IGNORED

Coventry City away match thread

41 minutes ago, Malago said:

Thought our energy levels fell away second half.  Dabo coming on pushed Cam Pring back, which made a big difference to our attacking play.

Thought a draw was a fair result.

Agree, depth of squad over a condensed fixture period, shows through doesn’t it.  Also with players up to game speed and doing their jobs, you fear making a change other than the one he did.

I thought Cov’s subs were good.  Dabo, although I’m not a huge fan, pushed Pring back…Prinny had been a very good outlet for us and had the beating of Kane in the air and in the deck.  Sheaf is just a bloody good player (for Palmer who only showed flashes after a bright start), and Tavares gave them a runner in behind when replacing Waghorn…so they were able to come on strong.  We kinda hung in there.

34 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Happy with that. Goal down and slow start, played our way back in.

Had to take some more pressure 2nd half but that's good back to back away results with solid performances.

Yep, Max didn’t really have any saves to make of note.  We didn’t take the opportunities we had when on top in first half.

25 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Watched most of the Cardiff game today, they’re really poor, O’Dowda was one of their better players.

Absolutely no goal threat at all, Semenyo, Wells & Conway look a stronger strike force to me.

They are toothless aren’t they.  The huffed and puffed, but that was it.

5 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Just got a word in about Vyner's outstanding performance on Radio Bristol.

I know a few have said this.  I’m a bit more critical of him that that.  He got rolled by Gyokeres (and Waghorn) too many times first half.  He came back well, but I think people are seeing his tackle (no not that tackle) and going a bit overboard on his overall 90.  But still a good performance.

12 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Just got back from a weekend with the in-laws in Hull - they remain optimistic, reckon a few wins will put them in with a play-off shout, all off to Wigan tomorrow to witness their revival! The contrast with my eternal pessimism was stark! 

Blimey, a good win at Brum but that was their only win in 5.

Rosenior is certainly an interesting appointment & I doubt they’ll go down but I would happily bet that they get nowhere near the playoffs.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

They are toothless aren’t they.  The huffed and puffed, but that was it.

Awful up front, they paid over a million for Robinson in August but he’s really their only Championship standard striker & he threw a strop today when he was subbed..

The rest are Academy products like Harris & Davies or what look like L1 strikers, Etete, Watters.

10 minutes ago, Percy Pig said:

Perhaps it's time our support did some self reflection and ask themselves if they are an asset to this team and club beyond simply money? 

I heard they are doing a 'We want our club back march' from the three lions at the next home game.

This really is embarrassing and shows that some self reflection is needed.

• Like 7
  • Flames 1
7 minutes ago, Kingswood Robin said:

What a good home win would do for us now. It would make two good away points seem fantastic.

Winning some games in front of your own fans is a must. Got to go all out to beat Birmingham.

Will take everything we’ve got and probably a change in luck for us to beat Birmingham at AG in the league. Think we’ve only managed it once in the last 10 or so attempts!! 

Massive bogey side for us at home. 

18 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

I don’t think that’s a Pearson trend. It’s been like that at home in forever…

We’ve been poorer at home since the Cotterill days.

After the long winless run at home, our results were quite solid last season at home. PPG improved notably 

From Barnsley at home late October 2021 to present I think it's 43 pts from 29 home games which is reasonable. Definitely we have gained more at home than away under NP.

I think we are a few points ahead home v away since the start of NP reign.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
16 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

2 great points on the road at like you said, tough places 

It’s our home form that needs to improve if we want to stay up. We really have been pathetic at home and have done the last 5 or 6 home games .

Did I read right that we have only won something like 12 home games under Pearson? 

That wouldn't surprise me as it wasn't that long ago we couldn't buy a home win. 

I don't think we've been bad at home except against WBA. Need to play on the front foot more and get the crowd going. It does seem a little bit flat at times both on and off the pitch. 

2 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I heard they are doing a 'We want our club back march' from the three lions at the next home game.

I saw that on WhatsApp.

“What do we want - change

When do we want it - now”

But what change do they want?

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, Cov 77 said:

To be honest we have to get behind the team as much as possible against Birmingham, patience needed, Brum are big and awkward and it won’t be pretty, but they need some positive backing.

West Brom was a shit show and everyone was frustrated and pissed off but going forward not going to help 

Only the 2nd half I think, the West Brom game. 1st half wasn't an awful lot in it and that's before we even consider their form under Corberan, players such as Swift etc.

2 hours ago, Psychopomp said:

Our so called “ supporters” are pathetic. Just read this thread . No wonder we have never been to the Prem. It is embarrassing. 

So 42 years of disappointment by those old enough to remember us trying to get back there counts for nothing? let's see how you feel in 2065, yes 2065!

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, pillred said:

So 42 years of disappointment by those old enough to remember us trying to get back there counts for nothing? let's see how you feel in 2065, yes 2065!

We'll still be pathetic Pill.  Dead, but pathetic. These young uns are our future.

32 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Really ?!

Kids eh.

Hopefully, they'll get shut up way before the ground - all 12 of 'em.

• Like 3
37 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Is this true? 

If so from whom do “we” want our club back from, who is going to get it and how much will this cost?

• Like 1