IGNORED

If Nige was gone and Euell was in temporary charge

Davefevs

30 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Get off Davefevs back some of you. The guy is passionate about his football club and is feeling a tad fed up with things as they are progressing as are a lot of us.

Has an opinion as we all do.

I agree with you and FWIW I have a generally positive response to his posts but you and I both know that if practically anyone else had posted such a low hanging clickbait title then they'd be getting a ton of abuse for it, way more than anything said to Dave here. 

• Like 9
  • Flames 1

Just now, pillred said:

I'm afraid that's the way it WILL come across to the majority of posters though me very much included, you want to be careful your post could well come back to haunt you and sooner than you think.

It won’t haunt me.  When I post I try to give my reasons for my opinions, and these are what I think.  Others are just as passionate in their opposing opinions.  I don’t see anyone haunted by being wrong, apart from in jest.

Do you really think I’ve spent 6 years posting a lot for the attention?  I read OTIB for a few years before someone told me I didn’t need to pay to post, but when I did join, I paid anyway.  No, Its because I love discussing all things Bristol City, good, bad and indifferent, with those I agree with and those I don’t.  But I hope, in the main, in a respectful, polite way.

• Like 6
  • Flames 2

Last thing I expected from you @Davefevs. I respect your opinion, analysis and undoubted support for the club, but a clickbait title isn't the way to go about it. Tensions within the fan base are rightly high. We cannot risk relegation, and at the moment that is a real possibility. 

I've backed Nige for a long time, but it's now running very thin. I understand the constraints and what he's trying to do, but it's not working at the moment, and we cannot afford to wait see if it works before the seasons end. Football is a cut throat business, Nige will know this more than anyone.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sinenomine said:

I agree with you and FWIW I have a generally positive response to his posts but you and I both know that if practically anyone else had posted such a low hanging clickbait title then they'd be getting a ton of abuse for it, way more than anything said to Dave here. 

The irony of the title was qualified in the final sentence of my OP.

44 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yeah, maybe.

I do accept others have a different viewpoint, it’s why I post, to have a good discussion about it, bring different context to the discussion.

I’m pretty polite in the way I discuss on here, I don’t just say things like “you’re wrong”, I try and discuss, I try to bring out people’s thoughts as to why they feel the way they do.

This is why I feel the way I do, Nige record to date as our manager; P89, W26, D20, L43, in coming up to 2 yrs;

I would feel much better if the losses 43 were wins and the wins 26 were losses; to be fair we are currently worse of in the table than we were when he came here.

Looks like NP is going no-where soon so we are left with hope that there will be 3 worse teams than us at the end of the season, it could go down to the wire looking at our games in April :facepalm:

So we now wait and see if we can come out of the next window stronger (I believe you said that elsewhere?) many others hoped the international break would help us, no sign of that yet.

1 minute ago, P'head Red said:

Last thing I expected from you @Davefevs. I respect your opinion, analysis and undoubted support for the club, but a clickbait title isn't the way to go about it. Tensions within the fan base are rightly high. We cannot risk relegation, and at the moment that is a real possibility. 

I've backed Nige for a long time, but it's now running very thin. I understand the constraints and what he's trying to do, but it's not working at the moment, and we cannot afford to wait see if it works before the seasons end. Football is a cut throat business, Nige will know this more than anyone.

I don’t argue with any of that.

It sounds like it’s fine for others to be a bit mischievous / twattish / insert other word, in what they post, carefully extract bits of a quote to come up with all kinds of misleading / disingenuous stuff, though. Hey-no. ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Dave- I think you're losing it.

Never has I seen anyone quite so obsessed with the defence of a manager. The Inheritance tax thread you started. 

It's almost like you're laying a trail of justification. 

Just maybe you have been wrong and Nige is not the man to take this club forward and maybe at some point you will have to hold your hands up and say "I was wrong"?

In my opinion, obvs.

In all fairness if Pearson fancies a new agent to try and get him his next job I would be turning to davefevs if I was him.

2 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Dave- I think you're losing it.

Never has I seen anyone quite so obsessed with the defence of a manager. The Inheritance tax thread you started. 

It's almost like you're laying a trail of justification. 

Just maybe you have been wrong and Nige is not the man to take this club forward and maybe at some point you will have to hold your hands up and say "I was wrong"?

In my opinion, obvs.

In all fairness if Pearson fancies a new agent to try and get him his next job I would be turning to davefevs if I was him.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, sinenomine said:

Yep, and some need to grow up. I've posted things on here and the PC brigade wake up in their darkened room and fein shock horror on behalf of all and sundry.  We all know Davefevs and his very regular posts to know he is is not of that ilk. The thread title may not be great but he says that himself. He is not on here to be a conspirator and stir shite. He is pissed off. I am pissed off. I expect the vast majority on here are at this moment are pissed off. Give him a break.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, gl2 said:

This is why I feel the way I do, Nige record to date as our manager; P89, W26, D20, L43, in coming up to 2 yrs;

I would feel much better if the losses 43 were wins and the wins 26 were losses; to be fair we are currently worse of in the table than we were when he came here.

Looks like NP is going no-where soon so we are left with hope that there will be 3 worse teams than us at the end of the season, it could go down to the wire looking at our games in April :facepalm:

So we now wait and see if we can come out of the next window stronger (I believe you said that elsewhere?) many others hoped the international break would help us, no sign of that yet.

Yep, no arguments there.

I’ve always said the squad isn’t anywhere near strong enough…this window has potential to be an opportunity to change that, in two ways:

- moving on some high earners who aren’t playing, freeing up some money to bring in new players to compliment the core of decent ones we have.

- moving on Scott or Semenyo for a fee big enough to change the squad.

We will know on 1st Feb where we stand.

We might know before that.

3 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Yep, and some need to grow up. I've posted things on here and the PC brigade wake up in their darkened room and fein shock horror on behalf of all and sundry.  We all know Davefevs and his very regular posts to know he is is not of that ilk. The thread title may not be great but he says that himself. He is not on here to be a conspirator and stir shite. He is pissed off. I am pissed off. I expect the vast majority on here are at this moment are pissed off. Give him a break.

Condensed version: Big Tone is sending the boys round! ?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, no arguments there.

I’ve always said the squad isn’t anywhere near strong enough…this window has potential to be an opportunity to change that, in two ways:

- moving on some high earners who aren’t playing, freeing up some money to bring in new players to compliment the core of decent ones we have.

Have to say that I am not sure that Semenyo just now will realise the fee we all think is realistic.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, no arguments there.

Condensed version: Big Tone is sending the boys round! ?

No, the Wife instead

47 minutes ago, pillred said:

I'm afraid that's the way it WILL come across to the majority of posters though me very much included, you want to be careful your post could well come back to haunt you and sooner than you think.

Hyperbolic much?!  Its a post on a football forum for goodness sakes.  

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

No, this isn’t what’s happening, but it is the first stage of what will happen if Nige is sacked / leaves.

Is this what we need at this crucial point of the season?

There is no planning, ie someone lined up, so will take a while / weeks to sort.

Sorry for a misleading headline…always best to read the whole thing! ???

Do we need a manager in charge at this crucial time that does not seem capable of resolving long term issues of defence and is leading us to relegation. Or do we keep him because it might take some time to replace him. Hardly  a reason to keep someone in a job.

4 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

Do we need a manager in charge at this crucial time that does not seem capable of resolving long term issues of defence and is leading us to relegation. Or do we keep him because it might take some time to replace him. Hardly  a reason to keep someone in a job.

In which case, you’ve chosen what you’d do…sack now, appoint Euell whilst we recruit a replacement / appoint Euell permanently, whilst in a transfer window.  There is no right or wrong answer.  If it does happen we can see how it plays out.  Might be perfect.

52 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It won’t haunt me.  When I post I try to give my reasons for my opinions, and these are what I think.  Others are just as passionate in their opposing opinions.  I don’t see anyone haunted by being wrong, apart from in jest.

Do you really think I’ve spent 6 years posting a lot for the attention?  I read OTIB for a few years before someone told me I didn’t need to pay to post, but when I did join, I paid anyway.  No, Its because I love discussing all things Bristol City, good, bad and indifferent, with those I agree with and those I don’t.  But I hope, in the main, in a respectful, polite way.

I would say in the main you do indeed post a lot of sense but today for some reason that sense has deserted you, maybe you were trying to be funny I don't know but judging by the reactions to your post most did not find it amusing and were a tad disappointed in it 

1 minute ago, pillred said:

I would say in the main you do indeed post a lot of sense but today for some reason that sense has deserted you, maybe you were trying to be funny I don't know but judging by the reactions to your post most did not find it amusing and were a tad disappointed in it 

I certainly wasn’t trying to be funny, just trying to bring some reality to what a number of posters seem to want, and some irony too, albeit a bit of a crap thread title.  Some will be happy with that reality, cool.

Thanks for the response though.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

You’ve let yourself down, you’ve let the club down, and most importantly you’ve let OTIB down. Nigel will see you in his office now ???

?

?‍?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5