IGNORED

No-one on here Knows

I am very much in the Nige in camp  but like nearly everyone else have no knowledge of what goes on behind closed doors and why players are allowed on the bus or not. It does seem that NP is the boss and will not allow any player to undermine him, which we have been after a strong manager for years.

I am very frustrated over the HNM stance, he is a very good player who should be at the minimum on the bench as we are still paying his wages. It's nonsense to say someone who will be here next year goes ahead of him for that reason, if we get relegated by a point having Han on the bench could have made the marginal difference.

Have been calling for Pring for a long time as do not rate DaSilva, NP hinted some time ago about some issue he has with Pring, just glad he has for forced his way in and now difficult to drop.

You only have to look at Bakinson to see how you can be in 1 minute then banished the next, stating games playing well, given new contract  then I believe war of words must of happened and then he was out, never to play for us again.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Simon bristol said:

I wonder if leicester were actually winning at the time? 

pearson has done well at one club, and that was a long time ago, and its not bristol city. Hes poor, the club is poor, the players are mostly poor he should be gotten rid of but i have no faith that we will get anyone any better in, and even if we did, we have 2 or 3 actually good championship players and no money so we basically have no chance to do anything.

I think you’re getting into the Christmas spirit with a Bah Humbug feeling.  There must be something right 

2 hours ago, gl2 said:

Understand that but there are 2 sides to everything and that players views could well be affected if he is on the wrong/right side of the manager, so you are only getting his view not the whole picture

True, but one side of a picture is probably better than none at all…

4 hours ago, Simon bristol said:

I wonder if leicester were actually winning at the time? 

pearson has done well at one club, and that was a long time ago, and its not bristol city. Hes poor, the club is poor, the players are mostly poor he should be gotten rid of but i have no faith that we will get anyone any better in, and even if we did, we have 2 or 3 actually good championship players and no money so we basically have no chance to do anything.

It took a while for it all to click at Leicester. Just like it is here really. 

There was one season where it looked like Leicester were odds on for relegation. However generally they were playing well, but kept losing (sound familiar?) And then one day, it all clicked and then they survived and the rest is history. 

6 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

That comment from Schmeichel is the eye opener for many football fans who see a manager as the one with all the answers for everything. In other words, the players are robots doing exactly what the manager says.

That sort of relationship can only exist in organisations that do repetitive functions day in and day out. Where other employees are not deliberately trying to make one do the wrong thing every second of the working day. Even a ballet dancer makes mistakes while performing alongside everyone who wants it done accurately.

Whatever the game plan before the match, it can collapse within five seconds of the starting whistle because there are eleven nasty people pushing, kicking, chatting, cheating, abusing and playing in a totally unexpected formation.

Pearson is aiming for everyone in his squad to be able to react, think for themselves and organise/help team mates while being organised themselves by their own colleagues.

We haven't had a manager like this since Alan Dicks,Terry Cooper and maybe Joe Jordan first time, and coupled with the FFP restrictions for new recruitment, it's going to be a hard next five months.

I suppose we can probably draw some parallels with Wells and Schmeichel. Both were out of the team and both applied themselves correctly to win their place back. 

I believe LJ was the type of manager that you describe. He would micro manage everything and then as soon as something didn't go to plan, we were clueless. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I don’t think it’s - if you’re Pearson in you think he’s right in his treatment.  Of those of us that are Pearson in I think all of us expressed surprise at the number of 18s that didn’t contain Pring.  It’s not about thinking he’s right or wrong because we don’t know what’s going on.  We sometimes hear snippets and add that to our thoughts.  Just because I’m “Pearson In” doesn’t mean I would choose to do exactly the same things as he would.  Nor should “Pearson Out” mean everything has to be viewed as wrong or his fault.  That is what is so weird about OTIB.

Re Pring, we can look at it in hindsight and say one thing:

- he’s come back into the side playing really well

and what we should be asking is:

- is the credit down to Cam, Nige, a combo of both, and / or

- could the same improvement have been made by a different method, e.g. playing him through the “development period” (my words to generalise his time out of the team)

As you know I’m Pearson In…and I don’t think it was right.  But I also think there’s been a massive overreaction too.

That’s really the question I ask above….is there a different way of developing the player into what you want from them, which from the outside looking in, appears to keep them part of the group?

There will be fans who are anti Pearson who will say why wasn’t Pring playing, look how good he is.  And there will be Pro Pearson saying he’s good now because of Pearson.  You might not fall into the former but many do.  Personally I find it all a bit bizarre but the proof will be in the pudding.  If we improve then fair enough and credit will be due. This squad is too good for a relegation battle so it shouldn’t come to that, for me 

• Hmmm 1

2 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

This squad is too good for a relegation battle so it shouldn’t come to that, for me 

This squad isn’t too good at all imho.  But a first team of the better players playing most weeks is.  That’s a subtle difference.  Our squad is weak(er) overall, but it has just about enough good players to cover the not so good.

All imho.

It’s why when a couple of key players are out we look a different outfit.

If I genuinely could pick a best eleven of fit players, I think this “kind of” side is capable of mid-table easily…

Bentley or O’Leary (take your pick)

Kalas Naismith Atkinson

Tanner James Scott Pring

Weimann

Wells Semenyo 

The players in bold have either been injured and / or out of form.  Hence some of our woes.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

This squad isn’t too good at all imho.  But a first team of the better players playing most weeks is.  That’s a subtle difference.  Our squad is weak(er) overall, but it has just about enough good players to cover the not so good.

All imho.

If I genuinely could pick a best eleven of fit players, I think this “kind of” side is capable of mid-table easily…

Kalas Naismith Atkinson

Tanner James Scott Pring

Weimann

Wells Semenyo 

The players in bold have either been injured and / or out of form.  Hence some of our woes.

Vyner, Conway, Massengo, Williams can all come in for those players in bold and the standard doesn’t drop hugely, if at all.  Pearson chooses to stick to a back 5 when we only have 3 actual defenders that he seems happy to pick. That’s his decision.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, And Its Smith said:

Vyner, Conway, Massengo, Williams can all come in for those players in bold and the standard doesn’t drop hugely, if at all.  Pearson chooses to stick to a back 5 when we only have 3 actual defenders that he seems happy to pick. That’s his decision.  

Yep, sort of agree.  I’d love to have Kalas back just to see if he can be the influence I think he can be (without the burden of an armband).  A firing Kalas could make such a huge difference I reckon. 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

It was a fairly weak joke tbh.

I am not remotely ITK.

Well, as far as I'm concerned, that makes you fully qualified to take over the running of our beloved club.

(Seriously though, I guessed you were only joking, which is I made reference to "bottom" in my previous post. Nothing wrong with having a bit of fun on here, especially with the way things are going at the moment).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Well, as far as I'm concerned, that makes you fully qualified to take over the running of our beloved club.

(Seriously though, I guessed you were only joking, which is I made reference to "bottom" in my previous post. Nothing wrong with having a bit of fun on here, especially with the way things are going at the moment).

I missed that reference. Doh!

On 20/12/2022 at 14:38, Davefevs said:

All imho.

Kalas Naismith Atkinson

Tanner James Scott Pring

Weimann

Wells Semenyo 

We continue to leak soft goals but that back 3/5 is more than good enough - the challenge of course, is getting them all fit and confident