IGNORED

Semenyo sale

Ivorguy

1 minute ago, Ivorguy said:

Realistically how much would you pay for him.

I really am puzzled that clubs said to be interested rate him so highly.

Please sell and get us a goal scoring centre forward to support Conway.

What a “goal scoring forward” like Wells?

• Like 12

Semenyo isn't great technically and his football intelligence needs work, but these are things that he can work and improve on.

What he does have is pace and power and they are things that can't be taught.

I really do think there is a good player in there and i would like to see him develop further with us, but he could be one we trade if the offer is right

• Like 4

I'm not convinced we'll get any hard bids but it's time to move him on. I don't know whether he's believed all the hype that surrounded him or not but his performances have lacked composure and been far short of the standards required. I'd be bringing Sam Bell on. He may not have the power of Semenyo but he's as quick and looks much more a natural goalscorer. 

I would like Bell to kick on too but realistically he hasn't really taken any of the chances he's had so far. TC really made an impression but Bell has been a bit anonymous when he's come on. I wonder if making him play at RWB before set him back from a confidence point of view.

Edited by robin_unreliant

An unpopular opinion maybe but i feel he has been vastly over-rated by many of our fanbase. I feel Conway is much the better prospect, he has everything for me and his footballing intelligence is far superior to Semenyo.

I think if we can get anything over £3m for Semenyo we should be happy IMO.

• Like 16

29 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I'm not convinced we'll get any hard bids but it's time to move him on. I don't know whether he's believed all the hype that surrounded him or not but his performances have lacked composure and been far short of the standards required. I'd be bringing Sam Bell on. He may not have the power of Semenyo but he's as quick and looks much more a natural goalscorer. 

I wouldn’t sell him on the cheap just because he is out of form. He is an international now so will want to regain that form. Certain we should wait until the summer to move him, and see if he can regain some form before the end of the season, as I don’t see any large bids coming in for him in Jan.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

An unpopular opinion maybe but i feel he has been vastly over-rated by many of our fanbase. I feel Conway is much the better prospect, he has everything for me and his footballing intelligence is far superior to Semenyo.

Agree, Conway looks so hungry willing to learn, growing in confidence and improving so fast.

Our best asset, sadly don't think he will be with us much longer.

5 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

Very reactionary after a poor result (not just you but many others as well). £3m is peanuts for a modern striker who has just played in the World Cup. Semenyo has pace, power and is relatively new to the professional game. the lad is going to get better and better. If he was touted at £3m, half the Championship would put bids in never mind the likes of Palace. It does make me laugh though, if he scores a screamer v WBA, his value on here will be £50m again ?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

It’s an obvious solution for a cash-strapped club like us: sell Semenyo to the highest bidder, reinvest in our weakest areas. 

The problem we have IMO is Semenyo’s gone massively off the boil with the distraction of the World Cup. He thinks he’s better than he is. 

• Like 3

I think, irrespective of what your value of him is, the undoubted fact is that Antoine is playing below his ceiling now. Whether you think that he’s being played tactically wrong, or he’s playing within himself is the broader question. 

The player that destroyed teams like Cardiff last year is a £10m plus striker. The curent version is 1/3 at best of that. So, if you’re buying do you think it’s firm or attitude - and that drives the fee

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

I don't know what has happened to the Semenyo of early 2021. He was absolutely fantastic and impossible to play against

I think he has possibly tried to bulk up too much and that has affected his control, movement and pace

I had high hopes for him but he never had control and hasn’t improved that bit at all and at the age he is now you would of hoped he would 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

I wouldn’t sell him on the cheap just because he is out of form. He is an international now so will want to regain that form. Certain we should wait until the summer to move him, and see if he can regain some form before the end of the season, as I don’t see any large bids coming in for him in Jan.

Agree.  We need a big bid to make the kind of squad changes required.  £3m as suggested isn’t worth doing.  You keep him, either get him to sign a new contract because interest has waned, or sell in the summer.  In the meantime you try to get him firing again.  He is an undoubted talent, but someone who’s come back from a “broken” shin (or akin to that)…and not playing with confidence.

• Like 1

Nakhi Wells last season ? Maybe nothing.

Pring last season? Maybe nothing.

The manager has now seen fit to play both and they are valuable players.

Perhaps a new manager gets to utilise Semenyo who is a very very good player and his value is double or treble to what it is now under Nige. IMO.

2 hours ago, Edgy Red said:

Semenyo isn't great technically and his football intelligence needs work, but these are things that he can work and improve on.

What he does have is pace and power and they are things that can't be taught.

I really do think there is a good player in there and i would like to see him develop further with us, but he could be one we trade if the offer is right

Pace and power can be taught , well improved at least baffles me when this old cliche get’s banded about …

10 hours ago, robin_unreliant said:

I would like Bell to kick on too but realistically he hasn't really taken any of the chances he's had so far. TC really made an impression but Bell has been a bit anonymous when he's come on. I wonder if making him play at RWB before set him back from a confidence point of view.

In fairness to Sam Bell, he’s either been played at RWB (he’s not a defender) or come on for 5 mins or so as a kill a bit of time substitution. He needs a run of games, maybe a loan move would have been better from that perspective. Unless you’ve watched him in the U23s then I don’t anyone from a fans perspective can write him off. 

The trouble is with our fans is a player has 2 good games and their world beaters , some times it’s down to management to drag those players in have a talk and get their feet back on the ground ,Semenyo has power and pace but lacks control both on the ball and off ,his direct running should cause more problems but he lacks a finish and until he gets the attitude right as well he’s not worth a **** to anyone but it’s not just him , we as fans bigged up massengo and for what ever reason ( poor management I would say ) the kids not worth a carrot and the same thing is going to happen to Alec Scott -so in my eyes it’s all down to the management 

Edited by Magger1