IGNORED

Coventry City away match thread

2 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

They’ll arrive at the Gate to be met by Uncle Steve who will agree to change. All they have to do is get their chèque books out and it’s all theirs. 

Might be a long exchange Your Maj and I would be checking the cheques for their rubber qualities

Edited by BigTone
1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

Oh come now. The poster very clearly states that they want "change". So they want change. Just some simple change. 

Change means change.

I've thought long and hard about this.

We've got a new CEO coming in.

So change is happening. 

They can put their bedsheets away. 

32 minutes ago, BigTone said:

If this is actual reality then it does make me wonder about the intelligence and educational level of our fan base.  It also makes me wonder who is behind the scenes stirring the pot.

For a very long time I've believed there is a toxic side to our fan base. 

Now I can't even begin to tell you what the driver of this is. But it's there. They bizarrely dont like Lansdown and don't like any manager that we appoint from day 1. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1
2 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

So change is happening. 

For a very long time I've believed there is a toxic side to our fan base. 

Now I can't even begin to tell you what the driver of this is. But it's there. They bizarrely dont like Lansdown and don't like any manager that we appoint from day 1. 

How very true re the fan base.  Some are so far up themselves.

Edited by BigTone
  • Flames 1

Another spirited performance today and one where we could have taken all three points again.

I definitely prefer the balance with this team. Andi brings so much to the team when further up and I thought him and Tanner linked well.

Zak and Rob superb at the back. Kal a bit wasteful with the ball but defended well. Great to see Semenyo looking more like his old self. 

It’ll be interesting to see what NP does at weekend. I’d keep the same team and give them a run of games.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Kolsch said:

Another spirited performance today and one where we could have taken all three points again.

I definitely prefer the balance with this team. Andi brings so much to the team when further up and I thought him and Tanner linked well.

Zak and Rob superb at the back. Kal a bit wasteful with the ball but defended well. Great to see Semenyo looking more like his old self. 

It’ll be interesting to see what NP does at weekend. I’d keep the same team and give them a run of games.

Granted IMO it was a decent result

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

So change is happening. 

Furthermore what have the past two years seen if not drastic, dramatic, and relentless change in all aspects of how this club is run?

I'd be 99% sure these fans don't know who the current CEO is, let alone that there's going to be a change there soon.

Jokes aside - I sympathise with frustration, and I do think there are things that need to change (a proper board of directors, better fan engagement and involvement, a simpler ticket pricing structure etc), but nebulously demanding change and spouting clichés such as "we want our club back" and "fans not customers" is mental.

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, Kolsch said:

Agree up to maybe the last sentence. I can see it both ways, but with a pretty thin squad I could live with some of our key players being rested. Never like losing, but the league now has to be our only priority.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Kolsch said:

I imagine maybe 3 changes.  Williams and Sykes to get starts. Maybe give Bajic a game.  

Just now, ExiledAjax said:

Furthermore what have the past two years seen if not drastic, dramatic, and relentless change in all aspects of how this club is run?

I'd be 99% sure these fans don't know who the current CEO is, let alone that there's going to be a change there soon.

Jokes aside - I sympathise with frustration, and I do think there are things that need to change (a proper board of directors, better fan engagement and involvement, a simpler ticket pricing structure etc), but nebulously demanding change and spouting clichés such as "we want our club back" and "fans not customers" is mental.

Its not mental its just childish.  Again, I ask who is behind this because these kids do not have the intelligence to organise this themselves especially starting in a pub !!!

• Like 3
1 minute ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

SL did say he was looking for investment, not sure pocket money and half a bottle of prime is going to do it

Full bottle maybe ? After all, he wont want the mayhem that these cub scouts can cause.

Edited by BigTone
8 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Not just clichés but sentimental nonsense like "the club belongs to the fans". No it doesn't and never did.

Still, I can hear the chants now:

What do we want?

Better corporate governance and a majority of non-executives on the Board!

When do we want it?

After an extraordinary general meeting!

Edited by chinapig
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Flames 1

Change wise, I would hazard a guess that:

1) They want Pearson out/sacked asap.

2) While they don't want SL out necessarily, I assume that they want him to 'show some ambition and spend some money'.

3) Perhaps to 'put the football first over the rugby'.

The usual themes basically- simple solutions to complex problems that ignore or water down context. They want them and want them now without stopping to consider the feasibility.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

1) They want Pearson out/sacked.

2) While they don't want SL out necessarily, I assume that they want him to 'show some ambition and spend some money'.

The usual themes basically- simple solutions to complex issues that ignore or water down context.

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.

H. L. Mencken

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

1) They want Pearson out/sacked asap.

The usual themes basically- simple solutions to complex problems that ignore or water down context. They want them and want them now without stopping to consider the feasibility.

Always easy to spend someone else's money especially when you have none of your own

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

1) They want Pearson out/sacked.

The usual themes basically- simple solutions to complex issues that ignore or water down context.

I don't need to explain this to you but for those that are reading that don't understand, Lansdown can't just spend money. I'm 100% sure he would if he could, as he has done in the past. 

Lansdown has put far more into the football than he ever has with the rugby. 

• Like 4
  • Flames 2
Just now, redsquirrel said:

not intentially Tone,  i see what you mean tho and am binning it

Just now, redsquirrel said:

not intentially Tone,  i see what you mean tho and am binning it

I know you don't mate and its a laugh but some on here just get a tad "excited" at the prospect of knocking one out into a tissue at such things.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, BigTone said:

I know you don't mate and its a laugh but some on here just get a tad "excited" at the prospect of knocking one out into a tissue at such things.

Seems that humour is a crime for many on here.  Probably because they have no sense of it which really makes them sad *******.

3 minutes ago, sunningdalered said:

So there are no contributors to this forum who intend to take part in the 'protest', and would like to explain to the rest of us dimmwits what the point of it is? Come on, don't be shy. I'm ready to be convinced if it makes any sense. 

Ok, the whole idea is to make complete tosspots out of ourselves. But let me check that with my mentor first to ensure we are singing from the same songsheet ............

We were a bit more spontaneous back in the 80s with the old "protest" against things than today's kids, by looks of it. We'd only have to go 1:3 down at home to Walsall/Gillingham/Notts County and we'd crack on with it, giving poor old Les n Des both barrels . Then exit the Enclosure at the final whistle and carry on from the car park.

These kids up the Lions need to get a bloody wriggle on ....

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

We were a bit more spontaneous back in the 80s with the old "protest" against things than today's kids, by looks of it. We'd only have to go 1:3 down at home to Walsall/Gillingham/Notts County and we'd crack on with it, giving poor old Les n Des both barrels . Then exit the Enclosure at the final whistle and carry on from the car park.

These kids up the Lions need to get a bloody wriggle on ....

The kids at the Lions would piss their pants at the very thought. It would'nt be politically correct.

Edited by BigTone