, thermal cladding, external condensers or anything that might detract from the bucolic vista of the inner-city horse access on which I live. Now't so two-faced as planners 

Edited by BTRFTG

6 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Wholly agree about being at the game, but there's no longer anything remotely enjoyable about a matchday experience spent largely in gridlock, visiting a City that hates visitors and, of late, seemingly starring in Trains, Planes & Automobiles just to get there. Even a couple of hours with mates in the boozer doesn't compensate for the grief endured. 

On a positive note, I don't have to pretend to show faux, green credentials by driving an EV. Not travelling is as green as it gets. NB: should I ever get an EV, the local planners in this 'heritage' conservation area aren't approving of external charging points, as they aren't of solar panels, solar hot water systems, energy efficient glazing, thermal cladding, external condensers or anything that might detract from the bucolic vista of the inner-city horse access on which I live. Now't so two-faced as planners 

…. support the planners. The desecration caused by insensitive developers/property owners to our historic built and natural environment is obscene. 

If we can get a man on the moon, we can get an internal electric car recharger cable holder that doesn’t look like a friggin oversized illuminated hose reel. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, RedRock said:

…. support the planners. The desecration caused by insensitive developers/property owners to our historic built and natural environment is obscene. 

If we can get a man on the moon, we can get an internal electric car recharger cable holder that doesn’t look like a friggin oversized illuminated hose reel. 

Here in Greenwich planners approve all sorts of hideous eyesores (usually accompanied by brown envelopes,) yet are wholly unsympathetic to folks attempting to make modern use of unremarkable buildings that are of little or no importance. My gaff is a fine example of as bog-standard a late 1920s terrace as one might source, but because of its individual foibles (constructed by a noted local builder,) it's location between 17th C coach houses, Corbusier & FLW copies and brutalist 60's modernism, all on a 'country lane', its 'group eclectic aesthetic' is not for amending in their eyes. Not even when they attempt to cajole me into installing solar under their Borough wide sustainability procurement.

Great, where do I sign up?

Oh, you live where? Sorry, you can't apply on that road.

Edited by BTRFTG

1 hour ago, BTRFTG said:

Fair point: my journey to the Gate is a relatively straightforward 15 mins from Portishead - although even that can test the patience at times. I spent several seasons in my younger days making the journey from Brighton and then from South London every week - but I suspect it was a more pleasant trip then. 

4 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

Bye bye!