IGNORED

Alex Scott

wayne allisons tongues

31 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

For the amount of minutes he has played this season, I can’t see what he brings to the team currently.

Keeps getting booked on the verge of a second ban this season, 

HNM personally I think does as much work as him and doesn’t get booked as much and is constantly slated on here. I feel as he’s come through the youth team he seems to get off lightly from criticism.

Are we playing him in the wrong role at the moment and are not getting the best out of him, seems like we are playing with 10 men sometimes when he’s on the pitch.

I was hoping after the summer and him playing for England that he was tired and the rest from the the World Cup would of helped but seems to be playing the same.

Truly bizarre comment.

He was MOM contender at Rotherham. He’s got bags of technical ability, wins fouls in good areas, moves the ball well with good delivery into the box. 

He also gets stuck in to win and doesn’t shirk a tackle, not afraid to take one for the team either though sometimes a bit rash

• Like 6
  • Flames 1

Scott and HNM are totally different players. Whilst both are regarded as midfielders, Scott is so talented and has such a high level of football intelligence that he can - and he does - play in different positions.

I saw him last week at the Rotherham match and he wasn’t at his best, but he was still so obviously the best player on the pitch. He nearly scored (yes he will need to up his game & score more goals) and he provided the assist for Pring’s header.

I rate HNM who has potential but Scott is on a different level & in my humble view is almost certainly going to have a good (and lucrative) career in the Premier League. The longer we hang on to him the more he will be worth.

I agree he will thrive in a better team but he’s still superb in a very mediocre Bristol City 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

This is one of those “when we lose everyone is shit” posts, isn’t it?

When Scott is playing in the Prem in 2024 I expect the same poster will be saying that we should never have sold him & should have built our team around him.

He’s probably the best teenager I can recall ever playing for us in my 50+ years of supporting but even he has occasional off days.

Not probably, actually?

33 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Truly bizarre comment.

He was MOM contender at Rotherham. He’s got bags of technical ability, wins fouls in good areas, moves the ball well with good delivery into the box. 

He also gets stuck in to win and doesn’t shirk a tackle, not afraid to take one for the team either though sometimes a bit rash

I think in many games he has been one of only two or three looking for positive moves. It's usually him and Conway who have been worth watching, and one of any of the rest. Yesterday I thought Pring looked like he had the right idea too.

Never mind perhaps losing Semenyo in the window, Scott and/or Conway will be a bigger loss as far as I'm concerned. We look a lesser team when one or the other leave the pitch.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

For the amount of minutes he has played this season, I can’t see what he brings to the team currently.

HNM personally I think does as much work as him and doesn’t get booked as much and is constantly slated on here. I feel as he’s come through the youth team he seems to get off lightly from criticism.

Are we playing him in the wrong role at the moment and are not getting the best out of him, seems like we are playing with 10 men sometimes when he’s on the pitch.

I was hoping after the summer and him playing for England that he was tired and the rest from the the World Cup would of helped but seems to be playing the same.

Rarely do this but.

FFS 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

Really bizarre comment.  

Would be really interested to know what you think HNM actually brings to the side?  

He looked promising when he first came here and was busy and had good energy, but he’s really gone backwards and about the only thing he’s maintained is his ‘massive’ hair!

I can’t think of anything he actually excells in, or adds to the side when he’s on the pitch and is way behind in Alex Scott in terms of end product or potential imho.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

Really bizarre comment.  

Would be really interested to know what you think HNM actually brings to the side?  

He looked promising when he first came here and was busy and had good energy, but he’s really gone backwards and about the only thing he’s maintained is his ‘massive’ hair!

I can’t think of anything he actually excells in, or adds to the side when he’s on the pitch and is way behind in Alex Scott in terms of end product or potential imho.

If you read  my comment I said HNM does as much work as Scott, but gets belters on here for lack of end product. 

Scott has played 2nd most minutes I think for us this season and has 4 assists, I think only 3 from open play. For a player who has a lot of talent and ability to only have 3 assists all season from  open play is a disappointing return. 
Weimann has more assists this season from open play. 

People are saying Scott is worth £20 million and heading for the premier league but personally at the moment think he isn’t producing enough end product for someone with such talent.

Is the formation we are playing holding him back or he just isn’t performing at the moment and not producing the end product he should be.

29 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

If you read  my comment I said HNM does as much work as Scott, but gets belters on here for lack of end product. 

Scott has played 2nd most minutes I think for us this season and has 4 assists, I think only 3 from open play. For a player who has a lot of talent and ability to only have 3 assists all season from  open play is a disappointing return. 

People are saying Scott is worth £20 million and heading for the premier league but personally at the moment think he isn’t producing enough end product for someone with such talent.

Is the formation we are playing holding him back or he just isn’t performing at the moment and not producing the end product he should be.

Scott looked very good first half yesterday, though admittedly he faded badly second half.  Not really surprising though, considering Stoke’s cynical treatment of anyone who looked to be threatening them in any way in the 2nd half in particular.

In contrast, HNM seems incapable of putting in a meaningful goal attempt, has no pace, offers very little in terms of creative passing, and has no aerial presence.  Imho, the only real thing he offers in a nuisance factor to the opposition when he’s on his game.  That said, when he does win the ball, he’s more likely than not to hang on to it too long, get caught in posession and lose it again.

He’s certainly a frustrating player and is showing no sign of kicking on with us and looks to be be just another large wedge of money down the drain with precious litlle return when he does actually leave.

• Confused 1

56 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

He may have more assists if NP took the radical step of playing our best attacking player (goals & assists) upfront. 

Scott has shown huge maturity this season and holding a team together at his age, which appears to be sent out week after week, without any real game plan, with people regularly played out of position around him.

We will absolutely miss him massively when he goes and I bet for him, he can't get away from here soon enough - to his credit, you wouldn't know that by the way he plays. 

Yes, he does get booked too often, without doubt. 

I don't think that the shambles around him really helps on that front though. 

• Like 1

No doubt that Scott is our best player, that’s obvious. However he was a bit “all fur coat and no knickers” yesterday in particular. I understand that he’s a talented young player playing in a very ordinary team BUT for me the next step for him as a player is to do what he did at Rotherham more often and show the quality that makes the difference in the final third. For me he needs to drag us along by showing his quality in terms of assists and a few goals i.e affect the outcome of the game. He’s got that quality, let’s see a bit more of it in the opposition final third.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

I was hoping after the summer and him playing for England that he was tired and the rest from the the World Cup would have helped but seems to be playing the same.

******* hell. And they say I chat shit mind….

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, BrizzleRed said:

Really bizarre comment.  

Still rather him in team than james or williams .

• Sad 1

Why is it when we lose and play averagely then everyone starts slating our players? Hes no doubt been one of if not the best player this season, really fighting for the badge and giving it his all. Yes he gets booked often but id rather a 19 year old give it everything then a 32 year old on 20k per week doing **** all and not bothering. I hope he continues his ways and goes on to have a bright future, which he deserves.

12 hours ago, OliOTIB said:

Why is it when we lose and play averagely then everyone starts slating our players? Hes no doubt been one of if not the best player this season, really fighting for the badge and giving it his all. Yes he gets booked often but id rather a 19 year old give it everything then a 32 year old on 20k per week doing **** all and not bothering. I hope he continues his ways and goes on to have a bright future, which he deserves.

Imho…it’s called “having an edge”…and that is why he’s one of our better players.

1 hour ago, Mad Cyril said:

Before the break, Scott was the most fouled player in all 4 leagues.

If he gives a bit back then he gets my admiration. Rather have that than a nice guy who goes missing.

He is a fantastic player. So I agree with the original poster he shouldn't be playing for us.

Well said.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Some people watch football but don’t see.  Beggars belief that anyone would be criticising Scott. Anyone who quotes assist stats as proof of performance has a lot to learn 

Agree that stats are not the be all and end all but if you go up a couple of levels in quality a player like Bellingham, who Scott will no doubt be playing against next season, and is the same age has the stats anyway. It’s a fair comment to say that the next level for Scott to reach over looking a class above in a mediocre side is to add the game changing moments to his armoury. Could be the difference between joining a decent Prem club and a top one and will help us out too.

1 minute ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Had lunch in London today with a friend who has a Spurs season-ticket.  Alex Scott strongly linked with them apparently…

Rumour I heard on Saturday, which supposedly has links to Richard Gould, is that Scott is off to Spurs in the summer for £25 million. First part doesn’t surprise me although I would be amazed if we managed to get that much for him.

8 hours ago, Mad Cyril said:

Before the break, Scott was the most fouled player in all 4 leagues.

If he gives a bit back then he gets my admiration. Rather have that than a nice guy who goes missing.

He is a fantastic player. So I agree with the original poster he shouldn't be playing for us.

He is also the joint 2nd highest booked in the League (8 apparently). At what point does benefit outweigh cost etc.

I don't mean to the team, his overall benefit to the team is very clear but in terms of the yellow cards accumulating.