IGNORED

Craig Shakespeare

PFree

11 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

As it stands, Nige probably has 1/2 games to save his job. 

No chance we start adding to the back room staff now.

Exactly and he was going to work with the coaches he inherited…. Until he didn’t like them and got his own in. He already has his people here…. Or will he sack one of Euell or Fleming to bring in the latest “his man”? 

42 minutes ago, Mendip City said:

Exactly and he was going to work with the coaches he inherited…. Until he didn’t like them and got his own in. He already has his people here…. Or will he sack one of Euell or Fleming to bring in the latest “his man”? 

We still have less coaches in the current team than what LJ had at any point. Former had two assistants. No reason not to have more than 2 coaches.

39 minutes ago, Fuber said:

We still have less coaches in the current team than what LJ had at any point. Former had two assistants. No reason not to have more than 2 coaches.

Yeah LJ has two assistants/coaches and a goalkeeping coach. That’s plenty of senior coaches.

I think that the same as Euell, Fleming and Mountain? 

Holden also had the same structure.  

In fact Pat Mountain is the only constant. Perhaps he’s the issue? ?

Edited by Mendip City

2 hours ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

I think that's very wishful thinking. 

We're not going to be sacking a manager just as our CEO is about to leave. 

Whilst results have not been great, Nigel has met the remit of his job in many other ways. 

• Like 7

4 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I think that's very wishful thinking. 

We're not going to be sacking a manager just as our CEO is about to leave. 

Whilst results have not been great, Nigel has met the remit of his job in many other ways. 

Getting the most out of this current batch of players should feature highly on that remit I would have thought. 

If he is getting the most out of them, we're in big trouble I would suggest.

Something he & the club should seriously consider. By far the most affordable option of adding new ideas without throwing the baby out with the bath water.

My gut is he’s probably past the point of turning anything around here without reinforcements in coaching & players.

8 hours ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

I think it would depend on the manner of the defeats, an odd goal loss (& boy we’ve had plenty of those) & I don’t think he’s in the same sort of danger yet, as I think it was the 6-0 at Watford that effectively sank Holden.

7 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Doubt his ego would allow it. If Pearson bought him in now he’d be admitting he needs help 

He’s said before he’s his best mate in football, so I don’t think he would have any issue at all with bringing him in, apart from the fact it would surely spell the end for Fleming & I don’t see him being prepared to do that to another mate. Euell only joined last summer so he wouldn’t be leaving.

I'd have loved this even three months ago, but I feel Pearson's ship has sailed now. Football is fickle though, say we beat Millwall and Coventry (big ask), maybe that'll buy time that allows Pearson to bring in a new coach. I dunno. Gut says Pearson's tenure is all but up. 

1 hour ago, ChubStixx said:

Getting the most out of this current batch of players should feature highly on that remit I would have thought. 

If he is getting the most out of them, we're in big trouble I would suggest.

Comparing this to our performances earlier in the season he’s obviously not getting the most out of them.

10 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Football is fickle though, say we beat Millwall and Coventry (big ask), maybe that'll buy time that allows Pearson to bring in a new coach. 

If we get as much as 4 points from the next two games I’ll post a picture of my ass on here.

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, Jeez said:

Something he & the club should seriously consider. By far the most affordable option of adding new ideas without throwing the baby out with the bath water.

My gut is he’s probably past the point of turning anything around here without reinforcements in coaching & players.

Yep, agree and it’s a big call for the Lansdown’s on Shakespeare (if he even wanted to come!)

Do you continue placing your chips on Pearson or try and cut your loses with a completely new regime? Marginally, the former for me.

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Comparing this to our performances earlier in the season he’s obviously not getting the most out of them.

If we get as much as 4 points from the next two games I’ll post a picture of my ass on here.

Cracking idea !  Will it be split screen?

I dread to think what you'll do if we get 6 points.

The mind boggles !

If the powers to be have real concern over NP's future, then they cannot employ another coach as any incoming manager is likely to want their own backroom staff, but that does not mean he could not be given a short term contact or paid as a consultant, if things work out in the short term for NP then could be offered a normal contract, assuming NP feels he needs him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

If the powers to be have real concern over NP's future, then they cannot employ another coach as any incoming manager is likely to want their own backroom staff, but that does not mean he could not be given a short term contact or paid as a consultant, if things work out in the short term for NP then could be offered a normal contract, assuming NP feels he needs him.

They've spent most of their careers working together, I don't see why he wouldn't want to work with him again..

For what its worth, I think its a no go from a financial point of view and would CS really want to come here?

• Like 2