IGNORED

Time Since Last Bristol City Penalty

JackiDziekanowski

Are Liverpool now the new penalty drought kings or? How long was their record.

Anyway in the long game ours despite the two in successive games is still:

*3 in 90 League games if we sample back to the start of last season.

*3 in 99 if we include Cup games.

*3 in 122 if we include the period following Millwall away in 2021 in the Cup...112 League games and 10 Cup.

*If we include that game then it's 4 in 123 but if we stretch back to the period post Norwich at home it remains at 4 but in 138 games I make it. From the start of November 2020 to present, that includes two Cup games.

*League only it's 3 in 2 years and 4-5 months or 127 games.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just checked- no they got 2 and missed 2 subsequent to this. Plus they get plenty anyway albeit will be up there usually in terms of attacking stats.

PL aside our record vs some comparable, indeed some worst clubs output wise at our level is very odd...but then again Burnley only getting 3 this year, Luton 2 also oddly low, Sheffield United likewise.

However this issue has been going on for us for years now just one season.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

To add to my last post, I reckon our record in terms of penalty vs shot data is waaaaay down on an average let alone vs some individual and comparable sides.

I started some work in the Autumn on this, maybe I'll resume.

My disclaimer is that for a couple of years our shot data scored poorly indeed but over the piece we have been very poorly served for years, especially say from Blackburn at home 2021 or Christmas 2021.

That's excellent work Dave, thanks also We're 20th for shots? Has felt higher this season but I guess that is including all home and away. Still that will save me some of time. Still it feels like we are very much trending in the right direction in many areas...we were dead last iirc in 2020-21 e.g. 

Reading are a weird weird anomaly, 8 pens this season.

It also strikes me that teams are shooting less than they once did. 10-15 years ago, 20...Footcharts is no longer going but it went back 20 years and was excellent for certain types of basic data for loads of Leagues. League only.

One thst may surprise people, Bolton who were pigeonholed as long ball and boring only under Big Sam actually execute quite a lot of shots at home..probably varied and depending on opposition and less away from home but than were more nuanced IMO than popular perception at least an home and vs middling and lower sides. Vs top sides on TV which most would see, yeah the cap fit a lot more.

Perception v reality again. Atletico under Simeone. First title under him, first 19 games bot only had 50 points but also 45-50 goal. Kept up with the big 2 stride for stride pretty much...at home would surely go at most opposition. Then again a front 3 of Turan, Costa, Villa, Koke orchestrating midfield and Juanfran and Luis as attacking full backs you probably should against a lot of teams at home!

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

That's excellent work Dave, thanks also We're 20th for shots? Has felt higher this season but I guess that is including all home and away. Still that will save me some of time. Still it feels like we are very much trending in the right direction in many areas...we were dead last iirc in 2020-21 e.g. 

FBRef is your friend!!!

https://fbref.com/en/comps/10/Championship-Stats

What I like about their data ids they do a "for" and "against" so you can see who gives up the most shots too.

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Tom Ince.

• Like 1

Another for Cardiff tonight.

They missed it as usual mind you but who knew sides in the bottom third got 5 or is it 6 now in a season.

Either level with or more than we've received in all but 3. We've received 2 this season, 1 laat and 2 in the League In 2020-21.

3 in 4 games for them actually.