IGNORED

Coventry City away match thread

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

image.thumb.png.0e62a226faa6e6e8a7afe36701c23993.png

That’s a bit pathetic really. Whether some fans like it or not Championship football and above is a money game these days. We have been fortunate to have a good reliable owner with very deep pockets, can’t fault them for trying to do the right thing, although I’d agree not every decision has been a wise one.

Be interesting to understand what change would be acceptable, and what type of owners and source of funding is required? Won’t be Russian, so a bit of Saudi / Qatari sportswashing perhaps or maybe some shady conglomerate from Asia? 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Pathetic 

because its not your view? 26 wins from 91 games is not great; add in 22 draws = 48 point scoring games; against 43 nil point scoring games.

We are all entitled to our views, if this goes ahead it may not bring any change whatsoever but will be noticed.

Say what you think not what you are supposed to think. :dunno:

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

We didn’t start that run on a point a game, though did we?

I think for a side that looked defensively frail to start to avoid defeat was the first step, a bit like our first point of the season at Wigan started off a decent run.

Up to you what you think, I reckon we’ll stay up about 5th from the bottom.

I’d like to think we will, but you stay up by winning games, not avoiding defeat, and we desperately need a winning run to put some distance between us and the bottom.  There have been good signs in the last couple of games, but we are missing the Weimann of last season and the first few games of this.

3 minutes ago, megansdad said:

odd really when the club is engaging actively with fans - would love to know what controllable change is wanted because from my perspective the club does an awful lot very well.

The tag line we want our <something> back still resonates 7 years after Trump Got elected. 

It’s always a nice easy one mind you. We want something back that we actually never had and is difficult to define. 

The club does as good a job as any club with its supporters, we simply haven’t done as well as we would like on the field this season…

Still I’m all for freedom of expression and freedom of speech. Go for it!

However as for my expression and speech. They’re a bunch of idiots 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
27 minutes ago, gl2 said:

because its not your view? 26 wins from 91 games is not great; add in 22 draws = 48 point scoring games; against 43 nil point scoring games.

We are all entitled to our views, if this goes ahead it may not bring any change whatsoever but will be noticed.

Say what you think not what you are supposed to think. :dunno:

As per post below, I’m not sure the “protesters” are protesting against Nige and / or the players.  If they are, it’s the shittest of shit posters they’ve designed, as it’s not saying that.  So now you’ve really confused me. ??‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Percy Pig said:

Wait so you want your club back from Pearson not the Lansdowns? This is even more laughable! 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Percy Pig said:

Aren't they the so called singing section people from years past? At the moment when our club needs a united front this is how a fan group responds... ugh. We get what we deserve. 

Probably... 

The singing section that started the Pearson out chants and then all pi**ed off 20 minutes before the end of the WBA game.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Attention?

Seems that way LR.

Maybe publicising their point/ agenda might be a worthwhile exercise otherwise it's just a walk from the pub to the ground for fat, half pissed, middle aged blokes in too tight shirts isn't it?

Just now, ExiledAjax said:

Oh come now. The poster very clearly states that they want "change". So they want change. Just some simple change. 

Change means change.

Underwear?

• Like 1
Just now, Ska Junkie said:

Seems that way LR.

Maybe publicising their point/ agenda might be a worthwhile exercise otherwise it's just a walk from the pub to the ground for fat, half pissed, middle aged blokes in too tight shirts isn't it?

Underwear?

Not anyone has a fetish for that.

14 minutes ago, Percy Pig said:

No, but before the south stand was completed wasn't it forza East end? Long time back mind. 

And booed a 20 year old on home debut... 

Yeah, I got a Forza Eastend scarf from years ago, but I don't think it's the same people. Then again I'm not involved any more.

The hashtag is #Pearsonout. Remarkable. 

Regarding the booing of Joe Low, I'll be honest, because it was a cup game there were loads of people I've never seen before in the corner, not regulars, not saying it was all newbies.

Edited by Puckle_red
Double post
  • Like 1

Personally I am all for this. If these people can pool the money from their paper rounds together and oust SL then we will be in the PL in no time. I would love to know who the ring leader is so I can shake him / her by their throat. 

5 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Are the residents of chav corner revolting?  

never been pleasant really

• Like 1
  • Haha 3