IGNORED

Dean Holden

GrahamC

10 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

New Charlton manager.

Bit surprised he’s got a job that big after failing to land the Rotherham & Exeter gigs, but there you go.

Be interested to see how he gets on, they should be doing far better in the third tier.

Wish him well. Good bloke but the City job was too big for him, as is subsequently being proved.

• Like 2

Good for him. We had some good performances early on under him and it was clear in interviews that he thinks a lot about the game. I think the major issue with us was that too many things went wrong that season for a new inexperienced manager to cope with and it all slid out of control. A bit more luck at Charlton and he might actually do okay. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Heavily rumoured to be the new Charlton boss. The fans, not that they have been gruntled to this point, appear to be relatively disgruntled…

"Awful manager with a crap style of play" How the bloody hell would they know anything about his management capabilities and style of play?!?

A surprise appointment, seems to be driven by the DoF according to their forum? Their views seem to range from disappointment to apathy which I guess isn’t a surprise. 

I’ve not considered him as the top position and thought he might stay in the coaching and supporting roles now, but fair enough for giving it a go. 

Clearly a decent man but glad his time as head coach is long gone; something that really never should have happened (rigorous process flash backs!). 

Edited by One Team

the BBC commentator who follows The Addicks was interviewed by Radio Briz prior to the Rovers game. I'm surprised Dean has accepted the job after what the beeb said. 

The fans are fed up with the board. Nothing new but it is far worse than normal apparently. Apathy is rife. Their previous manager was given no support by the board etc.

One thing the commentator said though was that despite all the sackings and ill feeling etc, there will always be a professional manager wanting the job. 

25 minutes ago, Coxy27 said:

No one would be happy if he was appointed here though would they - in fact, everyone was livid when he was.

Can totally see why Charlton fans would be incredibly underwhelmed.

In fairness we were when he got the job here. But that was after 6 weeks of intensive scrutiny by swiss mark. Nice bloke though. 

3 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

the BBC commentator who follows The Addicks was interviewed by Radio Briz prior to the Rovers game. I'm surprised Dean has accepted the job after what the beeb said. 

The fans are fed up with the board. Nothing new but it is far worse than normal apparently. Apathy is rife. Their previous manager was given no support by the board etc.

One thing the commentator said though was that despite all the sackings and ill feeling etc, there will always be a professional manager wanting the job. 

I suppose if the cub were in a good place then they wouldn't be appointing someone with Holden's (lack of) experience and prestige.

I imagine both parties are looking at it thinking "It's far from ideal, but it's the best we can get right now".

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Selred said:

Are they wrong ?

Time will tell. In Fairness to him, the style of play for the first few games after his appointment was a definite improvement from the tail end of Johnson’s reign. He really did not adapt to injuries to players like Weimann or Mawson and we were awful by the end but he might - or of course might not - have learned from what went wrong with us.

• Like 2