IGNORED

Basics

The Humble Realist

Not sure I can digest the stuff on the pitch yet but for the 2nd year running why on earth are we playing song wba sing just before the teams come out 

It's the equivilant of wba putting 'I am a cider drinker' on at the hawthorns. 

I know its only a small thing but it is amateur. If you are in charge of the music at Ashton gate I dont mean any harm, please just do a bit of research first. The last thing we need is getting the away fans livened up anymore than they already are 

Here is the song in question 

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

6 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Aren't most loads of songs adapted into football songs..? Should none of those ever be used.?

The Liquidaror is more traditionally as song of West Broms' fiercest rivals, isn't it..?

Dont think so especially. But for wba it really is one of the songs they sing pre match...they were singing along to the whole thing !

First game of the season, early 90s, and we were away to Wolves.

The teams walked on to The Liquidator. The City players then told whoever how much they enjoyed the tune. Some players suggested it should be the entrance music at the Gate. 

I think this should be the new music... it will inspire!

• Haha 2

Thought their fans were great today.Non stop singing pretty much and loads of different songs.Hate to admit it though. 

3 hours ago, Slacker said:

Thought their fans were great today.Non stop singing pretty much and loads of different songs.Hate to admit it though. 

Exactly...we are on a bad enough state on the pitch that we dont need to give the away fans a gee up

9 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

They didn't play it today in fact the pre match music in the build-up was altogether better I thought.

Think they learned their lesson from last time !

It wasnt that I was saying it is a bad song generally, but for wba in particular it is because they love it and have done for many years! Away end was bouncing last time.

Of course one other effective strategy to quieten the away end is to get Sam Bell to score an early screamer right in front of it ...

• Like 1

On 26/12/2022 at 19:30, Norn Iron said:

First game of the season, early 90s, and we were away to Wolves.

The teams walked on to The Liquidator. The City players then told whoever how much they enjoyed the tune. Some players suggested it should be the entrance music at the Gate. 

I think this should be the new music... it will inspire!

That’ll be ******* hilarious ???

welcome to the circus ? 

1 minute ago, bcfcshorey said:

I quite like the Chemical Brothers montage intro. Should go from that, to the Trumpet fanfare and then into One for the Bristol City.

Bring back the Red Red Robin I say, it's not just for the older generation, my 4 month old Grandson loves "bob, bob, bobbing along" when I sing it to him. :)

3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Bring back the Red Red Robin I say, it's not just for the older generation, my 4 month old Grandson loves "bob, bob, bobbing along" when I sing it to him. :)

If we have a Saturday evening kick off, at the end of the game, especially if it's been a feisty encounter, they could play "Saturday night's alright for fighting"!