IGNORED

Cameron Pring

BCFCGav

10 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

With the possibility of another relegation scrap looking very plausible, let’s take a look at a positive.

I think many of us can feel a bit smug about Pring, I heard many calling for his inclusion when he was being left out and now he has his spot back (initially at LCB and now in his preferred LWB role) he’s doing very well. A goal and an assist since the restart, and no defensive issues that I recall. 24 years old so still young, and under contract to 2024 with a years option. Productive full backs are a valuable asset today, he could make us some serious money one day. Or stay and help us out on the pitch. Win win - good work Cam.

Why the need to feel smug? That suggests a them vs us attitude. 

Surely it's a case of, like Vyner, he has taken the kick up the ass and pushed on. 

At 24 he really can't be considered "young" he should have established himself by now. 

6 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Why the need to feel smug? That suggests a them vs us attitude. 

Surely it's a case of, like Vyner, he has taken the kick up the ass and pushed on. 

At 24 he really can't be considered "young" he should have established himself by now. 

I actually worded it like that as a criticism of Pearson rather than portions of the fanbase. Like Atkinson, it seemed an unnecessary exile to the detriment of the team. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

I actually worded it like that as a criticism of Pearson rather than portions of the fanbase. Like Atkinson, it seemed an unnecessary exile to the detriment of the team. 

Or maybe excellent man management which gave Pring the kick up the backside needed to provide the performances he has recently?

33 minutes ago, grifty said:

Or maybe excellent man management which gave Pring the kick up the backside needed to provide the performances he has recently?

Not for me I'm afraid. You should be able to motivate players without leaving them in the wilderness for months. He's a talented youth academy product and that was wasted time. We hardly shone on the pitch with him gone. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

Did very well for the goal but not too sure about how good he was passing wise yesterday. @Davefevs any stats? I thought he was the worst on our team for it yesterday. 

I chose Weimann, Scott as well as Pring.

One because he’s the opposite WB, the other because he was the more creative of our 3 MFs.

What is interesting is how high up the pitch most of Cam’s passes were.

BF99F2FF-298D-4D8D-BD30-8858C2678C88.jpeg.58a8cab8d61124ffee0d6b65400d9ebd.jpeg

8235DD95-9E95-4A68-B769-652BA4262A90.jpeg.cdb319edaa5a6b234ff793f38c474949.jpeg

C40A038C-4C2D-48E1-B6AE-1A02BC12D4FC.jpeg.b2c5f26f485e851f2faa20a92a69a514.jpeg

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I still can't believe that the Stoke fullback fell for that "parks football truck". Gesture to an invisible team mate on your right, then dip the shoulder and go left. :facepalm:

that’s because he’s a Centre Forward…not just Nige who plays players in unfamiliar positions.  FWIW I thought Andi had a really decent game there until he was moved to play in the hole.