IGNORED

Stoke City at home match thread

39 minutes ago, Blagdon red said:

Yep, really good write-up, thanks.

Picking hairs, one slight correction re Peter Coates' involvement with Signal Radio (as it was called at launch). Having joined the pre-launch team there in summer 1983 (moving from Radio West), I would say that's wrong to call Peter the 'founder'. He may well have been one of the many shareholders and even a non-exec director, but he was not chairman in the first few years. He only took up that role some time later. So, I don't think it can be said that he 'founded' the station. He's certainly done a lot of good for Stoke as a place, though, over the years.

Thank you BR I stand corrected 

14 hours ago, RedM said:

Stoke still give their fans free coach travel so I think they will bring a few.

Have popped in the cider press glos rd for some breakfast on the way to football…..told by the barman that 50 Stoke fans are due any minute. Coach just turned up, 50 knuckle-draggers have now swamped the place……will neck the brekki before I get a rendition of dalilah!

4 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

Have popped in the cider press glos rd for some breakfast on the way to football…..told by the barman that 50 Stoke fans are due any minute. Coach just turned up, 50 knuckle-draggers have now swamped the place……will neck the brekki before I get a rendition of dalilah!

If they start necking the cider before midday, there could well be no toilet block for  our Welsh friends to destroy on the 8th.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, RedRaw said:

Why?  . . . . why? . . . why?

Give them a rendition of  "Drink up thy zider" in return.

Edited by Bazooka Joe
2 hours ago, RedRaw said:

Sing goodnight Irene, they'll love you. Probably buy your brekki. ?

• Haha 2