IGNORED

A Win and a Performance!

REDOXO

A new CEO inbound. Who will clearly be watching and reporting over the next few games. 

I don’t see the idea Pearson will be fired by SL or Gould, while the latter is a dead duck CEO, at least without the approval of the new bloke and I don’t see that until his assessments of position are complete, hence the agents tweet. 

The 18 or so players picked tonight know if they get on they are being watched more closely than ever. 

We need something from them for all of our sakes. 

COYRs

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

A new CEO inbound. Who will clearly be watching and reporting over the next few games. 

I don’t see the idea Pearson will be fired by SL or Gould, while the latter is a dead duck CEO, at least without the approval of the new bloke and I don’t see that until his assessments of position are complete, hence the agents tweet. 

The 18 or so players picked tonight know if they get on they are being watched more closely than ever. 

COYRs

Do you really think that a new CEO will change how the players perform against Millwall. I think it is wishful thinking. I think they will be bullied and well beaten as normal. Nothing has changed under Pearson. Same problems unresolved week in week out. But as always I hope I am wrong.COYR.

16 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

Do you really think that a new CEO will change how the players perform against Millwall. I think it is wishful thinking. I think they will be bullied and well beaten as normal. Nothing has changed under Pearson. Same problems unresolved week in week out. But as always I hope I am wrong.COYR.

Hope the players show some effort and cohesion that we know they are capable of. I'll be happy with a draw tonight. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Can't say I have but I'm guessing its shit.

No..!

It's cold, wet & windy. 

It's us that are shit. 

We can't blame the weather for being that way in late December - it's just doing it's job.

It's us that aren't doing ours. 

• Haha 2

We don’t need a win and a performance. They’ve already done that this season and then gone back to being utter dross. We need genuine change, an identity, a tighter defence, players who can keep the ball for longer than 15 seconds, CB’s in defence and not midfielders, our top scorer from last season not playing at right back. Whatever happens tonight, unless it ends with him being sacked. Nothing will change and we’ll enjoy league 1 footy next year 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, REDOXO said:

COYRs

Gould or the new CEO’s opinion on the manager don’t count for anything, the only persons opinion that counts is the owner.He will make the decision on NP when he feels he has to.

We can moan on Internet forums and social media, we can boo at AG,makes no difference, it is SL’s train set and he makes all the big calls.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

Gould or the new CEO’s opinion on the manager don’t count for anything, the only persons opinion that counts is the owner.He will make the decision on NP when he feels he has to.

We can moan on Internet forums and social media, we can boo at AG,makes no difference, it is SL’s train set and he makes all the big calls.

If you think that a bloke with his track record would take the job without having an agreed remit which will include having a say in who is responsible to him then you really need to think again. 

• Like 1

I hope they have been doing their homework for Millwall on the training ground over the last few days. For example, getting in the builders and giving them a free reign to batter our players with hobnail boots, spades and pickaxe handles. On and off the ball. Maybe recruit the partially sighted foreman to ref too.

34 minutes ago, Super said:

Can't help thinking this is a bad fixture. You will need a team with guts and fight tonight which certainly wasn't there on BD. Hope I'm wrong.

Enter George Tanner, he’ll kick anything!  Need a bit of that tonight.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, REDOXO said:

If you think that a bloke with his track record would take the job without having an agreed remit which will include having a say in who is responsible to him then you really need to think again. 

The manager may have a reporting line to the CEO and in any normal business may have the power to hire and fire however, there is no way that the new CEO will have the power at this club to fire NP, or any other first team manager without the 100% agreement of SL.

And that is simply the norm in football unless the CEO is also a majority shareholder. 

I may have misunderstood your post and if I have I apologize but to think that the CEO of BCFC has that power is simply incorrect. 

6 hours ago, ScottishRed said:

The manager may have a reporting line to the CEO and in any normal business may have the power to hire and fire however, there is no way that the new CEO will have the power at this club to fire NP, or any other first team manager without the 100% agreement of SL.

And that is simply the norm in football unless the CEO is also a majority shareholder. 

I may have misunderstood your post and if I have I apologize but to think that the CEO of BCFC has that power is simply incorrect. 

The post was clear! The idea that the new CEO will not have input “have a say” into who works for him is absurd. The remit would have been discussed as it would have been anywhere!

The rest is you!

18 hours ago, Redrascal2 said:

Well we wasn't bullied and we wasn't well beaten, we rarely do get well beaten. 

Lots and lots has changed since Pearson arrived. You know, like actually having shots on target? You just don't want to see it. 

• Like 2

Very pleased to be wrong and great that we met the physical challenge. A good point at a tough venue. I do not criticise Pearson for the sake of it and defended him for a long time. And hope we get through this season successfully. But as to your comment about a lot has changed, we are three pints above relegation and to me that doesn't represent a great deal of progress since he came here.