IGNORED

Time Since Last Bristol City Penalty

JackiDziekanowski

FINALLY a glimpse of justice!

Excited Go Crazy GIF by LA Galaxy

It won't change all the damage done, it surely doesn't explain why it took so long to break this nonsense anomaly (so the suspects are still fully open)...but at least it gives us the hope to see a change in the next future, with less errors but most of all more respect for our team.

A penalty. I still can't believe it happened!

25 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Who is the Sunderland player who conceded this monumental event?

He should be inducted into the Bristol City Hall of Fame along with that Mansfield player who sent the Gas down.

Colin Daniel? Legend! We even had a stand named after him for a while. 

Gavin Ward is a new City hero! 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, harrys said:

Right, how long since we were awarded a penalty at home, keep the clock ticking 

Wells v Norwich on 31 October 2020. He missed it horribly. No fans in the stadium that day thanks to COVID. 841 days.

For the last time home fans actually saw us take a penalty in the flesh I think, and this could be wrong, but I think you have to go back just over 3 years to 29 Dec 2019 when Fam scored one against Luton in a 3-0 win.1,148 days!

Edited by ExiledAjax

6 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Wells v Norwich on 31 October 2020. He missed it horribly. No fans in the stadium that day thanks to COVID. 841 days.

For the last time home fans actually saw us take a penalty in the flesh I think, and this could be wrong, but I think you have to go back just over 3 years to 29 Dec 2019 when Fam scored one against Luton in a 3-0 win.1,148 days!

2019 !!! That is nuts

7 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

It’s about time we had Gavin Ward ref us at Ashton Gate ?

8 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

It begs the question now that, now we have had one, which club is now the proud holder of the record?

Wolves is currently on the longest streak I believe. Across Europe's big 5 leagues plus the Championship, on a 2 season timeframe we've actually moved one off the bottom and above them on penalties awarded as well as matches per penalty etc. - but fans of feeling hard done by will be pleased to know that we're still worst in the Championship on any measure from 2 seasons up to 5 seasons, and worst even in Europe over 3 seasons.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Does make me laugh, always an individual club who are most hard done by.

Sheffield Wednesday fans or a few moaning that Refereeing Mistakes highlighted that their 3rd goal Saturday should have veen disallowed for offside.

Penalties awarded in League this season? 7 to date- yet they're bemoaning officiating. All fans do I guess but they should try a 469 day penalty gap. Granted one of the more dominant sides in League One yet they apparently have had loads of bad decisions against. ?

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, archie andrews said:

How was that missed by the ref in the spurs west ham game on now..... 

18 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Just Tweeted similar.

Reaching down, full palm of the hand to the ball. 

I really have no clue what they look for now.

The MotD theory is the Ref thought he over balanced and put his hand down . Thing is, if you fall over you don't go fingertips down. Bad enough it was not given by the Ref, but for VAR to ignore it, well ......