IGNORED

Millwall away match thread

Just now, spudski said:

Watching on Millwall TV...their commentary has been very positive about us.

Saying we've done our work on them...pressing, not allowing them to play. Making them play long balls. That we are energetic and organised.

I thought I was watching the Millwall Comms but it's the yank one. If anyone's interested ESPN+ is the home of 30 for 30 library and Verizon mobile have a great iPhone 14 deal

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

I post negatively if it’s deserved.  I can accept bad games but not a string of bad games with no ambition to pass the ball.  We are a shadow of our former selves. Not everyone has completely lowered any expectation and had any ambition knocked out of them 

As I said I don’t think you understand what we are trying to achieve against Millwall at Millwall on a surface heavily watered to make the ball difficult to control…Millwall don’t need to try to control it and build, because they just bang it.

It’s like preparing a seamer’s wicket in Yorkshire and a spinners wicket in Karachi.

For 10 mins we managed to avade their press and had a bit of superiority.

Thats a typical first half away performance of a team trying to get a foothold on a game when you’re struggling for form and results.

What about some positives or even reflections on the shape, who’s playing where, has it helped, hindered, etc?

Not seen much of that from anyone.

Rob playing central?

Andi floating between no10 and RM3, James and Scott trying to always be the 2 safe midfielders?

Conway’s cross to Antoine?

James’s press for Antoine to miscontrol.

Lots of things to comment on.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Maybe you should try watching the game without your Pearson out glasses on? 

Any game against Millwall is going to be terrible.

So far today, we have put in a better performance against Millwall than we did in the home game against Millwall. 

We had more possession, more shots on target and a goal that game 

2 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Maybe you should try watching the game without your Pearson out glasses on? 

Any game against Millwall is going to be terrible.

So far today, we have put in a better performance against Millwall than we did in the home game against Millwall. 

Never going to happen.  Him and a few others.   No point in asking them.  

• Like 5
11 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

City slightly the better of the sides in the first half. Millwall seem to have turned up for an all in wrestling match instead of a football one. 

When we zip the ball around on the deck Millwall have had to resort to fouling to break our play up. 

Semenyo clearly lacks a bit of sharpness but we aren't too far away from scoring. 

I would add to that, both sides playing a lot of long balls, particularly clearances, and Millwall came very close to scoring.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

As I said I don’t think you understand what we are trying to achieve against Millwall at Millwall on a surface heavily watered to make the ball difficult to control…Millwall don’t need to try to control it and build, because they just bang it.

It’s like preparing a seamer’s wicket in Yorkshire and a spinners wicket in Karachi.

For 10 mins we managed to avade their press and had a bit of superiority.

Thats a typical first half away performance of a team trying to get a foothold on a game when you’re struggling for form and results.

What about some positives or even reflections on the shape, who’s playing where, has it helped, hindered, etc?

Not seen much of that from anyone.

Rob playing central?

Andi floating between no10 and RM3, James and Scott trying to always be the 2 safe midfielders?

Conway’s cross to Antoine?

James’s press for Antoine to miscontrol.

Lots of things to comment on.

I understand what we are doing. Would bloody love to see a bit more incisive passing though!  Atkinson defending well when he doesn’t have the ball.  Wish I had the time for long long  posts on a normal day let alone mid game so not able to go into loads of detail.  

• Hmmm 2